THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Wow 2 pair of UTT samples. That's one pair I'd love to have but will never have bc they are all size 9.

too be honest i have never heard of that before, i also keep a lot of my older kicks in ziploc bags
someone on Facebook hit me up years ago about it. I posted pictures of my collection and most were zip locked. Something about shoes need air or something. I forgot how he explained it to me.

Do you wear them, or keep them them DS and store them in zip lock bags?

Found these for under retail at a mom n pop spot.. I was kinda shocked lol. Excuse the 90s..
20200222_172237.jpg

I heard putting them in a plastic bag like that ages your shoes even faster. More prone for crumble. Is this true? I used to store my Jordan’s in a bag back in the day.
My buddy Matt had a bunch of Js from late 90s in bags. About 10 years ago, he finally started wearing them and most crumbled instantaneosly. Florida weather sucks for shoes. He figured out that the foam of the midsole dried faster if it was bagged, boxed, and inside a closet with AC all the time. Leather hardened too. So since he and I had that conversation 5 -6 years ago, I’ve never had a pair of shoe inside a bag, inside a shoe box, inside a closet. I only have 3 DS pairs now. All mine are worn. I would hate to think I’ll be saving shoes for 15 years just for them to crumble when I have the minerals to wear them. $.02.

My buddy Matt had a bunch of Js from late 90s in bags. About 10 years ago, he finally started wearing them and most crumbled instantaneosly. Florida weather sucks for shoes. He figured out that the foam of the midsole dried faster if it was bagged, boxed, and inside a closet with AC all the time. Leather hardened too. So since he and I had that conversation 5 -6 years ago, I’ve never had a pair of shoe inside a bag, inside a shoe box, inside a closet. I only have 3 DS pairs now. All mine are worn. I would hate to think I’ll be saving shoes for 15 years just for them to crumble when I have the minerals to wear them. $.02.
See.. I guess that one dude who hit me up saved me from all that. Damn, man..I might have to invest in a rack and keep them out of my closet. I do keep them in the box still, only because I love the whole packaging, but I live in California. Florida does have that humid weather, no? We don’t get that out here. But still, I want to be on the safe side. Thanks for the reply, boss

Damn, I want to make some ID’s, but these pictures... is it that bad in hand?

Got my four IDs in and materials are nice other than the two mesh they used on the toe box and tongue. Would have preferred the toe box mesh on the tongue.

Also the shape out of the box is awful but they reshape very very well.

Got my four IDs in and materials are nice other than the two mesh they used on the toe box and tongue. Would have preferred the toe box mesh on the tongue.

Also the shape out of the box is awful but they reshape very very well.
Yeah, I’m worried about the toe box. I’ve never tried reshaping them before. I think I might just get a pair since I have a 20% code about to expire

Back
Top Bottom