THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Some type of shelves with a glass door or flip downs is intriguing to me. Kinda like the drop top plastic boxes but built with wood and glass.

I wish I had my shoes out in a shelf, this is how they're currently stored :\

PANO_20200425_181009.vr_2.jpg

I wish I had my shoes out in a shelf, this is how they're currently stored :\

PANO_20200425_181009.vr_2.jpg
Off topic but I see you have a lot of the mint boxes. I recently bought the AM1 inspired SB GTS Return in the og red and royals. One came in a mint box, one in a purple box. What's the significance of the different color boxes?

For storage? Not for me. I never wear the stuff in boxes. I'm too lazy to dig through them. I just walk in and every day another pair catches my eye and I grab them. I'm definitely not getting inches from the boxes and going down the row to look at colors on the box to see what's in it and I'm definitely not opening 20 boxes to find a pair I want to wear. I know that works for some but it's just not for me. I need to see them like at FootLocker. I use blackout curtains and the light is off 99% of the time. Dust is really the only concern but I haven't had any issues so far.
Do you keep your boxes? My closet isn’t that big so I keep mine on a shelf stacked up in boxes. Working on a design to redo my closet at the moment and get them on shelves so I can see them. For now I read the colors each day to find what I want and it’s irritating.

Do you keep your boxes? My closet isn’t that big so I keep mine on a shelf stacked up in boxes. Working on a design to redo my closet at the moment and get them on shelves so I can see them. For now I read the colors each day to find what I want and it’s irritating.
Yea I keep them. Some are broken down so they lay flat and some are just stacked up in storage. The only boxes I've thrown out are the cut top boxes from the outlet or random replacement boxes I've gotten when buying used pairs.

Off topic but I see you have a lot of the mint boxes. I recently bought the AM1 inspired SB GTS Return in the og red and royals. One came in a mint box, one in a purple box. What's the significance of the different color boxes?

Different eras/production dates

40376c54854faa4877b8f598ca740ad6.jpg

After a long time they finally changed the color to Purple for 2020, so releases from this year have them and some don't as they transition.

Yea I keep them. Some are broken down so they lay flat and some are just stacked up in storage. The only boxes I've thrown out are the cut top boxes from the outlet or random replacement boxes I've gotten when buying used pairs.
Don’t know why I haven’t thought of breaking them down. I’ve done that in the past, flipped boxes inside out to customize them. Made some custom Vikings sneakers and box for my nephew.
3BF2E5D9-EBD8-4AD8-B0E6-0C48D348FE47.jpeg

Some type of shelves with a glass door or flip downs is intriguing to me. Kinda like the drop top plastic boxes but built with wood and glass.
I will agree with your above statement. Now that I switched to drop down containers, it’s quicker and easier to see what I need to complete the fit. When they were in boxes you just can’t see all your options and forget about certain pairs. However I do enjoy keeping the boxes and like the look of them stacked. A nice filler of space

with your collection size I personally would go the wooden shelves route with some sort of glass doors/enclosures to protect dust. Drop down boxes take up a lot of space

Do you have a card catalog to find things? 😁

Haha they're organized by model for the most part. I'm pretty good with remember where I put something. I used to dig for records and I probably had 2-3000 back in the day (you can still see part of my collection in the pic), and I didn't catalog them or even really organize them. When I pulled something and put it back, I just knew where it was.

As noted above, different eras had different box colors. The mint were GR releases, and the mint/black were QS releases. Now they've switched to purple for GR, brown box for in-store only pairs, and the multi-color box for QS.

As noted above, different eras had different box colors. The mint were GR releases, and the mint/black were QS releases. Now they've switched to purple for GR, brown box for in-store only pairs, and the multi-color box for QS.
Appreciate it. I knew different colors was for different eras but was confused when 2 recent releases came in different bixes. I didn't know they were changing to a new color. Thanks for the info.

Haha they're organized by model for the most part. I'm pretty good with remember where I put something. I used to dig for records and I probably had 2-3000 back in the day (you can still see part of my collection in the pic), and I didn't catalog them or even really organize them. When I pulled something and put it back, I just knew where it was.

This is how I am. I always see people post, "I just grab the first thing on top because I can't remember what I have and don't want to dig through the boxes." I remember the exact order I have my shoes stacked and put them back in the same order after wearing them. I was a bit shocked when I realized others didn't do this too.

Since some of you guys hold your shoes in drop-front containers, do you throw away the boxes?

Thinking of going the drop-front route when we move.

did you use a steamer and towel with the shoe tree in? hows the mudguard do.. wrinkle at all?
I wet the toe box and wet t shirt over it, shoe tree inserted and iron from there. No issues with wrinkling on these and this is the method I’ve always used. I use a setting in the silk/wool range and make sure the materials don’t get dry and go from there. Best vid on YouTube is from verse001 verse001 ’s channel.

Back
Top Bottom