THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

If they actually retro, I’d scoop them up only if they do a retro+ version with a mesh toe box! Otherwise, I don’t want to deal with the leather.

Last edited:
Only snobs dont want retros.
I want a steady retro calendar so I know that once I’ve cooked pairs I love, more will be on the way eventually. Personally I wear everything and skip on pairs that will sit. Love some of the details on the Clots but didn’t think I’d wear a clear toe box so I passed. No hate on collecting pairs for display, it’s just not my speed.

Screenshot_20210418-143323_Facebook.jpg

Someone posted these on Facebook and I don't recognize them, are they the dark raisin Pinnacles? It's all I can come up with, but they look significantly different than the stockx and goat pics.
Yes, this is the "Dark Raisin" colorway from the Pinnacle series. Unrealeased, to the best of my knowledge - same as the "Lemon Wash" colorway. The pictures on StockX and Goat are not the best representations, and the picture above from Daan is probably a little light as it's being hit by sunlight (and got a more blue-ish hue). I'll attach a picture here of both samples with just regular indoor light to give you a better idea. Hope this helps, bro.

Attachments

• Pinnacle_Samples.png
    Pinnacle_Samples.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Yes, this is the "Dark Raisin" colorway from the Pinnacle series. Unrealeased, to the best of my knowledge - same as the "Lemon Wash" colorway. The pictures on StockX and Goat are not the best representations, and the picture above from Huub is probably a little light as it's being hit by sunlight. I'll attach a picture here of both samples with just regular indoor light to give you a better idea. Hope this helps, bro.
Well I'll be dammed. Good stuff.

Only snobs dont want retros.
Ha. I'm a snob for sure. I don't mind retros, but they're not the same as the originals. The construction and materials of AM1s today is simply a different animal than it used to be. Still, it's great with fresh wearable versions of beloved styles. And it gives a new generation an opportunity to own these cherished favorites.

Last edited:
Finally got my pair in. I went a size down (10) from my normal 10.5 and I gotta say, it's too snug. My toe hits the front like a size 10 and it's a bit tight all around the toes. I don't have narrow feet or fat feet, but my toes are on the longer side. Since prices dropped close to retail I'll probably pick up a 10.5. Hope this helps someone trying to figure out sizing

20210419_150643.jpg

Viotechs are an absolute must have! Really hope this happens, they are top of the want list with elephants.

Those who do own a pair or did, are you down for a retro or would you prefer them to be left alone? I remember a conversation about some not wanting the Cherrywoods to return

Would kill for a retro - here is my rotation from around 2008:

5F831CEE-179F-431D-B8A6-0E6A6CD8225F.jpeg

Don't know if I ever shared it on here, but a Viotech AM1 retro was originally scheduled for AMD 2020. It got tabled when Covid hit, so it's just a matter of time, I'd imagine.
Never heard of that to this day... But after seeing those LeBron 18 Low in same color scheme, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are bringing them up again now. Hope that there won’t be any twist tho.

Hey guys, can I get a quick LC on these? Not sure if there are any fakes of these yet, and they seem ok to me, but its from a new ebay user with very little feedback, so just wanna double check myself :smile: Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 27
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 27
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg