THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

1653532684991.gif

Really like the Kasina AM1s, might be my first resell purchase in a long time since it seems like mostly a South Korea release with only a few global retailers participating

Has Nike ever sent a coupon code for delayed NBY orders?

I haven’t received any type of email since “we’ve received your order.”

Getting jealous with all these pairs I’m seeing :lol:
I got one once, they gave me %20 off the pair I'd ordered because it was late, then they ended up canceling on me a week or so later after assuring me for like two months that I'd absolutely be getting my shoes.

I got one once, they gave me %20 off the pair I'd ordered because it was late, then they ended up canceling on me a week or so later after assuring me for like two months that I'd absolutely be getting my shoes.
Then they tried giving me NOTHING, since the order was canceled. It took a bunch of back and forth with escalating reps, but I finally convinced them of my argument that if late was worth 20% off, canceled completely had to be worth SOMETHING. Ended up getting a 40% off code with no restrictions.

What is the expected lifespan of an Air Max 1 before it crumbles etc? I'm thinking shoes around 2016 and after.
if DS?
if worn?

When buying older shoes, just wondering how long I can probably enjoy them before they die on me.

Based on my experience, they should last you a good 7+ years if not 10+ if worn on and off through the years. My Atmos Safari am1 from 2002 were still good for a while, albeit I bought them in 2008 or so (in 8/10 condition). I wore them on and off and they were mostly closeted the last 2 years and I decided to resole last month. They weren't crumbling on me per se, but based on how easy they were to resole and crumbled with force, they were pretty close to.

What is the expected lifespan of an Air Max 1 before it crumbles etc? I'm thinking shoes around 2016 and after.
if DS?
if worn?

When buying older shoes, just wondering how long I can probably enjoy them before they die on me.
I have heavily worn Anniversary pairs (2017) and so far theyre holding up really well. No crumbling, no glue separation, nothing.

if DS?
if worn?

Glue separation can start occuring around 10 years. Crumbling usually around 12-15 years. Lots of variables at play though - amount of wear, outdoor climate, indoor storage. Best thing to do is to keep wearing them.

if DS?
if worn?

Personally, most of the am1s I got back in 05-08 have had some very minor midsole and/or outsole separation. Repaired them with some Barge cement and they are good to wear. I have yet to experience any crumbling though. Like mentioned above, the amount of time before you start to experience any issues will vary. I wouldn’t worry too much if you are looking for 2016+ am1s.

Last edited:
Assuming it doesn’t get cancelled snagged the Madder Roots today off Ssense. Took me ages to get it to stop rejecting my order for some weird reason so we’ll see…

Back
Top Bottom