THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I like them.

20220609_093246.jpg
Man, Seems like everyone's Saturns toe guard area is holding up fine, mine is all creased up alread. :ohwell:

Can someone post a pic of the Kasinas next to the Mellows (concepts) please? This will tell me all I need to know. My mellows are sooo comfortable.

LOL 0 to 100.

At the end of the day, I think when people say TTS they mean get your normal air max 1 size.... at least that is how I interpret it.

As others said, it also depends on how you like your shoes to fit. The most consistent shoe deemed to be ranked "TTS" is Jordan 1s. I get my Jordan 1 size in all air max 1s. I like a snug fit.

This has gone off the rails a bit! love it! this airmax thread moves a lot faster than a lot of these topics. lol
It's been great because there's so much to discuss on the model lately. Seems like we were in a dark period before the Patta Waves hit, then a little bit afterwards, but from Concepts Pt. 1 on it's been a ****ing deluge of releases lol.

keep-coming.gif

LOL 0 to 100.

At the end of the day, I think when people say TTS they mean get your normal air max 1 size.... at least that is how I interpret it.

As others said, it also depends on how you like your shoes to fit. The most consistent shoe deemed to be ranked "TTS" is Jordan 1s. I get my Jordan 1 size in all air max 1s. I like a snug fit.
Snug.... meaning tight?! Lol. Cuz it ain't like they basketball kicks and hooping will allow them to get that give

It’s “all in your head” as far I’m concerned. You’re like the only person I’ve heard say Pattas and Concepts “run big” (lol) so I’m going to call false on that. Had I bought Denhams I would’ve gone TTS and I’m positive they would’ve been fine. If you personally like your shoes to fit tight or one of those people who insist on changing sizes from one release to the next, just say that. No need to go on giving out bad sizing advise based on your own unique quirks and experiences. Just because a shoes fits slightly roomy or slightly small doesn’t mean it automatically warrants sizing up or down. Definitely convinced you probably don’t know your true size if you’re always buying your shoes in different sizes for the same model.

pattas and concepts run bigger than usual to me as well. got 11 in mellows (my TTS), went 10.5 for everything else.

curry's fit smaller.

the solar red clot am1s fit quite large since there's no padding (same with the transparent pairs).

most AM1s I have in my true size, but there are definitely some that you could go up or down on. and this definitely applies to models across the board (except huaraches)

Snug.... meaning tight?! Lol. Cuz it ain't like they basketball kicks and hooping will allow them to get that give
Lol nah tight is when my toes are screaming. If there is pressure on my pinky toe then I don't even bother.

I bought those Wabi Sabis in a women's 12/M 10.5. I barely put my foot into the shoe and it was screaming. I couldn't imagine walking around for hours in those. Had to sell them.

I like the 1:1 fit. People say Patta and Concepts run big but I love the fit of those in my "TTS"

If anyone has a * dark * wash Concepts Heavy in a 10.5 they'd want to trade for the grey Kasina, let me know. I'm finding it an absolute ***** to find a pair I like and would be willing to do the trade for the right pair.

Some people just love wearing tight/snug shoes apparently. Only way I can justify the nonsense I’m reading about sizing today. So all of the sudden Pattas and Concepts “run big” to the point where one would need to size down? SMH lies. No way I’d ever go down in size on any of my AM1. Just an unnecessary thing to do. Dudes are so quick to size down because of a tiny minuscule bit of length in the toebox but seem to not realize that going down decreases the length AND width of the shoe. Why risk your feet edging over the midsole like a busted can of biscuits because some random dude on NT who doesn’t know their true size told you to size down? Choose wisely.

Has anyone seen or know if the paint over air bubble on the Travis Scott's can be removed without damage or too much effort?

The sizing in the same model of a shoe should not be that different to where you can’t wear it :lol:

I can see asking about AF1s compared to AM1s or something like that but good lord a half size difference shouldn’t make you unable to wear a shoe. Folks either don’t know their actual size or are very dramatic about a shoe not fitting

Last edited:
Some people just love wearing tight/snug shoes apparently. Only way I can justify the nonsense I’m reading about sizing today. So all of the sudden Pattas and Concepts “run big” to the point where one would need to size down? SMH lies. No way I’d ever go down in size on any of my AM1. Just an unnecessary thing to do. Dudes are so quick to size down because of a tiny minuscule bit of length in the toebox but seem to not realize that going down decreases the length AND width of the shoe. Why risk your feet edging over the midsole like a busted can of biscuits because some random dude on NT who doesn’t know their true size told you to size down? Choose wisely.
The sizing in the same model of a shoe should not be that different to where you can’t wear it :lol:

I can see asking about AF1s compared to AM1s or something like that but good lord a half size difference shouldn’t make you unable to wear a shoe
Are yall not reading that what folks have been saying.... comedy. Yes in these different AM1 drops sizing are different. What I'm flabbergasted at is if I'm experiencing and others how are the folks that stay consistent doing it lol.

It's been great because there's so much to discuss on the model lately. Seems like we were in a dark period before the Patta Waves hit, then a little bit afterwards, but from Concepts Pt. 1 on it's been a ****ing deluge of releases lol.

keep-coming.gif
I feel like the reason we got a lot of collabs and colorways lately is because Nike is trying to make the Air Max 1 the next big silhouette. The reason I say this is because on a recent episode of the Complex Sneaker Podcast, they had Jeff Staple on and he said that Nike was surprised that Adidas were basically out selling them due to the popularity of the NMDs. So Nike wanted to fire back and bring back the popularity of the Nike SB Dunk. They brought back a few collaborators; Jeff Staple, CNCPTS, just to name a few and Travis Scott was seen wearing a bunch of SBs. Making it work.

I feel like this is the same route Nike is trying to do with the Air Max 1. Release several collabs w/ some new and some old collaborators. Give Travis Scott an Air Max 1 as well. Release a few GRs. Test the waters and if everything looks good to them, release a bunch and get the Air Max 1 popular. To me, the pattern is there but I don't think Air Max 1s are going to be at the same level of hype as the dunks have been these passed 2 years. But at least with all of these releases, it gives us fans of the Air Max 1 something to be happy about.

Kasina’s talking shop is up on sknrs eu, i hope that they will pop on the coming soon calendar and not a shock drop.
Yea I just noticed the episode up here in nike Canada. Calendar only loaded out to the 27th.

Madder roots also loaded up for June 16th even tho they have been out and sitting at boutiques here. Hopefully they hit discount. I also have a 20% off code so wouldn't mind copping for the low.

Really hoping NBY comes our way this month as rumored

Yea I just noticed the episode up here in nike Canada. Calendar only loaded out to the 27th.

Madder roots also loaded up for June 16th even tho they have been out and sitting at boutiques here. Hopefully they hit discount. I also have a 20% off code so wouldn't mind copping for the low.

Really hoping NBY comes our way this month as rumored
Man they playin… i have like 4 or 5 nike by you messages for the last few days from nike app, all kind of shoes but no am1… and on the commentary below them you can see that a lot of us are pissed of for this lol

Back
Top Bottom