THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

You're not alone.

Screenshot_20220707-110636.jpg

Glad to know I’m not the only one with the “Mechanical failure” issue on shipping here. Have y’all’s updated yet? I’m 5 days now with a new mechanical failure issue each day.

As if waiting this long wasn’t pain enough hahaha. Hopefully since there’s that many of us it doesn’t mean we’re all going to be losing these pairs
The same thing is happening with my 5/23 pair smh, but I just got my 4/28 order in today.
20220707_182123.jpg
20220707_182223.jpg
20220707_182256.jpg

52199341186_b898189820_b.jpg

My NBY finally came in (thanks again SO MUCH snkrfollower snkrfollower for the heads-up!) This might be a long post/story, so I'll make it as short as possible. Also, please ignore my Chrome bookmarks haha.

My design isn't gonna be as quite different as most folks here, but I designed this colorway dedicated to my dog who passed away on Air Max Day this year (3/26/22). One of the hardest days of my life and I still have moments of grief here and there. His name was Turbo and he was 18 years and 4 months old (almost 18.5, basically). This guy and my oldest brother were the ones that helped me get rid of my fear of dogs because I had no choice but to be stuck with him since 2004 when I was SO afraid of dogs. Trust me; he may look adorable, but the dog was an ******* to people and even to some of us (including myself) at times, but it's just unconditional love that can't be forgotten. Them chihuahua-terriers,y'all... :lol:

Anyway, I'll explain the colorway. I don't think the colors itself match his coat 1:1, but it's really damn close.
  • The entire Light Curry upper (I think that's what I chose) represents his coat, with the suede parts and fuzzy Swoosh + laces made the perfect mix of his coat.
  • The white tongue represents the stripe on his face and his stomach/chest coat.
  • The black eyelets is for his eyes (and I guess the tongue patch is for the nose? Might be a stretch of a coincidence)
  • The safari mudguard replicates the gradual fade down his legs while the white midsole is for his paws.
  • The faint lilac Air unit is for the kwik (the pink part inside the nails where dogs will hate you forever if you clip their nails too deep into that).
  • Black outsole is just for the bottom of paws.
  • The fuzzy Light Curry laces is for his spinal coat which is a very rich orange-gold.
  • The Light Sport Royal laces are for the collar that we have for him and for the harness for his walks/outings.
As to whether I'll wear them, I'm not sure yet. I used to walk him every morning and since his passing, I always go on a walk on my own and I thought to myself that'd be one occasion when I'd wear the shoes. The other would also be on 3/26.

52199840255_d3a8b72a7b_b.jpg

52199341166_6a485005e2_b.jpg

52199341116_4c8ebfdae5_b.jpg

52199341091_841dd1ebc4_b.jpg

52199841535_983097fc56_b.jpg

Here's the "collar/harness" laces.
52199361853_82c6f2f216_b.jpg

52198386767_8b12083cf0_b.jpg

52199851120_436fa58647_b.jpg

52199654369_0b84f9c2dd_b.jpg

Damn, I miss him. RIP, Turbo.
I'm so glad those came out how you wanted them to, us3less us3less , and it was my pleasure to help with the heads-up. I just got back from a week-long vacation during which I kept worrying about how my 15.5 year old paralyzed cocker spaniel/poodle mix was doing at the boarding kennel, so I completely understand that love you have for Turbo. It's awesome that his memory will live on in such a meaningful and perfectly-executed design :nthat:

Last edited:
snkrfollower snkrfollower - thanks so much! Ooh man, see, that type of thing is kinda worrisome. Did you have anyone watching over the dog while you were on vacation?
Yeah, there's a kennel nearby who watched Wookie - the paralyzed pup - and our greyhound. Our vet used to board them, but due to staffing shortages they stopped doing it.

I'm tempted to follow your lead and make a tribute pair for the Wook while she's still with us - based on her coloring they'd probably end up looking close to Kid Robots.

Yeah, there's a kennel nearby who watched Wookie - the paralyzed pup - and our greyhound. Our vet used to board them, but due to staffing shortages they stopped doing it.

I'm tempted to follow your lead and make a tribute pair for the Wook while she's still with us - based on her coloring they'd probably end up looking close to Kid Robots.

Ah that's good still. Yeah, it's definitely a great idea to execute if you decide to do so!

I guess it’s time for me to pull the trigger on Kasinas, thought price would drop below $200 but it’s been steady

4/28 came in and I will spare everyone the pics of my Atmos step son. 2 things about them are bothering me.

1) The tongue is shorter than my other AM1s and looking back through everyone’s pics, seems like a lot of pairs look the same. It’s not much but it’s enough for an AM1 wearer to notice.

2) These things are snug. I wouldn’t say they run a half size too small because the length is good. They are snug on the top of my foot. Removing the insole fixes the snugness but I don’t like doing that. Maybe really thin insoles will work. Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?

4/28 came in and I will spare everyone the pics of my Atmos step son. 2 things about them are bothering me.

1) The tongue is shorter than my other AM1s and looking back through everyone’s pics, seems like a lot of pairs look the same. It’s not much but it’s enough for an AM1 wearer to notice.

2) These things are snug. I wouldn’t say they run a half size too small because the length is good. They are snug on the top of my foot. Removing the insole fixes the snugness but I don’t like doing that. Maybe really thin insoles will work. Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?
Yooooo with point 1. Def felt the tongue was short on mine.

On OU with searching for Kobe Mambacitas. And I change the location to widen my search to places I have folks at. We'll with my Miami search.... a pair of Atmos AP 2.0 was just listed, size 11 if anyone looking for that pair.

I wore one of my pairs for the first time and they def felt a bit snug. Length is there but noticed it was a bit more narrow.

Back
Top Bottom