THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Shoppin
IMG_5895.jpeg

Since when did 10.5 and above become the first sizes to sell out
That's where we are now. Not sure if the whole "Asian demand" was fact or cap but small sizes were definitely the "money" sizes and were always the first to go. If my size wasn't available I was grabbing a size 7.5 to 10.5 to flip or trade for my size. Now my size 11 is the hardest to get. Paid resell at $15 over retail a week before the drop and almost regretted but now I'm glad because I could not secure an 11 since release.

This whole release has been weird. I'm not a gatekeeper, wear what you like. But Jesus there's a few guys I've never seen itt that are straight up offended if someone doesn't slurp these as the best am1 release of all time. They aight, glad some people like them, but really weird how a few random people that don't even post itt like that straight stan for them.
I think this shoe worked better than we expected. These aren't really "hype". Resell is there but it isn't crazy. I think the marketing worked, the story is good, and people genuinely are feeling the shoe. These weren't on my list for this year at all. Didn't even plan to try. Shape looked weird. Knew the bubble used to be bigger but didn't know the shape was different too. Seeing these in NT and watching YT vids sold me and the Nike/Tinker clip. I went from pass to paying resell for a double up. Nike FINALLY did a good job of telling a proper story the right way for a retro release. No gimmicks. Although I would prefer the "reimagined"/"lost and found" treatment on these over the AJ3s. Rather that than golf version too.

I think this shoe worked better than we expected. These aren't really "hype". Resell is there but it isn't crazy. I think the marketing worked, the story is good, and people genuinely are feeling the shoe. These weren't on my list for this year at all. Didn't even plan to try. Shape looked weird. Knew the bubble used to be bigger but didn't know the shape was different too. Seeing these in NT and watching YT vids sold me and the Nike/Tinker clip. I went from pass to paying resell for a double up. Nike FINALLY did a good job of telling a proper story the right way for a retro release. No gimmicks. Although I would prefer the "reimagined"/"lost and found" treatment on these over the AJ3s. Rather that than golf version too.
Yea the shoe is fine. Shape looks weird in some spots, some like it and some don't. It's just funny that we have a couple goofy randoms in here that pop in with "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!" anytime someone says they don't like something about the shoe. Like they get personally offended if someone doesn't think it's the greatest am1 ever. It's been funny to watch them the last few weeks.

100% no.

Having this larger “bubble” is imo a missed opportunity to provide actual comfort.

If they ever do this to 95s i hope the bubble is an actual bubble and provides bounce like we got up to the 03 ish era.
The way I understand it from a tech specs perspective is that the bubble has a lot less to do with the comfort factor. Most of the confort come from the midsole composition. That is the "bounce" we feel and the air bubble, big or small, compliments that and is more about weight reduction and giving room for the midsole to expand/contract/compress/decompress. You put an air bubble in super dens rubber and regardless of how big the bubble is we won't feel it. Saw a vid of IG post that broke down how OG Reebok hexalite and those On Cloud shoes that normal people love are a better at utilizing "air" for comfort than Nike Air. If the midsole can't compress to take advantage of the "air" then any use of air is only good for weight reduction.

I'm not a product engineer though lol. Take it or leave it 😂

Yea the shoe is fine. Shape looks weird in some spots, some like it and some don't. It's just funny that we have a couple goofy randoms in here that pop in with "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!" anytime someone says they don't like something about the shoe. Like they get personally offended if someone doesn't think it's the greatest am1 ever. It's been funny to watch them the last few weeks.
You should just unDS all of your pairs, otherwise your weird, right?

:lol:

They are Air Max SCs, not 1s.

Might be these

NI1757BM51345_2_l.jpg
Until recently every pic I glanced at of the BBs I thought were these, no cap. Wasn't until the Tinker vid got me interested did I begin paying close enough attention to actually read what was going on. I expected the Big Bubble to have the 87/88 shape

OK so while I’ve been doing this hard for 33 yrs now, I’ve never been a huge AM1 guy. I’ve had pairs over the years but never cared enough to pay super close attention to the evolution of all the details as I do with many other models. So are these BBs accurate in shape to the true OG, or not? What’s the reality here in this debate about these vs the previous anniversary pair from a few years ago? Which toe/shape is actually correct? @AIRMAXDISCIPLE? Anyone?
Both 😂. The initial release in 86 looked like the 86 big bubbles we just got. Everything we are used to looks like the redesigned AM1s from 87/88 onward which are also still considered OGs obviously. So the last retro is technically just as OG as this one. But this release is the actual retro of the very first run of 400k pairs. Not quite Air Jordan 1 Banned vs Air Ship that was actually banned. Closer to Steel Air Jordan 10 toe cap vs no toe cap if that makes sense 🤷🏿‍♂️

Struggling with the same thing over here
I was in the same boat until the Tinker clip. Now that I know why they look different they don't look bootleg to me. The bulbous toe box and smooth midsole and overall shape aren't nearly as jarring. To me it's like being able to get actual 85 Jordan 1s. Even though I'm off the AJ1 train I wouldn't hesitate to get that piece of wearable history if I found a pair at the right price. Could never get an OG 86 or 87 Air Max 1 so this works, for me. Got me on ebay hunting for late 80s sweats and track fits to carry the aesthetic 😁.

Back
Top Bottom