THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Of course , they finally reveal a White/Grey soles colorway when I purchased that Jelly cw I was inquiring about. :stoneface: :emoji_sweat_smile:

C8AD6BE2-B108-4FFF-8573-130C5413E386.jpeg

91A29E73-5097-436A-ABDE-5C7049F4A821.jpeg

Anyone with the big bubbles also have a pair of Adidas boosts? How do they compare?

Find myself wearing by boosts alot for the comfort.
Anyone with the big bubbles also have a pair of Adidas boosts? How do they compare?

Find myself wearing by boosts alot for the comfort.
Don't own boosts but have had many generations of free flyknits which have ridiculously soft midsoles, the most comfortable shoes I've ever used. The BBs have one of the hardest midsoles I've ever worn on a sneaker, I find them even worse than my 2020 AM95 neons. And it's not only the air unit part, but also the frontfoot, zero cushioning. It baffles me that some people here think they are comfortable and I wonder if the BBs have been produced at more than one factory where they use different materials.

in terms of underfoot cushioning, a lot of reviews are just based on small steps or steps in the house or something really minimal that it's just a try-on. Give it a walk around the block or at least a quarter mile and they'll feel just the same as the regular AM1s except just higher in the heel.
The weather was nice so I took them for a 5k walk this saturday. The upper has softened a bit and is now ok. The midsole however is still as stiff as on a pair of dr martens.

I feel like Nike is going to F me on this pair and cancel it. I’m having the same issue. Says delivery date is on the 6 (this week) and it hasn’t moved from their warehouse. Also, the funds were removed from my bank account. I should’ve purchase a pair from my local boutique last Monday.
I just called and the representative said give into April 6 , your date I said but weirdly they haven’t even shipped and take a few days to even arrive he was really no help , by the way a pending charge goes away after five days and when they ship they charge the card that was used just fyi

Golfs came in today, I will preface quasi review with I own very few pairs of AM1s. The upper is a bit stiff. They’re not total bricks.

The downside of these is that the outside of both shoes feels like there are bubbles underneath the insole. It’s hard to describe, but it feels like the opposite of arch support… instead of having arch support on the medial side of the shoe, it’s on the outer side of the foot… like maybe they had added arch support and they are on the wrong feet. It’s so uncomfortable that these have got to go back. Not sure if it’s a golf thing or an am1 thing. My other pair of standard AM1 does not feel like this at all.
Golfs came in today, I will preface quasi review with I own very few pairs of AM1s. The upper is a bit stiff. They’re not total bricks.

The downside of these is that the outside of both shoes feels like there are bubbles underneath the insole. It’s hard to describe, but it feels like the opposite of arch support… instead of having arch support on the medial side of the shoe, it’s on the outer side of the foot… like maybe they had added arch support and they are on the wrong feet. It’s so uncomfortable that these have got to go back. Not sure if it’s a golf thing or an am1 thing. My other pair of standard AM1 does not feel like this at all.

2740E12E-503B-404A-B865-05E849251B48.jpeg

7F5F1B32-DB1A-4217-9A74-228051FE5503.jpeg
That’s strange, too bad. My pair haven’t arrived yet. Do you also have the regular BBs? Can’t seem to get an answer if the midsole materials are the same on them? Comfort or lack of the same?

Last edited:
As much as i like the big bubbles the story only sticks with me on the OG colorway. Seeing the big bubble on other colorways kind of loses the thread for me.

I love that it was tinkers first concept and it was put out and then pulled and it was the original idea of tinkers design. But it was only done on the red pair correct? Nike made the change mid production and ever since we have had what we basically think of now as an AM1. Running with that story on different colorways doesn't fit for me.
This is nikes new multiverse strategy. If the timeline was altered and big bubbles didn’t fail in colder weather…what would have happened with other colorways. Get ready for 2028 big bubble AJ3s based off a sketch from tinker that has been locked away in vault since 5 mins ago, I mean 35 years ago

That’s strange, too bad. My pair haven’t arrived yet. Do you also have the regular BBs? Can’t seem to get an answer if the midsole materials are the same on them? Comfort or lack of the same?

I wasn’t able to hit on the big bubbles so I can’t compare. However, I’m thinking they’re pretty similar (just by reading what people have posted on here)

Yall wasn't lying tho , the laces they used are way too thin on da BB's. Have to go in da lace stash and see if I can make something work cuz these laces ain't it

Seems like these are the new normal. Most of these recent releases have the thinner laces. Heard the talk in here about the converse laces being thinner now too. Looks like I need to buy laces for every pair now smh

As much as i like the big bubbles the story only sticks with me on the OG colorway. Seeing the big bubble on other colorways kind of loses the thread for me.

I love that it was tinkers first concept and it was put out and then pulled and it was the original idea of tinkers design. But it was only done on the red pair correct? Nike made the change mid production and ever since we have had what we basically think of now as an AM1. Running with that story on different colorways doesn't fit for me.

Red AND Blue.

tumblr_nmeyisozvk1qigdxno1_1280-jpg.3094251

e9294bc9-0d49-4cbe-b2ab-9ac74084eabe-jpeg.3102884

Back
Top Bottom