THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Attachments

• 99E1A5C9-FFE7-43D4-979E-0B54133E01E0.jpeg
    99E1A5C9-FFE7-43D4-979E-0B54133E01E0.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 234
Daym. GRs are $170 now?!

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of returned NBY Unlocked for around retail. I don't like the sole color the original consumer selected, so I'll be sending them out with the current batch of AM1 projects.

Speaking of NBY Unlocked. Does anyone have a spare set of the flat Marina Blue (?) laces from those options that they'd like to sell?
rwt.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone ever bleach a specific part of a sneaker before?

I just want to bleach the Black mudguard of the Have a Nike Day AM1s. I don't want to submerge the whole shoe. Is that even possible?

1.jpg
Not an expert, but what if you used an eye dropper and QTips/Cotton balls?

You can try a bleach pen or make a mix of bleach and water and paint it on. Just don’t put to much or else it’ll spread to areas you don’t want it too

KVN
And obviously painter's tape the areas you don't want bleached and stuff a towel into the shoe to absorb anything that might make it through. You probably already know this but, Just in case or for a future NTer that might read this and miss this step. Also, do you guys dry in doors or in the sun when bleaching. I've heard pros/cons for both methods

And obviously painter's tape the areas you don't want bleached and stuff a towel into the shoe to absorb anything that might make it through. You probably already know this but, Just in case or for a future NTer that might read this and miss this step. Also, do you guys dry in doors or in the sun when bleaching. I've heard pros/cons for both methods
I try to do outdoors when possible because of the fumes.

Are you going for a complete/even WHITE or something inconsistent? Bleach would not be your best bet for white white. Several coats of acrylic paint mixed evenly with a fabric medium would accomplish that.

I want something consistent but not white White. I'm shooting for a sail tone.

Anyone ever bleach a specific part of a sneaker before?

I just want to bleach the Black mudguard of the Have a Nike Day AM1s. I don't want to submerge the whole shoe. Is that even possible?

1.jpg
my guess/experience is you would get a rusty light red/orange before it turns the suede to a dry gross mess
I also think it’s fun to play around and learn from doing . Post pics of your results 🤙🏾

Its basically impossible to turn any black fabric into white or anything close to white, especially suede, unless you paint it. Do not bleach those shoes, it will not be white and you will ruin the fabric trying. Those nike days have a nice supple suede and I think painting it will not look good either. If it were the cheap felt type suede like most AM1s I'd say go for it. A good customizer can replace the mudguard with a different fabric of your choosing.

Also, I think its time to admit you have a problem. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom