THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

With Nike's return policy, for me it's like why not? As someone earlier in the thread mentioned, Nike can be unpredictable and it would not in the least surprise me if some color options or materials were removed without notice just like they recently did with the dunk low NBY.
Yup. Ordered 2 sizes each of 3 designs and going to enjoy that return policy on half the pairs, plus maybe more if the materials/finished product flops. If they can’t guarantee sizing TTS, provide accurate renderings or fabric sample photos even, just means I have an errand to return them.

But I’d rather have that errand and hope I end up with 1 pair I love and that’s unique for me than not take the risk I guess.

Couldn't pass on these! Thanks, NT!
Screenshot_20230815-215246.png

Screenshot_20230815-215304.png

With Nike's return policy, for me it's like why not? As someone earlier in the thread mentioned, Nike can be unpredictable and it would not in the least surprise me if some color options or materials were removed without notice just like they recently did with the dunk low NBY.
I'm perfectly ok with missing out if options are removed.

Not knocking anyone that decides to pull the trigger as stated in my original post.

For me, there's always a cost associated with every transaction. Be it a small cost to the consumer, but there's still a cost, both in money and most importantly, time.

In addition, 200+ is STEEP for an air Max 1.

I've paid over 200 bucks for an am1 more than I'd like to admit. I look at it as semi-bespoke to justify the cost in my head.
I agree. I can get behind paying this price for semi-bespoke. I can’t seem to take the plunge this time around since the croc material is not all that special to me and every time I build a model, I’m reminded of the suede from the last NBY release, which was the ashiest suede I’ve ever seen on a shoe.

I agree. I can get behind paying this price for semi-bespoke. I can’t seem to take the plunge this time around since the croc material is not all that special to me and every time I build a model, I’m reminded of the suede from the last NBY release, which was the ashiest suede I’ve ever seen on a shoe.
If it's the same 'suede' that I'm thinking of from the 2020 NBY AM1s...Oof. That was straight up FELT lol

I'm perfectly ok with missing out if options are removed.

Not knocking anyone that decides to pull the trigger as stated in my original post.

For me, there's always a cost associated with every transaction. Be it a small cost to the consumer, but there's still a cost, both in money and most importantly, time.

In addition, 200+ is STEEP for an air Max 1.
Yea I'm there with you. I know they have a great return policy but I feel like ordering 3 pairs in multiple sizes knowing you'll return at least half of them is just abusing the system. Other companies don't have great return policies for exactly this reason. No shade to those that do it, I just can't bring myself to waste time time, money, and resources like that.

I feel the intent of the return policy is to eliminate the hesitation for the purchase, and probably why the cost keeps going up for programs like the nike by you. One of the pairs I ordered had the wrong color tongue, so I ordered the pair again but with a different tongue. One of them will be returned, but I dont feel like it's an abuse of the system, but moreso taking advantage of the policy put in place to protect me as a consumer. With the additional markup of current am1s, I feel they've made that money already, and they're gonna flip them with no box top regardless.

Khaki shorts and rugby shirts…
Those all white are so clean.
The all White with touches of Black were the ID's I ended up pulling the trigger on.
Just got to thinking about what I wear, and if its not white based it gets shelved.
With alredy getting the Volts this Season, I just can't do another non white colorway.
I ordered x2 of them as well.

I feel the intent of the return policy is to eliminate the hesitation for the purchase, and probably why the cost keeps going up for programs like the nike by you. One of the pairs I ordered had the wrong color tongue, so I ordered the pair again but with a different tongue. One of them will be returned, but I dont feel like it's an abuse of the system, but moreso taking advantage of the policy put in place to protect me as a consumer. With the additional markup of current am1s, I feel they've made that money already, and they're gonna flip them with no box top regardless.
I'm not judging and no shade, just giving my thoughts on it. I think the policy is there for mistakes. "Oh, I ordered the wrong size, glad I can take it back." or "Ehh this isn't the color I was expected, I'll send it back." or "Oh man I bought this blanket 6 months ago and never used it, I'll take it back." I don't think the intent is "Ehh **** it I'm ordering 10 pairs of custom shoes bc I like to play on the builder and I'll figure out which one I like and send the other 9 back bc that's what the policy says I can do. I may send all of them back, **** em."

I will say I laughed at "I dont feel like it's an abuse of the system, but moreso taking advantage of the policy" Taking advantage of the policy is the definition of abusing the policy imo.

Sure, you can abuse the system. They allow it. But people like me pay for it. I'd be totally fine with Nike putting a cap on returns in a rolling 3/6/12 month cycle if it meant they'd lower prices by 19%. I know they wouldn't, they'd just build it into profit though, so that's why I don't get bent about it. Would be cool if they gave a standing 10% coupon to be used at all times for customers that have limited returns.

I'm not judging and no shade, just giving my thoughts on it. I think the policy is there for mistakes. "Oh, I ordered the wrong size, glad I can take it back." or "Ehh this isn't the color I was expected, I'll send it back." or "Oh man I bought this blanket 6 months ago and never used it, I'll take it back." I don't think the intent is "Ehh **** it I'm ordering 10 pairs of custom shoes bc I like to play on the builder and I'll figure out which one I like and send the other 9 back bc that's what the policy says I can do. I may send all of them back, **** em."

I will say I laughed at "I dont feel like it's an abuse of the system, but moreso taking advantage of the policy" Taking advantage of the policy is the definition of abusing the policy imo.

Sure, you can abuse the system. They allow it. But people like me pay for it. I'd be totally fine with Nike putting a cap on returns in a rolling 3/6/12 month cycle if it meant they'd lower prices by 19%. I know they wouldn't, they'd just build it into profit though, so that's why I don't get bent about it. Would be cool if they gave a standing 10% coupon to be used at all times for customers that have limited returns.
No shade taken, and I get the point of extremes, but in my situation it was more of an error on my part with having so many loaded I wasn't sure I added the wrong one to my bag. Hard to tell from the thumbnails on my phone. I wasn't phrasing the taking advantage part as an extreme, but more of a using. Im gonna use their policy to fix my error, lol.

Back
Top Bottom