THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Mine came in quick af… designed them to wear with my Tennessee Vols gear… actually matched pretty damn well to the team colors. These laces though… gonna come undone over and over I can already tell.

Attachments

• BD0B9B86-D0EF-4119-9324-1E910C179023.jpeg
    BD0B9B86-D0EF-4119-9324-1E910C179023.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 640
Story time...

Back in 2017, my wife and I decided to wait until birth to find out if we had a boy or girl. As most know, we had a girl. I wore Pink Pack for almost a month straight. I didn't have many am1 with pink in them and I was in girl dad mode. Looked around for silt red/artic pink (why does it have 2 names?) but I swear they dried up the day she was born after sitting for 6 months on sale. Looked everywhere, couldn't find a pair. I don't know if StockX was much of a thing at that point so I was kind of screwed. I vented one morning in a chat with singledout singledout , JPS JPS , and a few others. A couple days later I got a box from 2,000+ miles away. I opened it and it was a this pair, a ds pair with a short note from SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK . He even threw in a few more random ds pairs. So now every time I wear these, I think of my daughter, and then I think of him bc of the gesture.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this, but at the time he was buying pairs from different factories around the world just to cut them up and inspect the build quality from that factory. Like factory X had a better shape bc they used 2mm more material in this section of the shoe than factory Y was using. Complete sicko/genius stuff lol. He pulled these from his project to ship to me. They were saved from being slaughtered. I don't think there's a person on the planet that knows more about am1 than that guy, not even Nike employees. And he does all lowkey. Hope he doesn't mind the light shine on him for a moment. He's a great guy that I've learned so much from over the years.

So yea, that's my Silt Red story.

ps SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK please double check that the one pair we discussed is in your will earmarked for me. Thanks.

20230922_103756.jpg

Story time...

Back in 2017, my wife and I decided to wait until birth to find out if we had a boy or girl. As most know, we had a girl. I wore Pink Pack for almost a month straight. I didn't have many am1 with pink in them and I was in girl dad mode. Looked around for silt red/artic pink (why does it have 2 names?) but I swear they dried up the day she was born after sitting for 6 months on sale. Looked everywhere, couldn't find a pair. I don't know if StockX was much of a thing at that point so I was kind of screwed. I vented one morning in a chat with singledout singledout , JPS JPS , and a few others. A couple days later I got a box from 2,000+ miles away. I opened it and it was a this pair, a ds pair with a short note from SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK . He even threw in a few more random ds pairs. So now every time I wear these, I think of my daughter, and then I think of him bc of the gesture.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this, but at the time he was buying pairs from different factories around the world just to cut them up and inspect the build quality from that factory. Like factory X had a better shape bc they used 2mm more material in this section of the shoe than factory Y was using. Complete sicko/genius stuff lol. He pulled these from his project to ship to me. They were saved from being slaughtered. I don't think there's a person on the planet that knows more about am1 than that guy, not even Nike employees. And he does all lowkey. Hope he doesn't mind the light shine on him for a moment. He's a great guy that I've learned so much from over the years.

So yea, that's my Silt Red story.

ps SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK please double check that the one pair we discussed is in your will earmarked for me. Thanks.

20230922_103756.jpg
I should've bought these the other day when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom