THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

i've had a tab on chrome that ive refreshed for the past 2 months waiting for updates on the release of the denim auras. how's the quality fam?

idk if they're dropping stateside so it looks like it's resale pricing for me.
They’re mostly canvas/denim, so in that regard, they’re pretty decent. (not stiff)
The leather patch on the tongue is nice, as well as the suede they used swoosh. (They come w/both of the lace options in the pic)

Re: Release - Yeah, since there hadn’t been much word on these coming stateside (and by extension, any current news on the tan lines) I grabbed a pair once sizes went up. To make matters worse, they capped it at (non-extended) Wmns sizes, which means the probability of bigger sizes lasting was lower.

img_4468-jpeg.3193358
IMG_4468.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg
IMG_4471.jpeg
IMG_4469.jpeg
I like these! Where can I get them?

Thread slow today so...
Grabbed the topography pair for like 65 bucks shipped a while ago from creme. Og color blocking volt pair from Nordstrom for like 112.
Volt is my favorite color on sneakers, so... Yep

Topography pair is underrated, imo.

Not great, but not nearly as terrible as it seems.
20231113_140157.jpg
On the og colorblocked pair, is the upper light grey or light beige? It was hard to tell in pictures. Is the same grey as og reds or more of a beige?

00A9105C-A47D-4065-9BC2-3D034A592E56.jpeg
8D0CFE58-F37B-44C7-BFC5-8BA6E183B806.jpeg

Saw these the other day. Underwhelming.
Agree. It was just an inline gr so nothing crazy on materials. Basic felt, different heel design. I have them but I'll never wear them after the controversy surrounding them. I'd never want someone to get the wrong idea and that flag has been adopted by some folks I don't really want to be lumped in with so they'll sit on a shelf,

On the og colorblocked pair, is the upper light grey or light beige? It was hard to tell in pictures. Is the same grey as og reds or more of a beige?
the official colors of that pair are white/volt/sea glass/black.

assuming that the upper is sea glass, to describe it is to say it's like a lighter "light iron ore"

def a difference in color from white and not nearly as dark as the grey used on OG pairs

almost like they put a small drop of volt in "sea glass" to make it flow better imo.

Last edited:
Late to the pizza party!

Raphael
Air Max 1 NBY - TMNT Raphael.png

Colorway Breakdown:
Upper / Heel: Nubuck - Gym Red
Toe: Mesh - Olive
Mudguard: Nubuck - Olive
Tongue: Nubuck - Gym Red (Eye Mask)
Collar: Nubuck - Olive
Swoosh: Jewel - White (Eyes)
Accents: Nubuck - Olive
Eyelets: Olive
Laces: Red (from personal stash)
Lining: Mesh - Black
Midsole: White
Air Bag: White (Teeth)
Outsole Accent: Gym Red
Outsole: Gym Red
Tongue Label: Leather - Gym Red
Logo: Gym Red

Bros
Air Max 1 NBY - TMNT Set.png

Last edited:
Almost every time I've gotten an ID or a new colorway, I've returned or sold or whatever because at the end of the day these are the am1 I wanna wear the most. I've since kept kasina and crepe, but deeeeeeeez are always the ones
1699972020035.jpeg
tell me about it. I was amazed at the IDs and the craftsmanship, but a few weeks went by and never thought to put them on. Returned them to my nearest outlet

Back
Top Bottom