The Official Air Max Sweep Thru (Amar'e Stoudemire) Thread

I like them in general, however, my brother picked up the blue pair and the leather is like cardboard. Other than that, love the Knicks cw.

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

I like them in general, however, my brother picked up the blue pair and the leather is like cardboard. Other than that, love the Knicks cw.

I know.  I was very dissapointed with the blue pair, but the blk pair and the wht home pair are a go.

Is the leather on the blue pair cheap or it'll just take some time to break them in?
Picked up the apparently last size 15 off NBA.com thanks to the heads up from Vinsanity, looking forward to checking these out!

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

yikes!
mad.gif

surprised it took this long for amare to get another sig shoe even though its not named after him..  loved seeing all the cool kicks he rocked when he was here in phoenix and thought it would only get better when he went to new york.. sad to hear the quality isn't superb on these, but i like the style and will try a pair out.. 

Not sure if they still do but sneaker bistro had the pe pair. Here's the number 631-730-7132.

Well, the QS blue colorway has landed at smaller retail chains.

And I want to thank Vinsanity for putting me on to that spot up North.

What's your opinion on them, Jay?
Has anyone balled in theirs yet?

Originally Posted by ehh

What's your opinion on them, Jay?
Has anyone balled in theirs yet?

I think they're pretty dope overall.  I wasn't expecting nothing mind blowin due to the price tag etc, but I'm happy with them.  I'm going to hoop and lift weihts in them tomorrow.

And nah Vinsanity, I didn't.  They sold out my size, but I copped the grey/orange cw, and tomorrow I'm going to back to this spot and see what's good with the blue/orange.

the nike town nyc have the nyc color and the black/blue one in store right now

Given his size, i'd expect him to go through phylon forefoot cushioning pretty quick.....or Duralon, or Hyperlon, or whatever other name Nike have come up with
to distract us from their money grubbing.

Either he's changing shoes every other game, or what Nike are selling isn't actually what he's wearing.

Pity his sig series didn't take off. The STAT one is a great shoe.

We'll have to see, last year Amare beat the hell of the Huaraches.  He didn't wear a new pair very often.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Given his size, i'd expect him to go through phylon forefoot cushioning pretty quick.....or Duralon, or Hyperlon, or whatever other name Nike have come up with
to distract us from their money grubbing.

Either he's changing shoes every other game, or what Nike are selling isn't actually what he's wearing.

Pity his sig series didn't take off. The STAT one is a great shoe.

I agree.  They had some of the Barkley shoes DNA, and plus they were somethin' you could wear off court.  I don't fault Amare, I fault Nike for not doin' commercial, ads to advertise his kicks.

The black pair with the Orange and Blue AJ8 Type pattern on the strap is fire, where can I get them?

These are cool but they really should have given him his own line of Huarache PE's

The name wrote itself, 'Amarache', lol

^^Z those definitely look "ok" in person..will cop the Amare's when they go on sale..or hit the outlets for dirt cheap..however..this shoe doesn't scream "Amare Stoudemire"

I hope we get an Amarache release (the Huarache PE Amare Pack) or we get a 'S.T.A.T. IV' out of this

His STAT line was dope

Back
Top Bottom