The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Japan there are book stores everywhere. And theyre like comics back home.
And in America they sell the whole volumes in the US and people actually buy. Every country sells manga with their language.

Watching Fate/ stay night UBW.

Geez it so damn awesome.
I was looking more into and there are more anime’s. Can someone give me the run down on where to go from here?

Thanks.

Watching Fate/ stay night UBW.

Geez it so damn awesome.
I was looking more into and there are more anime’s. Can someone give me the run down on where to go from here?

Thanks.
Have you seen Fate/Zero? That is the prequel to F/SN. As for what to do after, that's up to you. You can watch the original FSN ,which isn't as good as UBW mind you but still worth a peek. You can watch the Heaven's Feel movie. You can go on to Fate/Apocrypha which just wrapped up last season and was pretty solid.

Just finished Basilisk, I liked it until the end. The fight scenes and story were great but the ending was really predictable.

What else could you guys recommend? I started hunter x hunter but I just can't seem to get through the first couple of episodes. Does it get better?

Ohhhh yes it does! Keep watching
Just finished Basilisk, I liked it until the end. The fight scenes and story were great but the ending was really predictable.

What else could you guys recommend? I started hunter x hunter but I just can't seem to get through the first couple of episodes. Does it get better?

As a newbie to manga, I'm just wondering. How do they make money? It's so easy to read manga for free
Different culture. In Japan it’s still common to stop by a news stand or book store and pick up the weekly jump and read it on your commute to school or work. Then you have people who’ll wait until a volume is out and pick it up to read at once. Previously in the US people were trained to pick up the newest issue of DC or marvel books or read the latest comic in the newspaper etc, but we’ve just moved passed it. They tried doing WSJ in the US and it didn’t do that great. So just like anime streaming, enforcing stuff like that worldwide isn’t the top priority for them. Usually it’s companies like crunchyroll that license the anime or manga going after sites

Also weekly jump books are printed on very cheap paper. So they aren’t very expensive to produce. They sell 3 million of them a week so they are making good money then there’s volumes which also sell. And for the most part, it’s not like manga creators are getting paid tons of money unless they are super duper popular like oda

And for the consumer, weekly jump only cost like $2.50. So your paying what, $10 a month for manga. I get more value out of that than the same money for Netflix or Hulu that I pay and might watch something interesting. Or you get a volume for $10 which usually will have 9-10 chapters.

Last edited:
Can confirm. I have a few jumps from Japan. And the last naruto book from Japan no translation

Got up to chapter 95 of My Hero Academia

That ish is lit af

Dear lord can't wait to see all that unfold in the anime

what chapter are we at then regarding the anime? Also anyone know when MHA comes back?
The anime is up to what would be the equivalent to roughly chapter 70 of the manga

Next season of MHA comes back in April 2018.

I think chapter 70 to chapter 95 of the manga will be season 4 of the anime

I'm probably reading up to chapter 125 of the manga and chillin because I don't want to get that far ahead of the anime

The manga is taking its sweet time with Deku's progression and its killing me. I want him to be handing ppl L's left and right already. :rofl:

When I get the chance I will buy all the volumes available in America

Last edited:
What is the deal with the neon genesis rebuild films?

That's my favorite anime ever but I don't wanna watch a poor remake

Ive heard bad things.

Is it worth the watch

Back
Top Bottom