The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

A lot of popular shows have been getting Simuldubs recently, where they dub the latest episodes. The dubs are usually a week or two behind the actual show, but its all thanks to anime becoming mainstream and the efforts of companies like Crunchyroll and Funimation who push for and pay for the dubs to happen.
spoken like a commercial for crunchy and funimation lol. but thanks. I've never even heard of a simuldub. Thats a crazy fast turnaround man.....

Brotherhood is the true to manga adaptation and the second version they released.

The first one’s story doesnt follow the manga and diverges into its own thing.

Brotherhood is the true to manga adaptation and the second version they released.

The first one’s story doesnt follow the manga and diverges into its own thing.
When I figured this out (since the first version was completed first and I only watched the anime and never read the manga) I thought it was a great idea more popular anime should do when they catch up to the manga and don't want to wait.

The differences with who is Wrath, their father's role, and just the overall vastly different endings was cool.

Thing with repeating this is trusting the animators. Don't want to end up with a Dragonball GT situation.

Wish they did this with Naruto and Bleach.

This week's chapter of One Piece is nuts. :wow:
So much happened in one chapter. Holy Crap.
It looks like Zoro's gonna get Enma, The retainers are all together and are planning the big raid, Luffy is finalizing his training, Law and Hawkins (& a 3rd party) are up to something, Linlin and Kaido are forming the axis of Evil, and the Numbers are here, whoever they are. :lol:
I'm very curious about Law and Hawkins. It seems like they are planning something together.

And of course there's a break next week after all this excitement. :lol:

[
This week's chapter of One Piece is nuts. :wow:
So much happened in one chapter. Holy Crap.
It looks like Zoro's gonna get Enma, The retainers are all together and are planning the big raid, Luffy is finalizing his training, Law and Hawkins (& a 3rd party) are up to something, Linlin and Kaido are forming the axis of Evil, and the Numbers are here, whoever they are. :lol:
I'm very curious about Law and Hawkins. It seems like they are planning something together.

And of course there's a break next week after all this excitement. :lol:
JFKDJFLAJEJFWACJDJFEWJFPJAFPEWJFCAPDJFPEWAJFPEWAJFWAKJF
IT'S OVER! THEY CANNOT WIN ANYMORE. IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS, THE STRAWHATS AND WHATEVER ALLIANCE CAN NO LONGER WIN. I HAD HEART PALPITATIONS READING THAT DAMN CHAPTER.
Real talk, we're gonna need Blackbeard to show up at this point just to take advantage of the chaos in order for Luffy and camp to survive this. The other option could be Jinbei bringing someone along (I'd imagine Revolutionary Army is too involved with Reverie to try and liberate Wano right now). TWO YONKOU AT THEIR PEAK TEAMING UP - THIS IS MORE MILITARY FORCE THAN MARINEFORD.

To your comment on the Law and Hawkins team up, I'm pretty sure Drake is the third party or at least somehow involved, given his behavior in previous chapters.

Real talk Oda is a god-tier writer because I'm sure he's going to do something amazing with this arc to wrap things up. Luffy is definitely going to come out of this super battered but will likely end up being solidly in Yonkou Commander / 1st mate territory in terms of power. Katakuri-level foresight + highest level of Armament Haki. The next power up after this (or hell, maybe even during this arc) will be his Paramecia Awakening. We're really getting near the end of OP - at least in terms of Luffy's growth.

Demon Slayer's story seemed a bit generic to me at first but I've caught up to all the episodes now and it just keeps getting better.
I was iffy about Zenitsu and Inosuke for a few episodes but they've redeemed themselves, at least for now. I really like Tanjiro because he has the typical strong empathy and kindness but unlike many other protagonists, he's anything but naive and has a very mature worldview.

The humanizing of the demons is a really good addition, especially the way the show handled Rui. I didn't really expect episode 21 to start that way.

Episode 19 has been the holy grail so far. It was a battle that felt more like watching a beautiful painting unfold. The demons' ability system also allows for lots of variety. The animation studio was straight up flexing their dynamic camera angles in the battle with Kyogai :lol:

[

IT'S OVER! THEY CANNOT WIN ANYMORE. IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS, THE STRAWHATS AND WHATEVER ALLIANCE CAN NO LONGER WIN. I HAD HEART PALPITATIONS READING THAT DAMN CHAPTER.
Real talk, we're gonna need Blackbeard to show up at this point just to take advantage of the chaos in order for Luffy and camp to survive this. The other option could be Jinbei bringing someone along (I'd imagine Revolutionary Army is too involved with Reverie to try and liberate Wano right now). TWO YONKOU AT THEIR PEAK TEAMING UP - THIS IS MORE MILITARY FORCE THAN MARINEFORD.

To your comment on the Law and Hawkins team up, I'm pretty sure Drake is the third party or at least somehow involved, given his behavior in previous chapters.

Real talk Oda is a god-tier writer because I'm sure he's going to do something amazing with this arc to wrap things up. Luffy is definitely going to come out of this super battered but will likely end up being solidly in Yonkou Commander / 1st mate territory in terms of power. Katakuri-level foresight + highest level of Armament Haki. The next power up after this (or hell, maybe even during this arc) will be his Paramecia Awakening. We're really getting near the end of OP - at least in terms of Luffy's growth.
Wano is gonna eclipse Marineford at this rate and I am all for it. I can see it now, Luffy vs BM and Zoro vs Kaido, with the retainers goin against Orochi and the rest of the beast pirates. It's gonna be crazy.

Demon Slayer's story seemed a bit generic to me at first but I've caught up to all the episodes now and it just keeps getting better.
I was iffy about Zenitsu and Inosuke for a few episodes but they've redeemed themselves, at least for now. I really like Tanjiro because he has the typical strong empathy and kindness but unlike many other protagonists, he's anything but naive and has a very mature worldview.

The humanizing of the demons is a really good addition, especially the way the show handled Rui. I didn't really expect episode 21 to start that way.

Episode 19 has been the holy grail so far. It was a battle that felt more like watching a beautiful painting unfold. The demons' ability system also allows for lots of variety. The animation studio was straight up flexing their dynamic camera angles in the battle with Kyogai :lol:
Episode 19 is a great example of how to write a fight scene with good suspense and action as well as how to animate it.

I prefer the Homunculi being the products of human transmutation than just minions of the big bad guy. Everything else i could live with.

One piece

finally a decent one piece chapter lol. this is pretty interesting stuff... but my only question is why is luffy the only one training(not to mention how corny that whole plot point was but whatever)...the rest of the crew is looking so bummy to me. ok you gave zoro a sword...so what? hes not gonna try to improve himself?? the dude who trains every day :lol: makes no sense.

Like what is Oda excuse for this? its like he doesn't want to put the straw hats in any uncomfortable situations that force them to become greater...literally the only one challenged is luffy. VERY annoying and NOT consistent with the rest of the story. Maybe they will train after this meeting.

Im not gonna lie I am very hyped about the numbers. They legit look scary. :pimp:

last negative thing im going to bring up, this man oda has literally off screened the BEST parts of the arc...that is wack. law vs Hawkins you off screen that?? REALLY LMAO

The anime is going to blow the manga out of the water. Hands down because they will expound upon the things oda just off screened. Hopefully

Episode 19 is a great example of how to write a fight scene with good suspense and action as well as how to animate it.
Didn't see that twist in the next episode coming either, man chopped his own head off to trick Tanjiro. :lol::smokin
The way they animated Shinobu was really dope too. Her movements were made to look kind of like a butterfly with the patterns on her haori.

Wano is gonna eclipse Marineford at this rate and I am all for it. I can see it now, Luffy vs BM and Zoro vs Kaido, with the retainers goin against Orochi and the rest of the beast pirates. It's gonna be crazy.

Pretty sure Zoro would get washed if that happens. I don't even think Luffy can beat Big Mom even with this training - the most he can probably do is actually injure her before she washes him. Let's not forget that he didn't actually beat Katakuri in a pure, bloodlusted fight - there's still a long way before he can 1v1 a Yonkou. They're gonna have to fight each of them in multiple person squads to have a chance.

One piece

finally a decent one piece chapter lol. this is pretty interesting stuff... but my only question is why is luffy the only one training(not to mention how corny that whole plot point was but whatever)...the rest of the crew is looking so bummy to me. ok you gave zoro a sword...so what? hes not gonna try to improve himself?? the dude who trains every day :lol: makes no sense.

Like what is Oda excuse for this? its like he doesn't want to put the straw hats in any uncomfortable situations that force them to become greater...literally the only one challenged is luffy. VERY annoying and NOT consistent with the rest of the story. Maybe they will train after this meeting.

Im not gonna lie I am very hyped about the numbers. They legit look scary. :pimp:

last negative thing im going to bring up, this man oda has literally off screened the BEST parts of the arc...that is wack. law vs Hawkins you off screen that?? REALLY LMAO

The anime is going to blow the manga out of the water. Hands down because they will expound upon the things oda just off screened. Hopefully

I don't think we've seen Zoro train because we haven't seen him actually hit his power ceiling. Luffy post time-skip didn't put ANY emphasis on training until he hit the walls that were Big Mom and Katakuri. Zoro hasn't hit any such walls since his training with Mihawk. Hell, we never even saw Luffy train pre-time skip, really - he only did so in a dedicated way after Marineford when he saw his limitations there and Rayleigh decided to mentor him. Training really hasn't been a huge part of the manga ever, IMO.

Honestly, I think he's offscreening some stuff because those fights would extend this arc WAY too much. I think he's trying to manage time and get us to some truly insane fights that are going to be coming up. Don't think we'll be disappointed by the time it's all over - unless you want to add on another year in fights to this arc.

One piece

you stay hating

ONE PIECE = GOAT

[

I'm not super worried about the Big Mom/Kaido alliance. I think once the action starts it'll start cracking. There's been the constant mentions of backstabbing in alliances and both Kaido and Big Mom are pretty unstable people along with the personalities in their crews. I think we'll see all of the supernova's on this island take big steps and I could see Urougue joining the party. We know he's probably not too far from the action and he has a score to settle with Big Mom I'm sure.

I think we'll be getting big team battles. And idk if Apoo will defect from Kaido, but I for sure see Hawkins and Drake defecting and Kid will stop being stubborn and join. And Hawkins has that card that let's his allies break their limits, right?

Beyond Zoro getting Enma he could upgrade his Kitesu, since Luffy had one of the Kitesu's and the Goblin from the beginning of the arc, can't remember his name, may have the top grade kitesu. Zoro should learn about black blades this arc, so I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro turns Wado Ichimanji into a black blade. Also wonder what Zoro will learn from visiting Ryuma's grave. Ryuma has the same family name as Yasuie and Toko and his family name is the same name as Zoro's village.

There's a lot of unpredictability left in this arc which is exciting. I'm really enjoying this arc. Might pick the anime back up. Just hope Oda keeps the writing tight and doesn't get too sidetracked with ideas.

I don't think we've seen Zoro train because we haven't seen him actually hit his power ceiling. Luffy post time-skip didn't put ANY emphasis on training until he hit the walls that were Big Mom and Katakuri. Zoro hasn't hit any such walls since his training with Mihawk. Hell, we never even saw Luffy train pre-time skip, really - he only did so in a dedicated way after Marineford when he saw his limitations there and Rayleigh decided to mentor him. Training really hasn't been a huge part of the manga ever, IMO.

Honestly, I think he's offscreening some stuff because those fights would extend this arc WAY too much. I think he's trying to manage time and get us to some truly insane fights that are going to be coming up. Don't think we'll be disappointed by the time it's all over - unless you want to add on another year in fights to this arc.

Yes we haven't seen his power ceiling, that's a problem...its been many arcs and many years and we haven't seen his power ceiling. Meanwhile luffy has been pushed to the limit the last 3 arcs...you misunderstood what I said, I said ZORO trains all the time. he has for the whole story, thats part of his character...so for him to be sitting on his *** listening to **** hes not going to follow ANYWAYS, makes no sense.

to sum it up, im a huge zero fan and would like to see more. thats all.

and bruh..the same oda that had big mom running around for 20 chapters screaming...he can give us some fights. the reason why hes off screening fights is because he gets to hide peoples powers until he wants to really reveal them, which in my opinion works sometimes but at this point in the story its not working. it was good in the beginning of the series because you had all those years to build up but now is the time. lets see what these people you have hyped all series long can do.

you stay hating

ONE PIECE = GOAT

its still my GOAT but so far wano is a disappointment just like whole cake.

I GOTTA ADMIT DR. STONE HAS DRAWN ME BACK IN. I FIND MYSELF WANTING MORE. IM A BIG SCIENCE NERD SO I CANT HELP IT. :lol:

Last edited:
Ok so can someone explain Alluka’s powers to me? I finished the Hunter x Hunter anime and I’m sitting here like “huh...?”

Ok so can someone explain Alluka’s powers to me? I finished the Hunter x Hunter anime and I’m sitting here like “huh...?”
https://hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Nanika
Scroll to the Wish Granting part.

Essentially Alluka is possesed by this creature from the dark content or whatever called Nanika. If someone fulfills 3 of Alluka's requests, Nanika pops up and grants a wish. The bigger the wish the bigger or more intense the next three requests will be. If the person doesn't fulfill those requests people die.

Back
Top Bottom