The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Stupid Hyped for OP tonight.
Right?! I've been hitting refresh all morning fam. This is going to be game-changing.

I also want to highlight really how much STORY is left in OP
For one - we still know nothing about the World Government's ACTUAL goals e.g. Im and the Five Elders. This definitely ties in with the Void Century, which resulted in the creation of the World Government, Celestial Dragons, etc. Who were the power players BEFORE the Void Century, and how did their objectives align to create the World Government system? What was life like before the WG? We still don't know the secrets of the Will of D, though I imagine that the clan was the main opposition of the precursor to the WG during the Void Century.

One Piece itself is probably somehow connected to the Ancient Weapons originating from (or maybe scattered during?) the Void Century. But what will possessing that even mean to an idiot like Luffy? It doesn't seem that he has a desire to directly oppose the WG - more likely that he would just want to free anyone who seems under oppression. To that end, if Sword is indeed an organization even secret to the Five Elders themselves on the side of "good", then how will they play in this larger dynamic, particularly since they're likely not fully against the WG like the Revolutionary Army?

Then you have all of the random little mysteries e.g. Zoro's past, Katakuri's parentage (Kaido?), the actual Devils in the Devil Fruits themselves, Dr. Vegapunk, etc.

I just wonder if Oda can deliver on all of this mystery in a truly satisfying way. That said, given what we've witnessed so far...this is could honestly be the greatest story of all time.

Last edited:
I dont know what to say about the new chapter of One Piece. So much info was just dropped... :pimp:

Also, all the colors are weird now on this site. :lol:

This update sucks but it also seems more responsive to mobile. But i guess ill get use to it like the other tines. Going to read one piece right meow

Read it. Damn u oda for being the GOAT! Now thats 3 more things i want to know about and yearning for the story for

Read it. Damn u oda for being the GOAT! Now thats 3 more things i want to know about and yearning for the story for
I wonder how the Davy Back Fight is gonna tie into all of this. Remember that arc from god knows how long ago? :lol:
I don't know why that arc came to mind, The only thing I remember about it was that the DBF originated on Pirate Island.

ONE PIECEEEEE

So many BB theories now
Big theory that Xebec D. Rocks was Teach's father. The events that happened 38 year prior would have been when Teach was two years old. Teach's ship is named Saber of Xebec. Teach's base of operations is the same island on which the Rocks Crew was founded. Obviously they both carry the D. lineage as well. For someone who was only 2 when Rocks was destroyed and the WG attempted to eradicate them from history, Teach seems to know a lot about them. There's also a theory that Xebec had the Yami Yami no Mi, and that Teach knew about its special abilities because of his connection to Xebec.

There's also what Sengoku said about Wano...something is definitely up. Is there something more to the fact that Samurai (who are abnormally tall and powerful) and the Giants (who are obviously quite tall and powerful) are on the last couple of islands before Raftel? I know there's an evolutionary argument (that only the strongest can survive in such harsh environments), but I wonder if there's more to that that Sengoku is picking up on now?

So much to unpack. Such an amazing ****ing story.

:wow: What a chapter. So much world building and so much speculation and theories to float around.

BB being the son of Rocks, would make his and Ace's story even more crazy.
Big Mom would have had kids already by her time in the Rocks Pirates. Which would explain why they're so strong, especially Katakuri. Katakuri is not necessarily a weird race of unknown since he is a triplet and his brothers don't look like that. Kaido?:nerd:
Go D. Valley :lol:
Need that team up to be a movie.
Teach going after Moira to revive Rocks

Last edited:
Anime movies of major Manga / Stories need to all be movies about stuff they wont go in to in the book.
I need the hero Garp movie ASAP

Makes those hits Luffy took as a youngin that much more impressive.

Luffy got a heck of a family tree
Thank you for the Teach Theory, I assumed the D meant that Garp was fighting Dragon this story just keeps improving
Another 10 years to look fwd to haha

Loved how Oda reinstilled what a badass Garp is.

And the way the story was told I really want to read how Garp ended up protecting celestials he doesnt like and their slaves and Roger teaming up with him. I just know he'd bring the feels to it. Loved all the name dropping.

Crazy how most of the yonkou were crewmates. The scale of that story is crazy though. Rocks basically was described as the first yonkou or worse and his whole crew got wrecked by two dudes.

That's like Luffy and Koby taking down Blackbeard and his crew :lol:

It's kinda wild to me how Sengoku's hair went all white already. Fam only been retired like 2 years.

So i'm assuming that was seasson finale of Demon Slayer. we need to re organize this New Age Big 4 (cuz #1 is still always agoing to be one piece)

what chapter i gotta start at for the manga now?

Back
Top Bottom