The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Mbj is trash for that.
Even more trash because he collabed with a brand the average anime/manga fan cant afford.
Ill be at hot topic getting an akatsukinrobe for 15 bucks
Bro just go to Uniqlo then, why are you hating on a dude who wants to bring anime further into the public consciousness outside of the "average anime/manga fan"?

Bro just go to Uniqlo then, why are you hating on a dude who wants to bring anime further into the public consciousness outside of the "average anime/manga fan"?
you're not bringing anime further into the public by selling 800 dollar jackets. people who buy that jacket that aren't anime fans aren't going to contribute to the shonen jump app or go watch naruto on netflix .
it would've made more sense for him to partner with uniqlo or something affordable instead.
i mean im not mad he went and got the bag from Coach.
but it's not a good representation putting something that people like out , but not attainable to most.
he's an anime fan, cool. I respect that. we all are. But you're not catering to the anime fans. and he knows this.. that's what trash about it. but im sure the same people that buy 200 dollar supreme drops and Bape shirts will probably cop.

you're not bringing anime further into the public by selling 800 dollar jackets. people who buy that jacket that aren't anime fans aren't going to contribute to the shonen jump app or go watch naruto on netflix .
it would've made more sense for him to partner with uniqlo or something affordable instead.
i mean im not mad he went and got the bag from Coach.
but it's not a good representation putting something that people like out , but not attainable to most.
he's an anime fan, cool. I respect that. we all are. But you're not catering to the anime fans. and he knows this.. that's what trash about it. but im sure the same people that buy 200 dollar supreme drops and Bape shirts will probably cop.
I think he's bringing more awareness to anime by merit of creating a collaboration that has gotten a ton of news coverage and also hits a market that typically would not see any sort of anime memorabilia. Why does he have to collaborate with Uniqlo when they already have that covered? Why does he have to cater to the established base of fans that can already cop at Uniqlo, when he can instead bring his passion into the limelight for some of his peers that may not be familiar with it? He's an anime head and he wanted to do something different to help express that - why hate on him when we have other really cool and affordable options?

I think he's bringing more awareness to anime by merit of creating a collaboration that has gotten a ton of news coverage and also hits a market that typically would not see any sort of anime memorabilia. Why does he have to collaborate with Uniqlo when they already have that covered? Why does he have to cater to the established base of fans that can already cop at Uniqlo, when he can instead bring his passion into the limelight for some of his peers that may not be familiar with it? He's an anime head and he wanted to do something different to help express that - why hate on him when we have other really cool and affordable options?
I don't hate mbj. Just think it's corny. I don't see how bringing a high cost high fashion piece helps anime. Again those people already watch or still not going to. Which puts no money in the creators pockets unlike uniqlo / bape stuff that does

I don't hate mbj. Just think it's corny. I don't see how bringing a high cost high fashion piece helps anime. Again those people already watch or still not going to. Which puts no money in the creators pockets unlike uniqlo / bape stuff that does
Bro I'm sure he's paying Kishi in order for him to have Naruto on a jacket. Exposure is exposure. It might be corny but who cares? It just comes off like you're mad that you can't afford it - that's a personal problem papi. As long as there's an affordable alternative then I'mma let him rock.

Well it does 2 things IMO:
  1. Brings eyes to anime in circles that would not normally acess or even seek it. It's kind of how anime is becoming more and more mainstream RN. I think someone else mentioned how crazy that anime t-shirts are just the norm now. Before that was a norm for a very specific group of fans. Now it's fashionable and cool, which leads into my second point
  2. The collab creates clothing for those that like anime and want to be fashion-forward with a slight flex. Something that's not just a screen printed shirt of fan art.
I personally really dig all three jackets. Really wish the Kakashi-inspired jacket was either just a vest or a jacket tho. If I had that kind of cash, I'd get all three.

On another note:
I know Im late on Demon Slayer, but I've come to say that Zenitsus entire character is utterly ridiculous. They are over the top in both directions. I love it and hate it all at the same time. Lord he's insufferably annoying tho.

Kengan Ashura is proving to be what I wanted from Baki.

Last edited:
the blue and black denim jacket is nice. everything else looks terrible.

tbh the whole collection/approach is kinda corny lol.

if i lived in a colder area, id be wearing the parka and shearling aviator jacket, i think those look nice but like i said i do have some coldgear envy because we really do not get to wear any of that here in socal
1569960533105.png
1569960544051.png

Bro I'm sure he's paying Kishi in order for him to have Naruto on a jacket. Exposure is exposure. It might be corny but who cares? It just comes off like you're mad that you can't afford it - that's a personal problem papi. As long as there's an affordable alternative then I'mma let him rock.
sigh... why would it need to be about me being broke, or not able to afford....
There's a difference between not being able to afford and refusing to pay a price.
I can afford chipotle but i refuse to pay 12 bucks for a bunch of rice with some meat sprinkled on it...
I dont find the pieces specifically pleasing so me "affording" it isn't the problem. There are a lot of people who would find this to be fire. I guarantee you'll see SupremeDreams team rockin this stuff in their next set of videos.

lol I'm not @memphissfinest rich,
but I got a little bit of change

Well it does 2 things IMO:
  1. Brings eyes to anime in circles that would not normally acess or even seek it. It's kind of how anime is becoming more and more mainstream RN. I think someone else mentioned how crazy that anime t-shirts are just the norm now. Before that was a norm for a very specific group of fans. Now it's fashionable and cool, which leads into my second point
  2. The collab creates clothing for those that like anime and want to be fashion-forward with a slight flex. Something that's not just a screen printed shirt of fan art.
I personally really dig all three jackets. Really wish the Kakashi-inspired jacket was either just a vest or a jacket tho. If I had that kind of cash, I'd get all three.
It's all about the "flex"
you kinda proved my point with your last statement tho. if you had the money you'd grab it.
Thats my gripe with a collab of this magnitude. the other fans who aren't ballin or trying to flex. likes this stuff too. he could've collabed with anyone else and made this same product. If you really for the anime culture you know a bunch of people won't be able to afford this stuff that's clearly appealing to a lot of people. so again tell me how you're helping the anime community with this.
He could've done this same collab with any one else but naw he took the Coach bag (pun intended).
It's a corny move and not a move that at all represents your love for the culture. cuz the culture isn't just the shows, it's community.

you kinda proved my point with your last statement tho. if you had the money you'd grab it.
Thats my gripe with a collab of this magnitude. the other fans who aren't ballin or trying to flex. likes this stuff too. he could've collabed with anyone else and made this same product. If you really for the anime culture you know a bunch of people won't be able to afford this stuff that's clearly appealing to a lot of people. so again tell me how you're helping the anime community with this.

Right but that was kind of my point. It's anime clothing for those of the high fashion world.

Regular degular anime fans already have affodable things like Uniqlo and BAIT to push product that affordable and nice. This is the same thing, just with a 'higher quality' and a high fashion name attached to it.

At the end of the day, yes, it's a bit about the 'flex'. It's part of the reason we are even on this site.

There will be those that buy it only bc its Coach and MJB, sure. But there are also others who'd like this type clothing that dont know about shops like Uniqlo and BAIT or dont want the cheap 'for everybody' feel of Hot Topic.

Now when someone at that art show asks about what's on the jacket, they can put them on. That's growing the fanbase.

sigh... why would it need to be about me being broke, or not able to afford....
There's a difference between not being able to afford and refusing to pay a price.
I can afford chipotle but i refuse to pay 12 bucks for a bunch of rice with some meat sprinkled on it...
I dont find the pieces specifically pleasing so me "affording" it isn't the problem. There are a lot of people who would find this to be fire. I guarantee you'll see SupremeDreams team rockin this stuff in their next set of videos.

lol I'm not @memphissfinest rich,
but I got a little bit of change

It's all about the "flex"
He could've done this same collab with any one else but naw he took the Coach bag (pun intended).
It's a corny move and not a move that at all represents your love for the culture. cuz the culture isn't just the shows, it's community.

i think youre thinking way too much about it :lol:

The bomber jacket is cool and so is the backpacks. Not a fan of anything else and I thought the IG commercial was whack. If people like it cool but I'm not about to act like this opens the floodgates to any of the apps or official manga channels. Good for dude getting paid though, I'm suprised no one has said this was cultural appropriation yet

finished Made In Abyss today, amazing show. need a season 2

There's going to be a movie that tells the next piece of the story, releasing in January.

So maybe you'll get to see it in HD with English subs by the end of next year :lol: :smh: I won't beat a dead horse on the anime film thing.

94CDAA4A-267F-4EB9-98CE-162AF8DE5ECB.png
Lol glad demon slayer getting the attention it deserves that shiii was litttt.

6F86AB86-6820-4CB4-A34B-5BA9B756D109.png
Also I think ima take my babymom on one of our rare dates to see this movie lol

My almost 3 year old was watching full metal alchemist with me and envy was a little bug and got turned into dust. Well her dog died a few months ago and her mom says that the dog turned to dust and went to heaven. So when envy died she freaked out and cried for a hour. That was weeks ago and I was watching 7 deadly sins and was like look Eden a pig. And she whimpered “is he gonna turn to dust like that green guy?” Omg I traumatized her

My almost 3 year old was watching full metal alchemist with me and envy was a little bug and got turned into dust. Well her dog died a few months ago and her mom says that the dog turned to dust and went to heaven. So when envy died she freaked out and cried for a hour. That was weeks ago and I was watching 7 deadly sins and was like look Eden a pig. And she whimpered “is he gonna turn to dust like that green guy?” Omg I traumatized her
Could be worst, you could of watched Akira with her like I did with my dad

Back
Top Bottom