The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

At least you had your dad. I stumbled upon Akira as a kid during some cable channel's anime week back in the 90s. (probably the SciFi Channel. I used to **** with that channel heavy)

It was freaky but also the movie that made me love anime.

I don't hate mbj. Just think it's corny. I don't see how bringing a high cost high fashion piece helps anime. Again those people already watch or still not going to. Which puts no money in the creators pockets unlike uniqlo / bape stuff that does
To be fair, Those Seiko Gundam watches were 5k + at retail. There is a market there. I get your point tho.

The bomber jacket is cool and so is the backpacks. Not a fan of anything else and I thought the IG commercial was whack. If people like it cool but I'm not about to act like this opens the floodgates to any of the apps or official manga channels. Good for dude getting paid though, I'm suprised no one has said this was cultural appropriation yet
Praise Wu-Tang Clan

Christ @bware113 I was just trying to be funny. I'm sorry about your dad

Oh nah man. I didn't mean that as a woe is me moment. No worries. Dude's still alive and everything, I just didnt know homie then.

I probably could've worded that better :lol::rofl:

Just saying I didnt have anyone there to explain that weird **** to me after I watched. I was just taking it all in by myself. It became one of my favorite movies and animes til this day right there in that living room. TIL THIS DAY!!!!

Praise Wu-Tang Clan
For the children
Oh nah man. I didn't mean that as a woe is me moment. No worries. Dude's still alive and everything, I just didnt know homie then.

I probably could've worded that better :lol::rofl:

Just saying I didnt have anyone there to explain that weird **** to me after I watched. I was just taking it all in by myself. It became one of my favorite movies and animes til this day right there in that living room. TIL THIS DAY!!!!
Glad to hear it. What funny we probably saw it at the same time because I also watched it on Sci fi channel one saturday morning. They would show all the **** completely uncensored. Not sure how but my dad didnt explain **** to me either he just sat their in silence and once shorty got punched in the face I shut up too

Bro, I have been telling people about that Anime week for years and no one ever knows what Im talking about. I was beginning to think I made the **** up.

once shorty got punched in the face I shut up too
Really punched her *** dead in her **** with no remorse :rofl:

First time I saw Ronin Warriors (I like this name better) was on sci fi channel Saturday mornings. Along with battle angel, Paltobar (pretty sure I spelled it wrong), and a few of the Macross films among other things.

EDIT: My goodness how could I forget, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

Fist of the north star was the first my young eyes ever seen but the violence scared me as a kid. I was like 4. Project a ko was the first anime movie i watched and enjoyed

07D468BB-7503-4AC1-94CA-414A9EF4F0AA.png

:rofl:

First time I saw Ronin Warriors (I like this name better) was on sci fi channel Saturday mornings. Along with battle angel, Paltobar (pretty sure I spelled it wrong), and a few of the Macross films among other things.

EDIT: My goodness how could I forget, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

FONS was crazy but I was never a fan of that artstyle. It's one of the biggest obstacles in giving Jojo's a fair shake.

First time I caught Ronin Warriors was on Toonami. I was just telling the young homies how live that show was. Lowkey in 8th grade I looked forward to that just as much as DBZ, and they were walking through the Frieza/Namek saga then. I dont think I ever finished it tho.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiid, that's my favorite Gundam too. :rofl:

One Piece
Wow. Act 3 is off to quite a start. I had a feeling that the plan was gonna fail, but I didn't think act 3 was gonna start off with it. :lol:
That desperate plea by the retainers over the Den-den Mushi though. :frown:
I don't know who the traitor is anymore after seeing that. :lol:
I cannot wait to see what Orochi did the night before. I refuse to believe that it has actually failed.

And I want to see more Gol D. Rodger too. That was a good flashback that teased more info about Oden's ambitions.

Back
Top Bottom