The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Got Hulu

soo finally caught season 2 of one punch man

and starting attack on titan from scratch, since I’ve only seen episodes

also watched the Jonathan joestar episodes of jojo

New One Piece is out
Things are going about as well is they can given who all the people involved are. :lol:
I'm curious as to who Yamato is. He has to be important if the main announcement has to do wit him.
I am so looking forward to things kicking off. :lol: :pimp:
I hope hes cool and nothing like weevil or whoever the fake whitebeard kid was.

I got some OP questions that havent been answered yet.
1. why did kuma help straw hats in shabody

2. we never found out why jimbei was in jail right.

3. ace dying was still pointless. the question is how many more people would glhad let die if jump wasnt like pump your breaks

4.bring GOD ENeru back.

also didnt realize haki was mentioned before the time skip and before Raleigh did it in shabody arc.
it was mentioned by blackbeard in impel down.

3. ace dying was still pointless. the question is how many more people would glhad let die if jump wasnt like pump your breaks

4.bring GOD ENeru back.

also didnt realize haki was mentioned before the time skip and before Raleigh did it in shabody arc.
From the Wiki:

1. After Thriller Bark, he spared them again on the Sabaody Archipelago, where he helped them escape Admiral Kizaru and Sentomaru, his last known act under his own free will.[19] While Kuma helped the entire Straw Hat Pirates crew, he showed a certain respect for Zoro, specifically after he found the swordsman alive following the events at Thriller Bark. Zoro, too, recognized and respected Kuma’s strength, admitting that he was only alive because of the other’s mercy. Kuma's intentions during the incident with the World Nobles on the Sabaody Archipelago was to save the Straw Hat Pirates. He also made a deal with Vegapunk to program him to protect the Thousand Sunny until a Straw Hat member returned.

2. Sometime after Ace's capture, Jinbe was also imprisoned in Impel Down, due to being the only member of the Shichibukai who refused the summons of the World Government to stand against the Whitebeard Pirates. He had decided to defy the Marines and was prepared to lose his status as a Shichibukai in the process

3. It had a point. Magma hotter than fire. :lol:

4. I wonder what he's doin up there? And I want him back too.

4.bring GOD ENeru back.

1. Kuma is / was a revolutionary. So it might have been out of loyalty to dragon and he respected Luffy having a good crew. Then 2sappy's post provides additional context. The revolutionaries still have some type of loyalty or connection to Kuma as well, seeing from how upset Sabo and co were when they saw him at the Reverie.

2. Sappy answered. Jinbe was protesting the war with Whitebeard because of his friendship with Ace and whitebeard protecting Fishman Island.

3. Lol, it's funny cause Oda didn't see killing Ace as a big deal and was surprised people cared so much. It was for Luffy's emotional growth. It made him realized he wasn't as strong as he thought he was.

4. I'm not an eneru fan, but if he comes back I hope its during an arc with Urouge and Urouge gets to body him. I think they have history.

Weathering With You dropped

@PoweredbyMSG

4D9E60FD-F6D8-4544-B5DF-CC2B60068E25.gif

YooOOoO! Thanks for letting me know. Going to save it for this Saturday!

Just to add on, I feel eventually when we really meet Dragon (reunion with Luffy) or Vegapunk we're gonna get the sob story of Kuma's background, becoming a pirate, becoming a revolutionary spy, his friendship with Dragon and its gonna be like he saw something in Luffy and was tight with Dragon he did something for his son. Then sacrificing himself.

4.bring GOD ENeru back.
I so badly wanted to see him show up as a pirate after the timeskip either captain or part of somebody's crew.

Oda had the whole baddest generation thing going for those supernovas. I feel like in the 2 years he skipped there's easy opportunity to introduce at least another new rookie pirate that had marines shook while all the supernovas were off in the new world making alliances and getting beaten. Can't tell me aint no other super threatening/infamous/strong pirates made a name for themselves since.

Last edited:
Just to add on, I feel eventually when we really meet Dragon (reunion with Luffy) or Vegapunk we're gonna get the sob story of Kuma's background, becoming a pirate, becoming a revolutionary spy, his friendship with Dragon and its gonna be like he saw something in Luffy and was tight with Dragon he did something for his son. Then sacrificing himself.

I so badly wanted to see him show up as a pirate after the timeskip either captain or part of somebody's crew.

Oda had the whole baddest generation thing going for those supernovas. I feel like in the 2 years he skipped there's easy opportunity to introduce at least another new rookie pirate that had marines shook while all the supernovas were off in the new world making alliances and getting beaten. Can't tell me aint no other super threatening/infamous/strong pirates made a name for themselves since.

Plus Kuma has a connection with Bonney and was the former king of Sorbet Kingdom. Dude has a lot going on in his back story.

The only new rookie pirate we've heard anything about so far that rose up during the time skip is Bartolomeo. There's for sure more I guess the question will be will any of them enter Luffy's orbit. We also saw Caribou now that I think about it his bounty was around $200 mill from the 1st half of the grand line. But there's gotta be up and coming pirate crews in the new world, except Oda might write it off as them getting scooped up to join Yonkos.

Plus Kuma has a connection with Bonney and was the former king of Sorbet Kingdom. Dude has a lot going on in his back story.

The only new rookie pirate we've heard anything about so far that rose up during the time skip is Bartolomeo. There's for sure more I guess the question will be will any of them enter Luffy's orbit. We also saw Caribou now that I think about it his bounty was around $200 mill from the 1st half of the grand line. But there's gotta be up and coming pirate crews in the new world, except Oda might write it off as them getting scooped up to join Yonkos.
I forget about Bartolemo cuz he had such an ugly face design and he turned out to be such a huge straw hat fanboy.

I'm hoping Oda at least elevates one rookie/former rookie crew. Naturally throw a D. name in the mix (Jaguar perhaps or a new one).

finally got around to watching tower of god and man. the show is impressing me, that and Glefnir. but i knew that show was good when i started hearing about it prior to the anime release

I forget about Bartolemo cuz he had such an ugly face design and he turned out to be such a huge straw hat fanboy.

I'm hoping Oda at least elevates one rookie/former rookie crew. Naturally throw a D. name in the mix (Jaguar perhaps or a new one).
It would be pretty cool to see a rookie coming up to challenge luffy or any of the other supernovas.
a good idea would've been instead of SABO grabbbing the mera mera fruit one of those rookies would have who seemed to be kinda happy go lucky friendly then turns out to be a nuisance.
I'd take some stronger marine vice admirals as well.
We need to see more Coby.

I just finished reading the crown game last night. Tower of god is the goods.

Got a different sort of pace to it. Reminds me of FMA, Liar Game, Immortal Regis, and Big O a bit.

Sooo just finished season 1 of my hero academia

soooooooo Deku was definitely born with something, right?

Master Zik Master Zik you ever try reading Kingdom? I suggest giving it a try if you looking for something new.
Thanks. Put it on the list. Get to it after I finish QP and Tower of god.

Never heard of it. Only thing I was familiar with was the Kingdom series on netflix which has some things in common but its not based on the manga.

Looks good, big fan of the Ravages of Time and this period is right up my alley.

It would be pretty cool to see a rookie coming up to challenge luffy or any of the other supernovas.
a good idea would've been instead of SABO grabbbing the mera mera fruit one of those rookies would have who seemed to be kinda happy go lucky friendly then turns out to be a nuisance.
I'd take some stronger marine vice admirals as well.
We need to see more Coby.

I hope Boa slaps Coby up when he comes to arrest her.

Yeah it'd be interesting to see new crews, but Oda has said he's basically accelerating and streamlining things to get to the end. But it could be cool to see some new crews come at Luffy to gain reputation since Morgans hyped him to be the 5th emperor.

I just finished reading the crown game last night. Tower of god is the goods.

Got a different sort of pace to it. Reminds me of FMA, Liar Game, Immortal Regis, and Big O a bit.

Man, season 1 of Tower of God was special, the crown game is usually where people get pulled in. I'm interested in hearing what you think as you go on.

Thanks. Put it on the list. Get to it after I finish QP and Tower of god.

Never heard of it. Only thing I was familiar with was the Kingdom series on netflix which has some things in common but its not based on the manga.

Looks good, big fan of the Ravages of Time and this period is right up my alley.

Kingdom is one of my favorite series.

I just finished season 1 of Solo Leveling. Really enjoyed it. Reminds me of The Gamer, but darker, better, much faster paced. I find a lot of these Korean series don't utilize the greater cast. I remember in Noblesse the students were just used as hostages, but were never fully utilized. In solo leveling I hope some of these characters get used or get more prominent roles as the series grows and he builds his guild. Like the girl from the red gate, the scout that was recruiting him, his sister's friend, etc.

I just finished season 1 of Solo Leveling. Really enjoyed it. Reminds me of The Gamer, but darker, better, much faster paced. I find a lot of these Korean series don't utilize the greater cast. I remember in Noblesse the students were just used as hostages, but were never fully utilized. In solo leveling I hope some of these characters get used or get more prominent roles as the series grows and he builds his guild. Like the girl from the red gate, the scout that was recruiting him, his sister's friend, etc.
Yeah, in a shone or manga in general the healing girl and swordsman/martial artist old man would still be playing a part.

There's no main cast in Solo Leveling. Its the main character and all of his potential opponents and rivals :lol: I feel like in the future his father, one of those national level hunters, that one guy under the chairman, and hunter with the sensitive nose are gonna remain in Jin-Woo's orbit. Oh and the weak guy thats rich that started a guild with him.

Yeah, in a shone or manga in general the healing girl and swordsman/martial artist old man would still be playing a part.

There's no main cast in Solo Leveling. Its the main character and all of his potential opponents and rivals :lol: I feel like in the future his father, one of those national level hunters, that one guy under the chairman, and hunter with the sensitive nose are gonna remain in Jin-Woo's orbit. Oh and the weak guy thats rich that started a guild with him.

Yeah Cha is definitely going to be involved. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves hunters to join his guild at some point. But yeah it seems to be a thing to add singular use characters then abandon them. I don't mind it really, but I feel it also leaves a lot of potential untapped and can create a lack of depth. Not even his sister has a real role. It'll be interesting to see if he actual builds a proper guild, right now I'm leaning towards no, but it also seems like things could get set up where he finds a use for people around him. But it's a really solid series so far.

Yeah Cha is definitely going to be involved. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves hunters to join his guild at some point. But yeah it seems to be a thing to add singular use characters then abandon them. I don't mind it really, but I feel it also leaves a lot of potential untapped and can create a lack of depth. Not even his sister has a real role. It'll be interesting to see if he actual builds a proper guild, right now I'm leaning towards no, but it also seems like things could get set up where he finds a use for people around him. But it's a really solid series so far.
Yeah its real good but it is glaring when even his sister doesn't have much to her.

At the level he's at I get the feeling the hunters the guy recruits wont be up to par at all :lol: All D and C level at best. Would be cool if some ppl with potential did join though.

Things may change when he's recognized as a national level hunter though. Gonna need a strong group backing him but with how the plot can sway I could see some of the strongest hunters in South Korea just joining him.

Yeah its real good but it is glaring when even his sister doesn't have much to her.

At the level he's at I get the feeling the hunters the guy recruits wont be up to par at all :lol: All D and C level at best. Would be cool if some ppl with potential did join though.

Things may change when he's recognized as a national level hunter though. Gonna need a strong group backing him but with how the plot can sway I could see some of the strongest hunters in South Korea just joining him.

Yeah, the series would do well to just add some "filler" or development chapters in between the dungeons or post-dungeon. The pace is ridiculously quick and the MC's change is pretty drastic. Like he has comments where he says as he gets stronger emotions are dying and he's getting colder as he gets stronger. Also that scene in the hospital where he mentions an uneasiness and separation from people and the world. If they add some chapters to just explore relationships and his personal changes and growth in between the dungeons it'd add depth and give the rest of the cast some places to shine. Or even when he told that E-rank girl he was going to make her a great hunter following up on that would have been interesting.

For his guild I think a ton of people will be interested due to him being a national level hunter, but there's gotta be recruitment snags with the manager being a D rank. But I think he'll start out wanting a weak filler guild like he did with the C-rank dungeons, but may realize he needs an actual powerful guild. But with the national hunters from other countries coming to the scene and those human looking monsters and what not, there's a few directions things can go.

I feel like this episode of Tower of God fumbled a lot of things. Some of them just details and things that affect the lore, but the biggest thing was just the overall start of Hide and Seek. I think they could have added the details and information and announced hide and seek at the end of this episode. Then next episode do it properly, right now the whole tone and tension of the test is off and Quant isn't coming across as menacing. Interested in hearing how people who haven't read the webtoon feel about this episode.

Back
Top Bottom