The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Jus finished Apocrypha on Netflix. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Episode 22 (I believe) was movie quality fights. Hella dope
Forgot I actually watched that. Can't remember if I liked it or not. For a while it just seemed like they were churning out fate series with the quickness just to put something out.

I loved fate zero. fate stay night (unlimited blade works) made me wish shiro was a real person so I could throw him off a building.

Forgot I actually watched that. Can't remember if I liked it or not. For a while it just seemed like they were churning out fate series with the quickness just to put something out.

I loved fate zero. fate stay night (unlimited blade works) made me wish shiro was a real person so I could throw him off a building.

Vaugley remember Zero & Unlimited Blade Works. I’ll have to watch them again tho, wouldnt mind watchin the Heavens Feel movie if it’ll ever be dubbed one day.

i forgot how good tower of God was. the manwha definitely burned me out. it was a ton of information and talking. the anime helps all that and from what i remember this is pretty close

Reading Hunter since the anime will prob take 5 more year at the least and my friends are already spoiling me. Is it just togashi's manga style but im not enjoying it so far, remember reading the chimera arc when it was ongoing but i was enjoying that.

With the stakes on this Kuroro/Hisoka fight im meh so far...

i forgot how good tower of God was. the manwha definitely burned me out. it was a ton of information and talking. the anime helps all that and from what i remember this is pretty close

The anime ends up cutting a ton of important info. The early episodes are good, I think around the end of the crown game I got concerned that they'd cut character subtly and things. The anime is like a good cliff notes version of the story.

I'm not sure the director of the show fully understood what makes Tower of God good or if he just didn't care or like the series. He did mention it being very korean thematically and wanted to make it more palatable for a japanese audience. The korean fans were pretty upset I heard.

But yeah it's easy to get burned out by the webtoon, it's so dense at times overly dense. Especially the middle of season 2 on the hell train it drags. SIU thrives in games, but it seems like the intricate games show up less and less. Might be due to fan pressure or pressure from Naver / webtoon to be more mainstream, which I remember SIU talking about during Season 2.

The anime ends up cutting a ton of important info. The early episodes are good, I think around the end of the crown game I got concerned that they'd cut character subtly and things. The anime is like a good cliff notes version of the story.

I'm not sure the director of the show fully understood what makes Tower of God good or if he just didn't care or like the series. He did mention it being very korean thematically and wanted to make it more palatable for a japanese audience. The korean fans were pretty upset I heard.

But yeah it's easy to get burned out by the webtoon, it's so dense at times overly dense. Especially the middle of season 2 on the hell train it drags. SIU thrives in games, but it seems like the intricate games show up less and less. Might be due to fan pressure or pressure from Naver / webtoon to be more mainstream, which I remember SIU talking about during Season 2.
yea from my experience being in Korea I can see them wanting to blow Tower of God up to a higher status than what nobleese was. Nobleese had legit bus posters. and a billboard.

I'll be honest it's been a couple of years since i read season 1 so I dont even remember all the detail I probably should that's in season 1.
to be honest I more than likely wont go back and read it either. but i wills tart from season 2 maybe it will jog some memories.

Too many other mangas to catch up on. Demon Slayer, Promise Neverland, Solo Leveling,
anime I still want to watch vinland saga .fire force . dr stone.

but Tower of God is still a bit of fresh air from the typical shonens that are very dramatic

yea from my experience being in Korea I can see them wanting to blow Tower of God up to a higher status than what nobleese was. Nobleese had legit bus posters. and a billboard.

I'll be honest it's been a couple of years since i read season 1 so I dont even remember all the detail I probably should that's in season 1.
to be honest I more than likely wont go back and read it either. but i wills tart from season 2 maybe it will jog some memories.

Too many other mangas to catch up on. Demon Slayer, Promise Neverland, Solo Leveling,
anime I still want to watch vinland saga .fire force . dr stone.

but Tower of God is still a bit of fresh air from the typical shonens that are very dramatic

Yeah season 1 is essentially just the prologue of the series. The main focus is on character interactions and laying the foundation for the world all building up to the moment at the end of the season. If you know the character's personalities and how the tests and world works you don't need to revisit. Though it is a really strong part, it has a very different feeling. Also the early season 2 cast is different from the season 1 cast. But if you watch the anime and then start season 2 you'll have a good enough understanding of the main events of what's going on just not the details of how the world works.

I hear God of High School got a better animation company for their anime and that story is well suited for mainstream success, so I won't be surprised if it blows up. I haven't read it in forever.

I'm currently watching Psycho-pass season 3 and reading 20th century boys. It's picked up since it's moved past the world ending event in my opinion.

man.. watching zero before unlimited blade works might have been a mistake just because this dude and that bish name are killing me

just turn down Shirō and dont call Rin by her last name so damn much

also they could have used couple characters more and it would have benefited the whole thing

This is some of the best music I've heard in an anime
The way it was used in that scene was amazing

2:13 - 2:55 goosebumps

Is there a poll anywhere in this thread? Definitely been looking for more anime to watch ...

Food Wars and Haikyuu were addictive. Assassination classroom, My hero academia are my recent favorites though.

Just can't wrap my head around prime rib being so good it makes your clothes fall off. Wish I knew how to make it though, be great for dates

is God of Highschool kinda like the new Veritas?
Nope.

You could make a comparison but it is on a much larger scale. Plus it has way more comedy in it on the level of say a Sun Ken-Rock. Has a lot more in common with Dragon ball than Veritas.

Also like my previous post forget the high school part and I'll add as a slight spoiler focus more on the God part.

It is a fun ride though. I just got to the time skip.

Nope.

You could make a comparison but it is on a much larger scale. Plus it has way more comedy in it on the level of say a Sun Ken-Rock. Has a lot more in common with Dragon ball than Veritas.

Also like my previous post forget the high school part and I'll add as a slight spoiler focus more on the God part.

It is a fun ride though. I just got to the time skip.

whats your top 5 anime

im new to this, id like some suggestions

whats your top 5 anime

Might not be the best to ask since I'm more old school or at least a specific point in time and probably more mainstream. Just got back in to watching anime heavy again. Before been reading more manga.

With that said in no specific order and I'm naming more than 5:

Dragonball Z
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fullmetal Alchemist (2 versions, watch both)
Outlaw Star
One Piece
Ronin Warriors
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Gundam Wing
Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing

Last edited:
whats your top 5 anime

In no order

Hiatus x Hiatus
One Piece
Samurai Champloo
FMA Brotherhood
Idk 5 is hard. I'd like to say Naruto + Naruto Shippuden but the fillers are so numerous it ruins the experience. Then there are more cerebral anime that aren't necessarily as exciting as the typical popular shounen stuff, movies like Grave of the Fireflies which provide unforgettable experiences, or simple enjoyable slice of life stuff.

Back
Top Bottom