The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

JJK Chapter 214 :pimp:

My man Yuji Itadori da GAWD is back! Mans wanted all the smoke from Sukuna.
-Yuji literally is on some “pull up energy.”
-Best panel in this chapter was when Yuji was taking Sukuna “cleave” technique full on and not even flinching! YEESH!!
-Megumi still in there and taking back control :wow:
-Also I guess they didn’t fully reveal Sukuna’s curse technique either…well maybe not to it’s full extent.

Another great chapter from Gege and the art keeps gettin better and better.
Itadori snapped :wow:

That's why the revenge arc was the prequel to the story proper.
both his father figures tell him to abandon revenge and find his true calling. He does this slowly over the farm arc, which then leads into the Vinland arc, which is about to end BTW. If you're waiting for Thorfin to go back to his old self, them you're gonna be disappointed with the rest of the series. After all, the real life Thorfin was an explorer and a merchant, and never a warrior as far as I can tell.
Nah I already gave up on that Thorfinn ever coming back. The long *** farm arc cemented that in my head.

I just wanted a more satisfying ending to that plot line and theme.

I’m not bashing it or anything. It’s just a whole different genre at that point. I liked it for what it was. Had me actually looking in to Vikings doing that in history back when I was watching Vikings and The Last Kingdom. Especially given the way one storyline ended in Vikings.

As for that final arc I was reading it but grew tired of reading it weekly. Just gonna wait to binge.

Also I wouldn’t call the revenge part of the story a prequel when it’s pretty much half of the manga.

Last edited:
8B2B0170-5138-4624-B827-FB14F9FCC008.jpeg

no way this wasn’t inspired by OP

Also I wouldn’t call the revenge part of the story a prequel when it’s pretty much half of the manga.
I guess prequel was the wrong word to use, but the end of season one as well as chapter 54 are titled "End of the Prologue". It's up to 200 chapters now, so it's more like a quarter of the story, with the farm being another quarter more or less. Looking through the chapter list, I've forgotten a lot of the things that happened between the farm arc and where they are now. I might have to do a re read of some of it.

I guess prequel was the wrong word to use, but the end of season one as well as chapter 54 are titled "End of the Prologue". It's up to 200 chapters now, so it's more like a quarter of the story, with the farm being another quarter more or less. Looking through the chapter list, I've forgotten a lot of the things that happened between the farm arc and where they are now. I might have to do a re read of some of it.
My memory is hazy there as well cuz it sure did feel like more of the manga to me but the stuff in between farming and Vinland ain’t coming to mind either.

How do yall feel about it being dropped in an SBS though?

I don't think it's a big deal. Now at some point if he wants to expand on Zoro's origins or anything like that he doesn't have to do a preamble he can just cut to those characters if or when the story needs it. Some of this Zoro stuff may need to come to a head and since it wasn't touched in Wano, but we did find out a contingent of people from Wano established his village, no backtracking is needed now to dive into it or they can show up in a flashback if they go into Dragon visiting the village or something since we know he's gone there before. The other question is going to be about Tashigi and if she's a descendant of one of the 15 that settled there.

Though I think it would have been nice if they delved into more of it during Wano instead of wasting pages on the ice oni game stuff in particular, but those are Oda's bad habits that always pop up in longer arcs, stuff that doesn't need to be in there gets added, stuff that should be in there gets cut due to him trying to finish up. His editors should do a better job reigning him in and giving that feedback, but the recent ones all seem really young and just let him do his thing or indulge him like having him add Senor Pink's backstory. I know people liked that, but that could have easily been SBS content in a 100 chapter arc.

I don't think it's a big deal. Now at some point if he wants to expand on Zoro's origins or anything like that he doesn't have to do a preamble he can just cut to those characters if or when the story needs it. Some of this Zoro stuff may need to come to a head and since it wasn't touched in Wano, but we did find out a contingent of people from Wano established his village, no backtracking is needed now to dive into it or they can show up in a flashback if they go into Dragon visiting the village or something since we know he's gone there before. The other question is going to be about Tashigi and if she's a descendant of one of the 15 that settled there.

Though I think it would have been nice if they delved into more of it during Wano instead of wasting pages on the ice oni game stuff in particular, but those are Oda's bad habits that always pop up in longer arcs, stuff that doesn't need to be in there gets added, stuff that should be in there gets cut due to him trying to finish up. His editors should do a better job reigning him in and giving that feedback, but the recent ones all seem really young and just let him do his thing or indulge him like having him add Senor Pink's backstory. I know people liked that, but that could have easily been SBS content in a 100 chapter arc.
Word. I’m not mad at it. It’s good info and like you said. If Oda wants to expand he can. However between now and the end I’m not sure where it would be relevant again. I think Wano was the time to do the backstory and its gone.
Also I find it a little funny that at lot of OP content creators put mad work into Zoro’s father theories and Oda was like nah he’s this (no name so far)….

Anyone going to see the Demon Slayer movie? I read it's the last 2 eps of the Entertainment District then the first episode of Swordsmith Village.

Anyone going to see the Demon Slayer movie? I read it's the last 2 eps of the Entertainment District then the first episode of Swordsmith Village.
Bout to go see that tomorrow. The rest of the season starts up again April 9th

Word. I’m not mad at it. It’s good info and like you said. If Oda wants to expand he can. However between now and the end I’m not sure where it would be relevant again. I think Wano was the time to do the backstory and its gone.
Also I find it a little funny that at lot of OP content creators put mad work into Zoro’s father theories and Oda was like nah he’s this (no name so far)….

I feel like a backstory could happen during the Mihawk vs Zoro fight.

Mihawk had to have beaten the samurais in wano to be established as the worlds greatest swordsmen. Especially since wano/samurai’s are basically all swordsmen…. No way Mihawk didn’t handle business with them

What a premiere for AOT. Those opening moments were brutal AF! MAPPA outdid themselves again.

Also, JJK Ch. 215

Maki back :pimp:
Gege does an amazing job with choreographay & 2 vs 1 battles.
Sukuna is a damn menace! Dude really is a great antagonist. Plus him showing another part of his curse technique. Friggin nuts!!
Plus he was slightly shook when Maki was givin him those hands :pimp:
Then having the fight end with Sukuna & Urame laughing at him. Smh
I’ma need Gege to give us a flashback set in the Heian Era because Sukuna really dropped a curious hint about Yuji’s origins.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Yuji’s lineage went all the way back to that era or he’s reincarnated somehow.
Gege out here puttin out amazing chapters. Have no doubt this ish is gonna end by this year.

Last edited:
I can’t pay $20 to see that. I thought the last movie was a separate interpretation to the Anime TV show (like Dragon Ball Super). Can just wait to watch it at home.

Back
Top Bottom