The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

just read the new chapter :smh:
i was expeceting more of a battle god damn :smh:
pour one out oda not playing rip
power scaling is crazy big mom and kadio lookin soft after that one i think after this its about to be DBZ levels
It took 25 years to get a named attack from shanks. That's wild. :lol:

89CF63FC-F20F-42A3-BCA8-9CFFAF161308.png
Is that the flag of a certain somebody arriving in Egghead. OH NO. This can't be good they are not ready for this level.

Shanks with the NASTY future sight. YUCK, that man is worth the hype. Re-reading the chapter how far in the future did he see.

Edit:

I will say I appreciate Shanks not holding back and not underestimating his opponent.

Last edited:
Shanks used the same move Roger used on Oden.

Lot's of people seem to be headed to Egghead, looks like Blackbeard from that one panel, the 10,000 marines, the elder, and Kizaru, and based off that last cover story chapter Caesar, Judge, and Germa as well.

Would have really liked Kid to realize Shanks was there and they face off a bit for real. Didn't really like that part of the chapter. It's all to just get Shanks back into the race for the one piece, but it had been set up that the new generation was going to make waves, so to discard Kid like that is annoying. Maybe he's not fully done in the story even if he's for sure out of this fight, but who knows.

Maybe he washes up on Elbaf and when Luffy gets there he's back, but we'll see.

I like the clean up of York working with the Seraphim and got unpetrified, but would have like to see more progress there. But oh well.

The pace has been breakneck since Wano. Looking forward to the next chapter.

also seems like Shanks is hunting Blackbeard. Now we know why he was at Wano because he knows Blackbeard takes advantage of situations and he thought Blackbeard was going to come to Wano. Instead Blackbeard waited out in the sea for one of the worst generations

Is that the flag of a certain somebody arriving in Egghead. OH NO. This can't be good they are not ready for this level.

Shanks with the NASTY future sight. YUCK, that man is worth the hype. Re-reading the chapter how far in the future did he see.

Edit:

I will say I appreciate Shanks not holding back and not underestimating his opponent.

Shanks used the same move Roger used on Oden.

Lot's of people seem to be headed to Egghead, looks like Blackbeard from that one panel, the 10,000 marines, the elder, and Kizaru, and based off that last cover story chapter Caesar, Judge, and Germa as well.

Would have really liked Kid to realize Shanks was there and they face off a bit for real. Didn't really like that part of the chapter. It's all to just get Shanks back into the race for the one piece, but it had been set up that the new generation was going to make waves, so to discard Kid like that is annoying. Maybe he's not fully done in the story even if he's for sure out of this fight, but who knows.

Maybe he washes up on Elbaf and when Luffy gets there he's back, but we'll see.

I like the clean up of York working with the Seraphim and got unpetrified, but would have like to see more progress there. But oh well.

The pace has been breakneck since Wano. Looking forward to the next chapter.

I think thats one of Blackbeards captain outside of Egghead. It may be Aokiji.

Kizaru vs Aokiji would be insane

Edit:

It’s probably just a BB pirate member. Hopefully the 10th Titanic captain.

Can’t be BB given he is on the same area as Law in the new world given the path he took after leaving Wano.

I assume Caribou’s in contact with BB and has informed him about what’s going on so BB sent a member after the Strawhats with the added bonus of possibly getting (a) Vegapunk. Or BB has a contact in Marejoias and told him the WG was going to take out Vegapunk.

Or Van Auger can teleport long distances and teleported the entire crew to Egghead after dealing with Law.

It’s probably just a BB pirate member. Hopefully the 10th Titanic captain.

Can’t be BB given he is on the same area as Law in the new world given the path he took after leaving Wano.

I assume Caribou’s in contact with BB and has informed him about what’s going on so BB sent a member after the Strawhats with the added bonus of possibly getting (a) Vegapunk. Or BB has a contact in Marejoias and told him the WG was going to take out Vegapunk.

Or Van Auger can teleport long distances and teleported the entire crew to Egghead after dealing with Law.
Imagine your the crew member sent to Egghead only to see how much trouble is coming. Yonko Luffy, Seraphins, 100 marine ships, an admiral, and a elder star. I would honestly start questioning if BB liked me. LOL.

Imagine your the crew member sent to Egghead only to see how much trouble is coming. Yonko Luffy, Seraphins, 100 marine ships, an admiral, and an elder star. I would honestly start questioning if BB liked me. LOL.
A smart member just gonna watch and wonder that exactly.

That idiot Burgess would dive right in :lol:

I gotta say....Trigun Stampede has been excellent and the final episode def brought it. I actually like this series wayyyy more than the OG series
I liked it a lot too. They announced a second season of the show so there's more to look forward to. :pimp:

I gotta say....Trigun Stampede has been excellent and the final episode def brought it. I actually like this series wayyyy more than the OG series

I liked it a lot too. They announced a second season of the show so there's more to look forward to. :pimp:
I gotta say…after reading the manga recently and watched the OG, not as quite a fan of the new retelling. It is in no way a one for one accurate manga interpretation. But I can say the same for the original Anime as well.

The characters are all different (I’d say not for the better due to the kind of dark tone). But season two introduces Milly, Legato, Razlo, etc. If I had to say one thing I’d wish they’d inject a lil more is humor. Vash has become such a tragic character. He used to hide it behind his whimsy and light hearted personality. And with Knives current state, hopefully it focuses more on his henchman prior to the final confrontation.

New Trigun has been a disappointment. Not terrible by any means but something I noticed is that they took away a lot of the western feel compared to the original series. I also understand this covers a larger scope of time so vash is far from a finished product but he seems so much weaker in this.

Glad others seemed to enjoy it though.

He actually seems stronger. He didn’t use martial arts in the original series. Like you said, the stronger western period influence led to him shooting but intentionally aiming for non vital organs/extremities.

And then the power he demonstrates in the last two episodes was nothing like the entire manga run. Also Million Knives (which is literal now) are on display in the show. You don’t see him get personally get involved until the end when he definitely wields some crazy power.

I’d just say you have to like the show on its own. Expecting the spirit of the original will lead in disappointment.

I loved the original show. It was a nice contrast to Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. They each had a lane.

Back
Top Bottom