The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

okay i have a few questions regarding anime/manga

how often do the chapters come out, and well as the actual anime?

is there a anime guide on when the new chapters come out?

i started reading deadman wonderland (based off of this thread), i see it is up to chapter 26, correct?

also, do you guys read the mangas and watch the animes as well? or one or the other?

take death note for example, i enjoyed watching the anime greatly, the manga was not as exciting for me. and for deadman wonderland, i am enjoying reading the manga over watching the anime. strange.

i was just wondering how you guys go about it all, thanks NT.
most who read manga watch anime. they go kinda hand in hand.
most major manga titles are released on a weekly basis, and others like soul eater, deadman wonderland and others release monthly.

also most anime adaptions differ greatly from the manga.

deadman wonderland has skipped a few things and added others... its actually kind of a WAY different story. left out the other deadmen and the mask fiasco

best site to read is ourmanga
there should also be links to various sites on page 1.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

okay i have a few questions regarding anime/manga

how often do the chapters come out, and well as the actual anime?

is there a anime guide on when the new chapters come out?

i started reading deadman wonderland (based off of this thread), i see it is up to chapter 26, correct?

also, do you guys read the mangas and watch the animes as well? or one or the other?

take death note for example, i enjoyed watching the anime greatly, the manga was not as exciting for me. and for deadman wonderland, i am enjoying reading the manga over watching the anime. strange.

i was just wondering how you guys go about it all, thanks NT.
most who read manga watch anime. they go kinda hand in hand.
most major manga titles are released on a weekly basis, and others like soul eater, deadman wonderland and others release monthly.

also most anime adaptions differ greatly from the manga.

deadman wonderland has skipped a few things and added others... its actually kind of a WAY different story. left out the other deadmen and the mask fiasco

best site to read is ourmanga
there should also be links to various sites on page 1.

likethematrix and gordonson, thanks for the in depth responses. sappy you already told me things i knew in the short sense, but thanks for responding as well. 
tongue.gif

so in most cases would you say, that the manga would be a bit more detailed in most aspects? just like books are more detailed than the movie versions?

i prefer to use this app on my ipad called comiczeal, basically i can just download the mangas and read them in the viewer. (really i need more sites to dl the files for my reader) just in case i am out and i can't get on wi-fi to get onto the manga reading sites, i just like to have them uploaded to my app and can read offline.

after a little more research i see dw is at 45b. what date does this drop monthly?

thanks for your help.

likethematrix and gordonson, thanks for the in depth responses. sappy you already told me things i knew in the short sense, but thanks for responding as well. 
tongue.gif

so in most cases would you say, that the manga would be a bit more detailed in most aspects? just like books are more detailed than the movie versions?

i prefer to use this app on my ipad called comiczeal, basically i can just download the mangas and read them in the viewer. (really i need more sites to dl the files for my reader) just in case i am out and i can't get on wi-fi to get onto the manga reading sites, i just like to have them uploaded to my app and can read offline.

after a little more research i see dw is at 45b. what date does this drop monthly?

thanks for your help.

^ in most cases, the manga is always more detailed than the anime. take DW for example, the anime left out some deadmen that were pretty cool in the manga, as well as a few other events.

In other news, a live action Ruroni Kenshin movie has been confirmed for a 2012 release. Apparently it might actually be good. Thoughts? (Batousai?
laugh.gif
)

^ in most cases, the manga is always more detailed than the anime. take DW for example, the anime left out some deadmen that were pretty cool in the manga, as well as a few other events.

In other news, a live action Ruroni Kenshin movie has been confirmed for a 2012 release. Apparently it might actually be good. Thoughts? (Batousai?
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by 2sappy

laugh.gif
)
Could be good, seeing as the techniques weren't over the top or impossible so the fighting would be (somewhat) realistic.  It's just the acting and story that has to be dealt with.  Who would the main villain be?  Would they just jump straight to Shishi-oh or stick to the early story with Jin-e

Originally Posted by 2sappy

laugh.gif
)
Could be good, seeing as the techniques weren't over the top or impossible so the fighting would be (somewhat) realistic.  It's just the acting and story that has to be dealt with.  Who would the main villain be?  Would they just jump straight to Shishi-oh or stick to the early story with Jin-e

tongue.gif

thanks for your help.
No problem.
I would definitely say that the manga is usually more detailed in terms of the plot, but loses to the anime more often than not in terms of character development and fighting scenes. Unlike in a regular book, in which the author could give readers vivid imagery and prolonged descriptions; mangakas only really have a couple of panels and pages to work with in each chapter (especially the ones published in a weekly magazine), and no one likes when events take too many chapters to reach a conclusion. On the other hand, animes have 23 minutes or more to work with, along with filler episodes and arcs, meaning that they can really flesh characters and everything else out.

About sites to download manga, aside from the ones on the first page, I wouldn't know, sorry. The app I use (SManga) allows me to download from within the app. Maybe a quick google search would find other good ones?

And finally, to touch on the release schedule of Deadman Wonderland, judging from this, it seems to not really have a particular day that it drops monthly.

tongue.gif

thanks for your help.
No problem.
I would definitely say that the manga is usually more detailed in terms of the plot, but loses to the anime more often than not in terms of character development and fighting scenes. Unlike in a regular book, in which the author could give readers vivid imagery and prolonged descriptions; mangakas only really have a couple of panels and pages to work with in each chapter (especially the ones published in a weekly magazine), and no one likes when events take too many chapters to reach a conclusion. On the other hand, animes have 23 minutes or more to work with, along with filler episodes and arcs, meaning that they can really flesh characters and everything else out.

About sites to download manga, aside from the ones on the first page, I wouldn't know, sorry. The app I use (SManga) allows me to download from within the app. Maybe a quick google search would find other good ones?

And finally, to touch on the release schedule of Deadman Wonderland, judging from this, it seems to not really have a particular day that it drops monthly.

alright i think i got it .... i am going through DW quick, so i need some other things to read.

what are some other ones that are great like that?

for english dubbing of the actual anime, how long does it take the studios to produce them?

it's hard for me to get use to reading subtitles, i guess i just have to give the sub animes more of a shot.

thanks for all of your help, you guys are kind in this thread.

none of my homegirls are into this ... so i gotta get the info somehow ...
smile.gif

alright i think i got it .... i am going through DW quick, so i need some other things to read.

for english dubbing of the actual anime, how long does it take the studios to produce them?

it's hard for me to get use to reading subtitles, i guess i just have to give the sub animes more of a shot.

smile.gif

smile.gif
If you haven't already, you should either read Fullmetal Alchemist or watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I recommend the anime since it follows the manga chapter for chapter.

I don't know about dubbing, it depends on who has the rights to dub the series. I cant really watch dubbed anime anymore. It's just too strange for me since i'm so used to reading the subs.
laugh.gif

We try to be as kind as possible outside of getting into heated arguments about a certain series.
laugh.gif

homegirls?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

In other news, The new episode of Stein's Gate was depressing. you gotta feel sorry for Okarin and Mayushi.
frown.gif

And in other news, the ANIME EXPO is this weekend. Who's goin?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
If you haven't already, you should either read Fullmetal Alchemist or watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I recommend the anime since it follows the manga chapter for chapter.

I don't know about dubbing, it depends on who has the rights to dub the series. I cant really watch dubbed anime anymore. It's just too strange for me since i'm so used to reading the subs.
laugh.gif

We try to be as kind as possible outside of getting into heated arguments about a certain series.
laugh.gif

homegirls?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

In other news, The new episode of Stein's Gate was depressing. you gotta feel sorry for Okarin and Mayushi.
frown.gif

And in other news, the ANIME EXPO is this weekend. Who's goin?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I took the liberty of putting this on page 1 since I thought the info there was a bit confusing. Let me know what you guys think.
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
Anime and movie titles should be in BLUE
Manga titles should be in GREEN
Character names and/or event names should be in RED
Any important information that has potential plot spoilers should be put in the spoiler box (although we rarely need it in this thread, if someone requests it then we should abide.
smile.gif
)

I took the liberty of putting this on page 1 since I thought the info there was a bit confusing. Let me know what you guys think.
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
Anime and movie titles should be in BLUE
Manga titles should be in GREEN
Character names and/or event names should be in RED
Any important information that has potential plot spoilers should be put in the spoiler box (although we rarely need it in this thread, if someone requests it then we should abide.
smile.gif
)

sappy a couple of my homeboys are into it, but they only deal with the same couple: OP and Naruto

what is the diff. between [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Fullmetal Alchemist[/color] or watch [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/color]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or is the anime just called brotherhood and they are the same thing ...[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NT always shows love and helps, put people on game ... love it[/font]

sappy a couple of my homeboys are into it, but they only deal with the same couple: OP and Naruto

what is the diff. between [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Fullmetal Alchemist[/color] or watch [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/color]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or is the anime just called brotherhood and they are the same thing ...[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NT always shows love and helps, put people on game ... love it[/font]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/color]

[/font]

Fullmetal Alchemist follows the manga up to specific point then it deviates from the original manga storyline.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the manga and it is so much better.
This is coming from someone whose fav animes are FMA and FMA Bhood.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/color]

[/font]

Fullmetal Alchemist follows the manga up to specific point then it deviates from the original manga storyline.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the manga and it is so much better.
This is coming from someone whose fav animes are FMA and FMA Bhood.

Durarara is a solid series, it's basically a urban themed anime. If you like it now, then I'm sure you'll like the series. Basically deals with gangs, friendship, and keeping secrets from each other. I liked how well they did the urban theme. Shizuo is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom