The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Naruto was great this week.. Kinda hate how every anime finds a reason to give their main character(s) easy power ups but regardless, great.

Bleach... Weak chapter amongst a continuous line of weak chapters. Bleach has been taking more L's than he 76'ers. Need to just end it, this dude Ichigo is still on Snakeway

Good Chapters from both OP and Naruto. The only problem I have is that Guy shouldn't be this strong. 

One Piece
I'm pretty sure Doffy isn't dead. I bet he sews his head back on, it has something to do with Pica disappearing from Zoro's fight or that was a puppet he was controlling with his string fruit cause there's no way he's going down that easily. Especially without Luffy having a real fight yet this arc and everyone wants to see his full arsenal. Plus I just realized Doffy didn't even try to dodge, but he clearly saw the attack, no way he's going out like that.

Sabo's heading to the basement apparently, so he might destroy the factory, since Franky and Ussop are out of commission. I'm interested in what exactly the revolutionary's are gonna do. 

A bunch of fights should be starting now and hopefully Robin can get some shine finally. 
Ready to see Zoro and Luffy go wild.

Next week needs to hurry up

One Piece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Yooo 100% it was law that cut his doffys head, there was no blood or anything, I'm thinking maybe law wants to take him hostage or get something from him.

Yo I'm not even disappointed in franky anymore since we see know Fuji was there :smh:

USSOP!!! Lol his bounty bout to increase high as ****...

One Piece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Yooo 100% it was law that cut his doffys head, there was no blood or anything, I'm thinking maybe law wants to take him hostage or get something from him.

Yo I'm not even disappointed in franky anymore since we see know Fuji was there
mean.gif

USSOP!!! Lol his bounty bout to increase high as ****...
Law's chained to that chair tho, Idk if they're seastone chains or not tho. Law may have done it so he can take Doffy hostage, but honestly I think next week we'll see Doffy use his power and either reveal a string puppet, which is in line with his power, or he sews his head back on with his power. I think Oda let him be cut easily so he can showcase more of Doffy's power. 
Even if Fuji didn't get involved, Vice admiral Bastille, the squad of marines, and the 3 executives would have been too much for Franky anyway. 

All of them will get a bounty boost after this arc anyway. There's so much going on in the arc it's wild.

Naruto
Wait, can someone remind me how Naruto got the other half of Kurama's chakra from the fourth? I don't remember seeing Obito extract the 4th's 9 tails chakra

One Piece
Good chapter overall. Usopp doesn't deserve all the praise he's getting, although he did end up making the plan succeed. :lol:
I wonder if and when the marine reinforcements will end up getting there.

Naruto

Nice chapter. Really filled in the blanks we never knew were there in the first place. :lol:
It looks like Guy's gonna have his last hurrah in the next chapter. :frown:

Bleach
Plz show me Kenny's Bankai soon. :lol:

Naruto
Wait, can someone remind me how Naruto got the other half of Kurama's chakra from the fourth? I don't remember seeing Obito extract the 4th's 9 tails chakra
Black zetsu took it from minato, but as zetsu went to give it to madara, Orbito took control again and stopped the transfer while also taking a bit of shukaku's and gyuuki's chakra.

Good Chapters from both OP and Naruto. The only problem I have is that Guy shouldn't be this strong. 
Only that strong because he's fully open his chakra points and it'll kill him when the effect ends.

It's not like Madara can't heal himself either.

FMA or FMA Brotherhood? :nerd:

Ehhh Brotherhood probably, the string of episodes in the original FMA of them investigating the Fifth Laboratory are my favorites of either series though.

Makes sense. I ask because I don't think a single person in this world can make a decent argument for the original FMA series being the best anime of all time. I'd say it was pretty terrible. Brotherhood however is a different matter. While I wouldn't rate it the best i'm fairly certain it'd be on a top 10-15 list.

Speaking of FMA,
Bleach just straight out ripped it off. That dude Kenpachi is fighting is like a dude with a Philosopher's stone. Even stole the Elrics' signature move of using the ground to attack, even the art style :x

and OP
can't wait for Sabo to get Ace's DF. dude will pretty much be the Natsu in OP with all the dragon moves.

Makes sense. I ask because I don't think a single person in this world can make a decent argument for the original FMA series being the best anime of all time. I'd say it was pretty terrible. Brotherhood however is a different matter. While I wouldn't rate it the best i'm fairly certain it'd be on a top 10-15 list.
Why? I don't know much of anything about anime, I just know I was greatly entertained by both. I will admit the ending of the original was ridiculous though lol.

Also, would a show called Case Closed count as Anime? It's animated but not really fantasy based at all.

Also, would a show called Case Closed count as Anime? It's animated but not really fantasy based at all.

Yeah, Case Closed is definitely anime. At some point I WILL catch up on it too. Being fantasy based is by no means a requirement for anime by the way.

Last edited:

FMA or FMA Brotherhood?
nerd.gif
Ehhh Brotherhood probably, the string of episodes in the original FMA of them investigating the Fifth Laboratory are my favorites of either series though.
I read and finished the manga before I ever watched the series so when I decided to watch FMA I was like "What the **** is going on here?"
laugh.gif
then I watched brotherhood and was like this is the only FMA anime that should have been made. The first one just went completely off the tracks like halfway through and it was all downhill from there. Wouldn't say either was the best of all time though but brotherhood should be in at least your top 10.

Bleach was mehhh.

One Piece was aight but only cuz it's setting up for the upcoming chapters where the fun really starts.

Naruto was mehhh and I knew Guy had one technique left. I noticed they follow the times of the day so it only made sense that there was something after evening elephant. Can't wait to see it.

Why? I don't know much of anything about anime, I just know I was greatly entertained by both. I will admit the ending of the original was ridiculous though lol.

I found the entire first series to be terribly written, with a terrible and unsatisfying conclusion. Also didn't care too much for the animation compared to Brotherhood. What gets me is that there's really no actual conclusion to that series. Ed gets sent through the Gate to what is supposedly our world during WWll, and that's it. The most we ever get is that crappy movie, Conqueror of Shamballa, which still gave no end to the brother's story. They go on this long journey throughout the series, and it never ends. The first anime was written and developed on the fly, as an offshoot of the manga, because it was catching up quicker than new chapters were being written, and it shows. Unlike Brotherhood, which is an adaptation of the completed manga, the story's not nearly as fluent or connected. Whereas in Brotherhood, every character has gone through their respective arc, developed, and has his or her story wrapped up at the end. This includes Ed, Al, Hoenheim, the Homunculi, Roy, etc.

Case Closed is an anime/manga series. Never read or watched it though.

I read and finished the manga before I ever watched the series so when I decided to watch FMA I was like "What the **** is going on here?"
laugh.gif
then I watched brotherhood and was like this is the only FMA anime that should have been made. The first one just went completely off the tracks like halfway through and it was all downhill from there. Wouldn't say either was the best of all time though but brotherhood should be in at least your top 10.

Bleach was mehhh.

One Piece was aight but only cuz it's setting up for the upcoming chapters where the fun really starts.

Naruto was mehhh and I knew Guy had one technique left. I noticed they follow the times of the day so it only made sense that there was something after evening elephant. Can't wait to see it.
The original went completely off tracks because they began making the show as the mangas were being written, but the episodes were being pumped out faster than the mangas were getting produced so the producers of the show just made their own wacky story lolol

Never read Case Closed or any manga for that matter, but it was an amazing show. Like a grown up Scooby Doo.

Fullmetal Alchemist is the best anime of all time.

You spelled Mobile Suit Gundam wrong.

Naruto
MAN. I sort of tripped out when I saw Sasuke next to Naruto. Like "where the hell did he come from?!" Then it all clicked in my head :lol:
Can't wait to see Guy's next big move. Sad to see him go, but I'm glad he went out going toe to toe with Madara and not some weak ****. He got a few licks in :pimp:

And I'm anxious to see how this Naruto/Sasuke tag team will pan out. And to see what powers he gave them. Does this mean Naruto will have the Rinnegan?????

Can't wait until next week :pimp:
My boy Maito Guy is going to DO WORK on his way out. I just wish Neji wasn't tossed off so randomly.

I love case closed, I just wish it'd spend more time on the central story line. It's nice that since it's episodic you can leave it and come back whenever, but the most interesting thing is the black organization and Conan catching them, but it's so scattered and in frequent, but when they do have arcs surrounding the central story line they're amazing, like when Conan teamed up with the FBI and what not.

Back
Top Bottom