The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Food Wars is a great series. The illustrator for food wars used to be a hentai artist tho which is why you have ecchi, but past that the battles and story are all great even tho the story is pretty simple. You'll enjoy it, especially if you're interested in cooking

Last edited:
Food Wars is a great series. The illustrator for food wars used to be a hentai artist tho which is why you have ecchi, but past that the battles and story are all great even tho the story is pretty simple. You'll enjoy it, especially if you're interested in cooking
You had me at used to. :lol:
Gotta check this show out. :lol:

watched the first episode of steins gate.

im so ******* lost.

I've been meaning to do the same for the longest. I'm pretty sure I watched this first episode before and had the same reaction :lol:

Decided to dive into both seasons of Durarara first though because I can tell it's interesting as hell but I constantly put off giving it the needed time.

watched the first episode of steins gate.

im so ******* lost.

I've been meaning to do the same for the longest. I'm pretty sure I watched this first episode before and had the same reaction :lol:

Decided to dive into both seasons of Durarara first though because I can tell it's interesting as hell but I constantly put off giving it the needed time.

after the people disappearing and him speaking to that mask i was like uhhh wtf.

i'll keep watching it tho considering a lot of people rave about this series.

Just finished the first episode of gunslinger stratos. It was alright. Food Wars was pretty funny, so I added that to my list. :lol:
Starting owari no seraph next then on to F/SN. :pimp:

for some reason I had the urge to watch voices of a distant star again.... **** hit the fan b 
frown.gif

pimp.gif

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I just started and finished "The Irregular at Magic High School" and it's definitely up there with the worst animes I've watched. Really don't have a  reason why I continued to keep watching and finish it.

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I just started and finished "The Irregular at Magic High School" and it's definitely up there with the worst animes I've watched. Really don't have a  reason why I continued to keep watching and finish it.

I got to episode 22 I think and I just couldn't go on :lol:

**** is awful. Been a few series these past few seasons trying to compete with it though.

I got to episode 22 I think and I just couldn't go on :lol:

**** is awful. Been a few series these past few seasons trying to compete with it though.
I thought it was decent. What annoyed me the most was that the protagonist had less personality than a tree stump, something that annoyed me until i read the manga and found out why stumpy is the way he is. :lol:

While it's not great, I just liked seeing the main character be super OP and ******* people up

I thought it was decent. What annoyed me the most was that the protagonist had less personality than a tree stump, something that annoyed me until i read the manga and found out why stumpy is the way he is. :lol:

I didn't mind his personality so much honestly. But I always find it unentertaining when a series is focused on the action with a main character that can handle any battle (I don't know if he met his match in the last two episodes, and I really have compulsion to find out :lol:), and his brother-complex having little sister was an eye sore for me as well.

Really, outside of the art, the concepts behind the way their powers work, and the production value in general; nothing about it held me.

WORLD TRIGGER IS THE BEST NEW ANIME OUT RIGHT NOW, NOW THAT PARASYTE HAS ENDED. I STARTED WATCHING TO FILL THE VOID BUT IT HAS REALLY PROGRESSED INTO ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

IN OTHER NEWS, THE NEW FATE STAY NIGHT EPISODE :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

just finished the first episode of Nagato Yuki-chan No Shou****su. It was decent. I just hope we dont get an endless 8 arc in this like in Haruhi. That arc made me so mad. :lol:

New High School DxD is out now. I aint ashamed to admit it, but its one of my favorites this season because of stuff. :lol:

I didn't mind his personality so much honestly. But I always find it unentertaining when a series is focused on the action with a main character that can handle any battle (I don't know if he met his match in the last two episodes, and I really have compulsion to find out
laugh.gif
), and his brother-complex having little sister was an eye sore for me as well.

Really, outside of the art, the concepts behind the way their powers work, and the production value in general; nothing about it held me.
All that. Too bad the execution was terrible. There was no depth in the plot. It was literally as shallow as a sidewalk puddle. Any time homie fights you know he's going to win, and they didn't even make it interesting at least. He basically was just a god. Has "terrible" practical magic skills but was bodying everyone. On top of that he can resurrect people!?! 

Everything besides the main brother/sister was interesting. Especially toward the end when the other magicians were fighting the terrorists. The show really shined watching non god level characters interact.

They didn't even go in depth on how my man became a cyborg and lost all his emotions and evolved into what he is. Wanted to learn more about their aunt as well. There was so many interesting tidbits but then they go and mess it all up doing some brother x sister onii sama love crap.

Nah, I'm not gonna let y'all just act like Aizen aint back here single handedly trying to turn Bleach into the #1 manga again.
15.png

16.png

All that. Too bad the execution was terrible. There was no depth in the plot. It was literally as shallow as a sidewalk puddle. Any time homie fights you know he's going to win, and they didn't even make it interesting at least. He basically was just a god. Has "terrible" practical magic skills but was bodying everyone. On top of that he can resurrect people!?! 

Everything besides the main brother/sister was interesting. Especially toward the end when the other magicians were fighting the terrorists. The show really shined watching non god level characters interact.

They didn't even go in depth on how my man became a cyborg and lost all his emotions and evolved into what he is. Wanted to learn more about their aunt as well. There was so many interesting tidbits but then they go and mess it all up doing some brother x sister onii sama love crap.
That's all explained in the manga, even the brocon/siscon thing. surprisingly, the anime got close to this point without actually going into it. I'm guessing thats gonna be in another season. :lol:

Last edited:
That's all explained in the manga, even the brocon/siscon thing. surprisingly, the anime got close to this point without actually going into it. I'm guessing thats gonna be in another season.
laugh.gif
That's my biggest gripe. You could tell that the source material was super interesting but the way they produced it was terrible. 

I'll probably check out the manga to redeem the series reputation in my mind, but damn. 

Durarara didnt start clicking for me until episode 12 or so; after that everything starts to makes sense and click. Great series if youre able to stay patient and let the pieces come together over time.

Always thought it was funny that Saber's wedding dress had it's back side pulled up.

Seraph escalated REAL QUICK.

Durarara didnt start clicking for me until episode 12 or so; after that everything starts to makes sense and click. Great series if youre able to stay patient and let the pieces come together over time.
Yeah. The first season takes a little bit to make sense but it's great once it does. Then season 2 just starts piling on more great story lines. It's one of the few shows where you actually have to actively watch or your gonna be lost.

Always thought it was funny that Saber's wedding dress had it's back side pulled up.

Seraph escalated REAL QUICK.
yeah I was like whoah, is she giving her back shots or something?

How would you guys compare Fate/Stay to Zero? I finished Zero and absolutely loved it. I think I remember watching one episode of Stay and it not grabbing my attention as much.

Just started Blast of Tempest and I'm REALLY enjoying it. Stuff I've watched recently or am watching

Shingeki No Bahamut Genesis

No 6

Peulla Magi Madoka Magica

Shin Sekai Yori (from the new world)

Black Bullet

Nanatsu no Taizai *season finale was super good had to start reading the manga because no way can I wait*

probably going to start Asura Cryin soon. I basically just go on animeshow/crunchyroll and look at the cover art and watch the first episode to see if I like it. I watch entirely too much anime so it's getting harder to find new series that I enjoy. 

Back
Top Bottom