The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Hibike! = K-ON! with brass, percussive, and woodwind instruments. As a former Trombone player, this got me feeling a bit nostalgic. :lol:

@Casper FLCL :smokin

Definitely a show that takes me back, nothing about it I didn't like.

One Piece
Damn I thought with Golden week coming soon Oda might not take a break this month. Guess not. It's not that big of a deal. 
For the most part Doflamingo and Luffy at this point are pretty even in the fact they can both dodge each other's large attacks and the ones that do land don't do too much damage. Gear 4th should be cool and I guess it's better to see it here so we know what it does and its limitations now when he shouldn't have to use it too long rather than when he's fighting a Yonko. I also hope gear 4 is his last gear and he focuses on improving his haki capabilities going forward.

I'm glad Leo isn't sure if he can stitch Law's arm back. Jagged cuts like that usually can't be stitched. After as many times as Law "almost died" he needs to leave Dressrosa with some permanent injuries. I'm also happy he finally got tossed aside. 

I liked the choreography last chapter better, but this chapter seemed to be Luffy throwing big moves at Doffy and when they failed he realized he needed to stop holding back. Hopefully with Gear 4 Luffy can treat Doflamingo like Blueno and then the arc can wrap up. Only problem is Doffy has a lot of information to reveal still, although we could get some of it in other ways.

Solid chapter for Cavendish as well. 

I'm ready for the after effects of the arc to see the New World shake. 

Why do I even read Bleach anymore? You know what man...

Starting today, I refuse. Im done.

One Piece
Gear Fourth... :wow:
Also, a thought. Can Bart's barriers stop the cage from closing in? Im sure it's possible for him to do that. Didn't the barriers stop a King punch? :lol:

Bleach
Interesting turn of events. I'm sure that wont last though.

Saw Triage X yesterday. It's exactly what I thought it was gonna be. :lol:
I will keep watching cuz it has some nice "Plot"... :nerd:

Gonna watch the new Ghost in the Shell series today. :pimp:

One Piece
Gear Fourth...
eek.gif

Also, a thought. Can Bart's barriers stop the cage from closing in? Im sure it's possible for him to do that. Didn't the barriers stop a King punch?
laugh.gif
Bleach
The problem is his barrier can only be so big, plus he's pretty beat up after tanking Gladius' attack. I'm sure he could save some people with it though.

One Piece
Gear Fourth... :wow:

Also, a thought. Can Bart's barriers stop the cage from closing in? Im sure it's possible for him to do that. Didn't the barriers stop a King punch? :lol:

Bleach

The problem is his barrier can only be so big, plus he's pretty beat up after tanking Gladius' attack. I'm sure he could save some people with it though.

it wasn't a full powered king punch though right? thought it was mentioned that for a full one it takes a while to charge up.
and can't zoro just cut it? it's just doffy's string right? I mean he cut through steel before when he fought no. 1, unless he still hasn't mastered that

it wasn't a full powered king punch though right? thought it was mentioned that for a full one it takes a while to charge up.
and can't zoro just cut it? it's just doffy's string right? I mean he cut through steel before when he fought no. 1, unless he still hasn't mastered that
The king punch Bart blocked was the full powered one. He charged it up before and during his round of the tourney. No one has tried to cut the cage although Fuji did try to drop a meteor through. The question is why don't Fuji or Zoro just cut the cage or why isn't it possible to? Zoro's way past cutting steel, he can cut that like it's fruit now. So it's probably the strings are essentially steel since it's a Faraday cage and probably are haki imbued as well. Or a flying slash can't destroy it. It hasn't been explained other than they want Luffy to handle it. 

I think for Zoro its just that, that it's up to Luffy to bring down Doflamingo and stop his attack. Like he has enough faith his captain will get the job done and he wont interfere in his affairs. As for Fujitora, can't figure the guy. He'd rather be a bystander than make the WG seem as if it is all powerful I suppose, and he's also put his faith in the Strawhats I guess.

Cant wait to see what 4th holds. Always suspected he had something like this hidden but didn't think he'd use it so soon, but Doffy does pretty much outclass him in every category, so its appropriate I guess.

Fujitora is truly a garbage admiral. Gabbage. Son has been everything short of epic. Only time he flourished was against law w/ do flamingos help. :smh:

I think for Zoro its just that, that it's up to Luffy to bring down Doflamingo and stop his attack. Like he has enough faith his captain will get the job done and he wont interfere in his affairs. As for Fujitora, can't figure the guy. He'd rather be a bystander than make the WG seem as if it is all powerful I suppose, and he's also put his faith in the Strawhats I guess.

Cant wait to see what 4th holds. Always suspected he had something like this hidden but didn't think he'd use it so soon, but Doffy does pretty much outclass him in every category, so its appropriate I guess.
Fuji vaguely explained that the WG has no right to fix this problem because it was their fault it happened in the first place and then they blatantly overlooked it for years and lost the kingdom's trust. Also him stopping Doflamingo interferes with his plan to get rid of the Warlord system if he just revoke's doffy's title and arrests him then nothing happens like with Crocodile, but if he lets it become a huge event things have to change. Plus didn't Akainu tell him to wait until he talked to the Gorosei before he did anything too drastic? Also, Fuji just joined the Marines as an admiral during the world military draft, so he's not indoctrinated or has the same ideals of justice as the other marines.

He should be active in saving civilians though if nothing else. 

Last edited:
The king punch Bart blocked was the full powered one. He charged it up before and during his round of the tourney. No one has tried to cut the cage although Fuji did try to drop a meteor through. The question is why don't Fuji or Zoro just cut the cage or why isn't it possible to? Zoro's way past cutting steel, he can cut that like it's fruit now. So it's probably the strings are essentially steel since it's a Faraday cage and probably are haki imbued as well. Or a flying slash can't destroy it. It hasn't been explained other than they want Luffy to handle it. 

For the barrier thing, i was thinking more along the lines of him putting small, but strong barriers up in key locations to stop the cage from shrinking any further. That seems doable to me since he seems ready to go in this latest chapter. :lol:

My thoughts on Fuji
to me , it seems that Fuji has becomed disillusioned to the WG due to their various shady dealings and actions that have happened recently, as well as to things that have happened before. It seems to me that he is taking a backseat in this arc because he wants to see where the strawhats true intentions are, with themselves or with the people. Plus, he's also made it known that he wants to get rid of the Shichibukai system, so maybe he's letting Luffy do all the dirty work for him. He's still an interesting character to me not because he fights, but because he chooses not to in order to see what happens.

For the barrier thing, i was thinking more along the lines of him putting small, but strong barriers up in key locations to stop the cage from shrinking any further. That seems doable to me since he seems ready to go in this latest chapter.
laugh.gif
I think he mentioned he can only make 1 at a time of any size in chapter 773 Then if he makes a big barrier it has a surface area limit. 

I think he mentioned he can only make 1 at a time of any size in chapter 773 Then if he makes a big barrier it has a surface area limit. 
he made a staircase using a bunch of barriers though. I'm sure he can do it. :lol:
I dont remember the exact number of barriers he can maintain simultaneously, but i think it was a pretty decent number.

Zoro can cut through steel but doffy's strings can cut through diamonds like they're mantequilla.

Remember diamond Jozu and how easily he got washed? I was asking the same question before I remembered that.

he made a staircase using a bunch of barriers though. I'm sure he can do it.
laugh.gif

I dont remember the exact number of barriers he can maintain simultaneously, but i think it was a pretty decent number.
The stairs were actually large barrier he just molded the shape. He later mentions his limit is one at a time. When he had the stairs up in was 1 barrier but it was all the surface are he could muster.

Back
Top Bottom