The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I don't really follow Pokemon anymore but on another site it's been confirmed that in the XY league Ash gets to the finals of it. First lebron now Ash may finally bring the Chip home

That is of course unless the finals opponent throws out an Arceus or some other 100% illegal Pokemon from Sun/Moon and washes Ash

Don't ever use Ash and LeBron in the same sentence again. Comparing Ash to LeBron is and insult to Ash. Pokemon stopped for me after Johto. Ash, Misty, and Brock are like Jordan, Rodman, and Pippen.

Could've made a better comparison. Only real similarity is the fact that they worked together years ago. If we're talking skill then they're not comparable, since Ash is nowhere near the best trainer in the world, though he is extremely skilled and talented for the anime. And really Misty and Brock are the two rejects, not even coming close to him in terms of actual achievements.

Ash isn't even in the games. You play as red in the first gen and then silver in the second. And anime Red is still better. Ash sucks. He's a horrible trainer.
He doesn't even understand simple type matchups. He only actually won like one gym badge in the first series. The rest were pretty much gifted to him.
He has the world's strongest pikachu ever and has been battling for years yet still easily loses to beginner trainers with beginner pokemon. He's a disgrace to pallet town.

You play as Gold in the second game.

Ash is definitely not a horrible trainer and his stats are a testament to that. Orange League Champion, Top 16 in the Indigo League during his first year as a trainer, Top 8 in the Silver Conference and Evergrand Conference, along with the Top 4 in the Lily of the Valley Conference (Which is arguably where they should've had him actually win).

Pikachu losing the way it does is 100% due to plot, which is shown to viewers at the start of each new season.

Last edited:
Yeah. Ash doing goofy stuff is often just for the kids who watch it. Like I'm pretty sure he knows how to catch a Pokemon or type advantage

And whenever he loses on the Pokemon league it's either for plot or ridiculous *** pulls

Like in Sinnoh I think, he lost too a guy who was using a darkrai, which he was able to beat only for the guy to then throw out a Latios. He needed 2 legendaries to beat Ash

Last edited:
Could've made a better comparison. Only real similarity is the fact that they worked together years ago. If we're talking skill then they're not comparable, since Ash is nowhere near the best trainer in the world, though he is extremely skilled and talented for the anime. And really Misty and Brock are the two rejects, not even coming close to him in terms of actual achievements.
You play as Gold in the second game.

Ash is definitely not a horrible trainer and his stats are a testament to that. Orange League Champion, Top 16 in the Indigo League during his first year as a trainer, Top 8 in the Silver Conference and Evergrand Conference, along with the Top 4 in the Lily of the Valley Conference (Which is arguably where they should've had him actually win).

Pikachu losing the way it does is 100% due to plot, which is shown to viewers at the start of each new season.
This right here is what I was getting at

I'm on ep 6 of ReLife so far and I'm enjoying the show. I was wondering when there'd be the moment of awkwardness when it comes to smashing a high school chick and ep 6 is full of it

then again detective conan has like 800+ episodes
sick.gif

bout to start det conan is it good? 
nerd.gif

Completely forgot I was planning to watch a long anime series this month :lol: I'll go with Yu Yu Hakusho though. 112 episodes is longer than any series i've watched in recent memory.

Yu Yu Hakusho should have schooled everyone on the fact that Togashi is the GOAT long before HxH came out

Especially the manga during the Sensui arc and beyond....dude was writing Seinen at that damn point :pimp:

Last edited:
Yu Yu Hakusho should have schooled everyone on the fact that Togashi is the GOAT long before HxH came out

Especially the manga during the Sensui arc and beyond....dude was writing Seinen at that damn point :pimp:
Eh Hunter X Hunter is in a while different league from Yuyu hakusho and I say that as a fan

Completely forgot I was planning to watch a long anime series this month :lol: I'll go with Yu Yu Hakusho though. 112 episodes is longer than any series i've watched in recent memory.
Hunter x Hunter?

Already picked that one for August. :smokin Was actually thinking of finishing off the summer with the last of my favorite 90s anime that I haven't watched again (Well Digimon Adventure probably counts too I guess) and going with Samurai X/Ruroni Kenshin, but Hunter x Hunter is something I started and never got back to, which has been bugging me for a while.

Dark Tournament Arc is when the series started to reach GOAT status for me and kept on trucking. Everything else before then was solid. Knew the series would be an all time favorite after the Saint Beasts, but the Dark Tournament just introduced so many new characters, with great fights and a good backstory to everything as well. Good example of a series that started off well and continued getting better as it went on.

Last edited:
Finished the ReLIFE anime. Solid little slice of life show. Now onto reading the manga, since theres a ton left off

Finished the ReLIFE anime. Solid little slice of life show. Now onto reading the manga, since theres a ton left off

Just went through this exact sequence as well :lol:

I started reading the manga way back, but I lost my place and just never bothered again.

After finishing the anime, I jumped straight to Ch. 80 (I've seen people say that the anime leaves off around 109) and the dialogue, while solid in the anime; is way better in the manga and little tidbits got left off or altered a bit here and there in typical adaptation fashion.

Damn near considering going further back now.

Last edited:
It doesn't deserve this type of rushed ending.
Rip
2004-2016:smh:
ohhhhhhhhhh so you come out the woodworks with your bleach love....

ONE PIECE IS WAITING FOR YOU.

WE SHALL STILL ACCEPT YOU WITH OPEN ARMS... COME TO US YOUNG MUGEN... COME TO THE SHINY OCEAN BLUE

It doesn't deserve this type of rushed ending.
Rip
2004-2016:smh:
It honestly doesn't. We have to wait and see how this is all wrapped up now, and to see what plot holes are gonna be left open. I have a feeling that Nel and Grimmjow are gonna be forgotten. :lol: |I

ohhhhhhhhhh so you come out the woodworks with your bleach love....

ONE PIECE IS WAITING FOR YOU.

WE SHALL STILL ACCEPT YOU WITH OPEN ARMS... COME TO US YOUNG MUGEN... COME TO THE SHINY OCEAN BLUE

Don't listen to this *****

It'll just be disappointment after disappointment

Read Hunter X Hunter

RE:Zero
Dayum... :smh:

Those hooded people bowed to him, right? like they respected him or something... :nerd:

That Berserk OP is so good. Easily one of my favorites this early in the season. :pimp:

Also, I didn't know Diamond is Unbreakable was gonna have a second OP. The current OP is catchy, but it aint no End of the World. :lol:
And we still have a chance to get All Star as the Ed. :lol:

Last edited:
Welp, It looks like Attack on Titan is getting it's second season in Spring 2017.
http://kotaku.com/attack-on-titan-s...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

I wonder what they are gonna do for the second season. If they go the manga route, they will have to do the civil war and the coup, which does go on for a long time. But, based on the teaser images, they might just glance over those arcs, and go to where the manga is now, which is the wrong thing to do IMO because you are either gonna get a 4+ year wait for season 3 or another FMA/ Akame Ga Kill/ Tokyo Ghoul ending.

Can't even get all that hyped for AoT season 2 with *** long it's been pushed back

Also they need to stop releasing the manga once a month

Back
Top Bottom