The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

HUGE downgrade

Screenshot_20220818-222004_TikTok.jpg

First time there’s some adventure and we don’t know what the next destination is.

I used to always read Reddit threads of the latest OP chapters but ima chill off Reddit for a while. People complain so much about every little thing. Just enjoy the damn story and let Oda do his thing.

seems like a lot of people arent liking how Wano ended. Esp with this recent chapter.

ngl Wano ending def felt rushed and with Yamato not joining after all the build up.. all I can say is...

rare L from Oda

only cool thing from the chapter was Luffy handing over the flag. Rest was mid. I hope what Hiyori said was a mistranslation because that was weird.

if anyone wants to know more backstory of luffy, shanks, and uta I recommend watching the filler episodes as they were made for the movie.

starts at episode 1029

how is SAO nowadays? I wasn't able to finish Alicization and lost interest in the series. personally, felt the series ran too long. best season will always be the first one. should have ended the series in that manner. same feeling towards AOT. I also don't care about the series as well.
Last season was garbage. Alicization pt 1 was good imo. S1 is def the best season. It’s a show I’m gonna watch regardless tho lol.

seems like a lot of people arent liking how Wano ended. Esp with this recent chapter.

ngl Wano ending def felt rushed and with Yamato not joining after all the build up.. all I can say is...

rare L from Oda

I think it recently came out that they asked him to line up the ending with the movie release and he tried to do that and rushed things. But this is not unusual for Oda as he puts too much fat in the middle of an arc, then wants to end it and starts speeding up.

Most of thee complaints I've seen besides the Yamato stuff is people crying about the Hiroyi line.

only cool thing from the chapter was Luffy handing over the flag. Rest was mid. I hope what Hiyori said was a mistranslation because that was weird.
Yeah born to burn is some wild **** to say about an entire lineage.

Then I remember in Orochi’s eyes they really were the evil guys for massacring his entire family.

This is one of those things that's always lost in translation, so I'll try to explain it for those who don't get it.
In Japanese, Kurozumi means charcoal. It's also the surname of Orochi's family. So, in the Japanese version of this chapter, the statement makes sense when you read it as charcoal is meant to burn (while also being a dig at Orochi's family for trying to overthrow the shogunate).
Since the average western reader doesn't know that bit of information, suddenly changing the phrase to charcoal would have confused a lot of people, wondering why they were talking about charcoal all of a sudden. This, in turn, leads to the especially harsh tone of the English version of the chapter.
Personally, I don't think the tone is wholely undeserved. His predecessors did try to overthrow the shogunate, which he did, all the while enslaving and torturing the citizens of Wano. So in their eyes, this is all well justified.

Hell, what do we do when someone tries to overthrow our government? Give them a slap on the wrist and let them go back to their house in Florida. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom