The Official Answer (Iverson) Retro Thread

just saw this news that Reebok is releasing Answer III and IV this holiday season.

One in November and one for December!

Does anyone know the exact date and where to get them?

and they call it..."Signature Moments"!!!

Just posted from the official Allen Iverson website:

[h1] Statement from Reebok[/h1]

Reebok is thrilled Allen Iverson will be returning to Philly to reunite with the team and fans who helped make him the 10-time All-Star he is today. Allen has a very special relationship with Sixers fans that have always stood by him throughout his career. Allen has been an important member of the Reebok family since he joined the NBA in 1996, the year he debuted his first Reebok basketball shoe - The Question. Allen enjoyed a tremendous career with the Sixers wearing the Question and subsequent Answer series, scoring an average of 27 points through more than 10 seasons. In honor of Allen's highly anticipated return to the Sixers, Reebok is launching a special, limited-edition collection of the original white/red Question. The first time Allen wore the Question was with the Sixers, so it is fitting that the return of the shoe comes with Allen's return to his team. Allen will wear the Question during his first home game. We know Philly fans will enjoy watching his distinct style of play that makes him the one and only Allen Iverson. As always, Reebok is behind Allen every step of the way.

-- Todd Krinsky, Reebok's Head of Sports and Entertainment Marketing

give me these

review_answerv_34.jpg

answer5b.jpg

Originally Posted by trahe

I want the 4's, any word on them

the retroed a few years ago.....eastbay had like 20 different colorways....i regret not getting a pair

The colorwats that are releasing are the blk/white Finals edition Answer IV, and the blk/white Answer III (the joints Chris Webber wore for 3 years straight,and the colorway A.I. wore in the 1999 Playoffs).

Originally Posted by KingJay718

The colorwats that are releasing are the blk/white Finals edition Answer IV, and the blk/white Answer II (the joints Chris Webber wore for 3 years straight, and the colorway A.I. wore in the 1999 Playoffs).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

The colorwats that are releasing are the blk/white Finals edition Answer IV, and the blk/white Answer II (the joints Chris Webber wore for 3 years straight, and the colorway A.I. wore in the 1999 Playoffs).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Likewise. That is one of the few RBK items I will wear with pride. Just a sick shoe.

i can remember wanting this shoe so bad when i was in 7th grade and walking into footaction trying to convince my parents to get me the red low top pair andthey just wouldnt buy them because they were $100...i mean i begged and begged but they didnt budge....the next year i ended up getting the answer V'sthough for school ball with a discount...so the iv and v are shoes i will always love

http://www.kickz.com/en/reebok/shoes/basketball-function/answer-4-black_white-916801010_8

Originally Posted by dtb00201

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Likewise. That is one of the few RBK items I will wear with pride. Just a sick shoe.
Holy crap! The IV is my favorite. Major question - will these be retro'd WITH the cushioning? The latest go-round was just solid rubber, theywere useless on court. If I cop another pair, I want them to play!

Oh yeah - I just copped this shirt. Be jealous
eek.gif
eek.gif

IvorRoyl.jpg

(For those that don't know, search "Risurch" on ebay and this dude's shirts come up. Always on point.)

I'm not if they'll have the exact same cushioning system as the OG, but nonetheless, I will not sleep on these for a third time. The Answer IV retroflew when retroed in 05-06. Only ******ed sizes were left. But that shoe has a lot of meaning to me. A.I. Scoring 35.0 + ppg in that NBA Finals, and when hebroke that colorway out, I was illin'.

The Answer III, I may cop on super discount mode.

Great new! However, I feel these will be outlet-bound, so if you want a pair, be PATIENT! I remember purchasing the Finals IVs (the best of AI's signatureline, imo) for about $40 shipped a couple of years ago.

3's and 6's?

Eastbay had the 3's not too long ago... as a matter of fact, big sizes are still around on the site.

6's didn't do so well the first time around. I remember people hated that shoe on this board.

They need to bring back the 2's and 4's for sure.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

3's and 6's?

Eastbay had the 3's not too long ago... as a matter of fact, big sizes are still around on the site.

6's didn't do so well the first time around. I remember people hated that shoe on this board.

They need to bring back the 2's and 4's for sure.

The III and IV are relasing.

The III's and IV's were so great, they came at a time that Nike had taken over, and they were a few models (especially the IV) that RBK had that reallysold well. In fact, the IV was the best selling basketball shoe one of the months, outselling any Nike basketball model. Just a good time for shoes, greatbasketball options

Answer IV...
nba_g_iverson_finals_600.jpg

Answer III
81372541.jpg

Do not front on the Answer III. Very comfy shoe. C-Webb wore these for 2 straight seasons.

Lookin' forward to the RBK Answer II. Very sleek shoe.

answer2_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom