The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

Homie from the military episode from season 3 had the thick brown skin shorty tho.

Even though it was a dream.

Man, watched the first two episodes of season 4 and it's just not as captivating for me as the previous seasons were. Does it pick up?

black museum was a monkey.
metalhead was a bear.
I thought the same thing too and just that little twist alone would of made metalhead somewhat watchable if they went deeper with that premise.

monkey loves you!

Just finished all.

USS is my #1.
Crocodile #2.
Hang The DJ #3.

Metalhead had good "cool" factor, but left a lot of questions (A lot didn't make sense to me).

Black Museum had a lot of potential. Ended up being "ok". The last exhibit and ending killed it for me and it lost the peak around then.

Arkangel was just plain trash.

This season was alright. The only REALLY good episodes were USS and Crocodile.

Man, watched the first two episodes of season 4 and it's just not as captivating for me as the previous seasons were. Does it pick up?
Nope. After USS, there are about maybe TWO others that are good. None "great". The other seasons were way better.

why black mirror always gotta have interracial relationships
always a black guy or girl with someone who isn't black
we need more instances of black love.......besides black museum of course
I noticed the same thing. I guess that is their way of being progressive.

The black girl in Hang the DJ even let an asian dude hit, I know that was a conscious placement

I noticed the same thing. I guess that is their way of being progressive.

The black girl in Hang the DJ even let an asian dude hit, I know that was a conscious placement
Lmao she was getting hit by everyone. Good thing it wasn't for real. I'm like why would dude wife that? She was getting ran through.

I mean most people ***** and start families later, anyways. Maybe it was a play on that.

If true, THIS would actually make sense me.. but then it should have been after black museum

i dont think the eps are in order

if youd seen black museum first youd be thinkin back to the bears in metalhead

vs seeing the bears in metal head and then seeing there are people in them later in black museum

like itd be less of a shock i think

Man, crocodile had me heated. Dude AND Ol' girl were dumb af, but esp when her dumb self decides to go on a killing spree.

Worst episode in the series.

My take on Metalhead is it’s a story about maintaining (or reestablishing) humanity.

The world we saw presumably made it possible for corporations to protect its property using automated and deadly force. Perhaps what we saw was this concept getting out of hand and going far beyond the original intent, but at some point, people designed and deployed robots with gun-legs that can guard “things” and kill anything that came near them. Believe it’s a cautionary tale for allowing tech to overreach its ability to make sensitive decisions that require human judgement, and if we enable tech to do so, we’re no longer people but simply other objects in the world (or in this case, targets). There also seems to be a socioeconomic aspect at play, like the victims of automation in this case were hunted by robot dogs, but there are victims of automation today, too (for better or worse)...

So while it seems absurd that the search party was willing to risk their lives for a teddy bear, I think it’s meant to show that survivors of this dehumanized world were survivors because of their humanity (their conviction was driven by emotion, their willingness was the result of their care of the dying boy).

Pretty neat episode, I think. Still at odds for why the affluent couple committed suicide. House didn’t seem to show evidence of robots being there before, maybe they called it quits since their world was so upside down.

My take on Metalhead is it’s a story about maintaining (or reestablishing) humanity.

The world we saw presumably made it possible for corporations to protect its property using automated and deadly force. Perhaps what we saw was this concept getting out of hand and going far beyond the original intent, but at some point, people designed and deployed robots with gun-legs that can guard “things” and kill anything that came near them. Believe it’s a cautionary tale for allowing tech to overreach its ability to make sensitive decisions that require human judgement, and if we enable tech to do so, we’re no longer people but simply other objects in the world (or in this case, targets). There also seems to be a socioeconomic aspect at play, like the victims of automation in this case were hunted by robot dogs, but there are victims of automation today, too (for better or worse)...

So while it seems absurd that the search party was willing to risk their lives for a teddy bear, I think it’s meant to show that survivors of this dehumanized world were survivors because of their humanity (their conviction was driven by emotion, their willingness was the result of their care of the dying boy).

Pretty neat episode, I think. Still at odds for why the affluent couple committed suicide. House didn’t seem to show evidence of robots being there before, maybe they called it quits since their world was so upside down.

Great breakdown. And I agree. I just think they failed to portray that message, or did a poor job of it. I think it came off as a poorly executed horror cliche.

I enjoyed the episode but one thing that made me laugh instead of be afraid was when the robot had the knife. Everything else up to that point was done with so much precision, I thought that the knife meant instant death for its prey. Instead it wields it like
kiss-me_team-america.gif

When it should have been more about this type of lifestyle
tenor.gif

Or at least tried to use it as a projectile :lol:

I would agree about the knife if lil fella wasn't spinning that joint like a mixer and the fact that it could even adapt to picking up an outside weapon based on it's surroundings

why black mirror always gotta have interracial relationships
always a black guy or girl with someone who isn't black
we need more instances of black love.......besides black museum of course
Well Aldis Hodge's character in Black Museum ended up with that fine black woman.

here is an article where they talked to the creator about metalhead...

According to Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker, Metalhead was inspired by robotics videos from Boston Dynamics.

The clips give viewers a demonstration of the robots the company is developing and they look scarily similar to the murderous dogs of Metalhead.

The black-and-white aesthetics were decided upon by the director David Slade and are supposed to be reminiscent of old horror films.

In a recent interview, Charlie, 46, spoke about Metalhead, saying that the ambiguity of the story was intentional.

He explained to Entertainment Weekly: “Originally in my first draft, we also showed a human operator operating the dog robot from across the ocean at his house.

“There was a bit I liked where he leaves the [control unit] while the robot is watching her while she’s up in the tree and he goes and gives his kids a bath.

“But it felt a bit weird and too on-the-nose. It kind of felt superfluous. We deliberately pared it back and did a very simple story.”

He also explained that the teddy bears at the end of the episode were originally scripted to be simply “toys” for a dying child.

However, the teddy bears were eventually decided upon because they were the only “soft and comforting thing” in the entire episode, which is harsh and gritty both tonally and in terms of subject matter.
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...-explained-What-happened-in-Metalhead-Netflix

Just watched crocodile. Only thing good was the ending. Didn't expect that. Kinda slow and dragged overall though. I guess it had that title bc chick was cold blooded.

This season sucks compared to the past 3. Genuinely confused on why people are hyping up USS. It wasn't terrible and was shot great, but brought nothing new to the table and seemed like a satire episode of previous episodes combined. Shorty who was new to the crew couldn't act for jack I damn near had to turn the episode off.

This season sucks compared to the past 3. Genuinely confused on why people are hyping up USS. It wasn't terrible and was shot great, but brought nothing new to the table and seemed like a satire episode of previous episodes combined. Shorty who was new to the crew couldn't act for jack I damn near had to turn the episode off.

I never liked that actress since I first saw her in HIMYM. She's pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom