****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

I applied mine with a toothbrush - just took EXTREME care to only brush about 1/2mm away from the edge where the glue is

OH - and is it just me or did the sole get " stickier " like as in you wear the shoe after using SeaGlow and it gets dirtier 10x easier ?
I wore my V after seaglowing and the sole is filthy like the dirt stuck to the seaGlow breathing out of the soles instead of just sitting "on the sole " like ?
You guys know what I mean ?

very nice

anyone know hot to clean the sides of the air jordan 1 retro

mines all yellow

will sea glow work?

pm me thanks.

AIM - J0HNNYLICI0US
MYSPACE - MYSPACE.COM/PIMPINAINTEASY[/b]​

OK, here's some pics, as promised. Keep in mind these shoes are pretty much beat. I was lazy and dumb and didn't take care of them...the soles were(are) trashed. But this stuff made a tremendous amount of difference.

This first pic is after cleaning one shoe with a toothbrush and ivory soap, you can see how dirty the soles were, then another pic after cleaning both with soap and water with a toothbrush.

Then, this is after about an hour and 15 minutes of sea glowing, applying several times, sitting in the sun...there were some clouds, so it wasn't uninterupted sunlight..and I only had time for about 90 minutes:

Pretty noticable difference if you ask me.

Then, today, I got a chance to do it again, for about 2 hours this time, maybe a little less, several applications...not as big a difference, but still some improvement:

Seems pretty clear to me that this stuff works. Even though I realize my soles are still yellow, they were beyond yellow to start with.

By the way, I used the directions AG 010 posted above, along with the directions that come with the sea glow.

cleaning my laneys to relieve stress of hunting for the black and caro V. can't find none of those other cleaners, so i tried comet.

before cleaning with comet

after cleaning

before and after the 1st round of cleaning

Im finally going to try this. I work at a tanning salon and i have acces to the beds for free with both UVA and UVB rays. To those that have knowlede on the subject... how long would you recommend i put them in a bed for? Lol @ me putting kicks in a bed.

PS i live in FL, its too hot for leaving them outside, itll cause cracking.
israel Chai.

damn this stuff might save some of my XIs and XVIs that have severely yellowed due to age. :wow:
eek.gif

OG XI I.E. low(breds)
'94 Retro I W/B/R
'01 Retro 3 Blk/Cement
'03 Retro 3 Wht/Cement
'02 Retro 7 "Frenchies"

Man. I need to stop sleeping and try it before summer is over!

DJ bana: from what I understand, actual sunlight is best. Even though the tanning beds sound like a good idea, the inventor of seaglow, who posted several times, said it ... and so did some other people that tried both sunlight and tanning beds. Sunlight will give you the best results.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Still think that SG works better on Vs. Due to the fact that they are white clear not like the XI clear.
I SGed 2 pairs of my XI (Low Red and Low Caro)both were rotten teeth yellow/ SG bascially made them clearer and a lighter shade of yellow.

From an email to sent to Island Girl customers:

Quote:
Aloha,
My apologies for not having sent out a newsletter for some time, and being a little slow at email replies to some of your technical queries. Unfortunately, this has been due largely to preoccupation with my wife's illness. She was hospitalized with a broken hip, and then suffered two heart attacks while in the hospital. She had to have a pacemaker inserted. Thankfully, she now seems to be on the mend, once some minor kidney function problems are addressed. If ever you need a reply to an immediate question, please telephone, as all calls are forwarded to my cell phone (wherever I may be) and if the cell phone is switched off (at night), please leave a message. I hope you all are having a wonderful summer!

1. SHOE COLLECTORS

CLEAR SOLE RESTORATION: From all the discussion on www.Niketalk.com, other websites, and our own testing and customer feedback responses, the evidence is now overwhelming that SEA GLOW will restore slight to moderately yellowed clear soles back to normal. The problem with severely yellowed clear soles is that the SEA GLOW has to penetrate all the way through the sole to correct the yellowing. This means that repeated application, and LOTS of bright sunlight is needed! SEA GLOW penetrates easily through the thinner center part of the sole so that a dramatic improvement can be seen. However, the thicker heel and toe areas are more difficult to restore, although "waffle" serration does help since there is a lot more surface area to aid penetration of the fluorescing agents. On severely yellowed soles at least a 50% improvement should be obtainable.

WHITE AND COLORED RUBBER RESTORATION/PROTECTION: These colors are easy to restore simply by sparingly wiping over with a bit of SEA GLOW. This takes only minutes as seen in this movie link homepage.mac.com/seebiski...er39.html.

PATENT LEATHER: We have found that brief contact with SEA GLOW does no harm. However, according to one customer who had allowed the SEA GLOW to soak into white patent leather it left a blue tinge. The blue dye in the SEA GLOW will eventually disappear with exposure to sunlight, as it is overwhelmed by the fluorescing agents.

SURFACE PROTECTION: We have long recommended SILKENSEAL for mild cleaning and sealing of leather, vinyl and rubber. Our own tests show that this product can also be used on the SIDES of the shoes, making them waterproof and less susceptible to staining. SILKENSEAL should not be used on the soles because it might cause slipperiness, especially on smooth, wet surfaces. Instead, you could try our NON SKID SEALANT to seal and protect the soles. This product does NOT reduce underfoot grip in wet conditions. We do sell these products in 4 Oz sizes.

GLUE: Our own studies on an old pair of Jordan shoes show that the sole is made to fit around the edge of the shoe very tightly. Clear soles are only glued around the edges, which is one reason why it is NOT a good idea to lay the shoe on its side in attempt to work on the side of the soles. If so, the SEA GLOW might penetrate the glued joint and dissolve the single-part adhesive. Since SEA GLOW is inactivated by water, we are currently investigating (with the help of one or two of our customers) whether our water-based HAWAIIAN BLUE MASKING GEL can be rubbed into the seam, protecting the glue. Regardless, reglueing the edge of the sole should not be a problem once the SEA GLOW is removed from underneath the sole with some water and then acetone. We are currently investigating which type of glue would be best for repair. We have experience with several marine adhesives which would likely be far superior to the adhesive in the original manufacture of these shoes.

LONG TERM EFFECTS OF SEA GLOW: Extrapolating from our experience the effects of SEA GLOW cause long term benefit NOT deterioration of old plastic and rubber materials. Although the fluorescing effect eventually wears off it can be regenerated by another application.

^ exactly edd247. The Vs are easier the sole of them are just white and nothing behind them; just a white background. Whether as the XI they have a carbon fiber plat background.

anyone have any tips on taping the glue seams of the soles and what tape I should use so it will stick and won't damage the shoe?

Last edited:
^^ there is no need to tape off the shoes. after applying the sea glow simply wipe down the glue seams with a wet towel and youll be fine
Looking For Jordan XIs SZ. 9 Any Color

Quote:
^^ there is no need to tape off the shoes. after applying the sea glow simply wipe down the glue seams with a wet towel and youll be fine

the sea glow would leak into my 5's glue seams if I didn't tape it, maybe I'm pouring too much sea glow into the soles? Or should I just pour sea glow into a cup and use a toothbrush to spread it on?

Last edited:
if its leaking that much you are using too much. pouring it into a cup is the bast way to go. i use a scuff pad so pread it. there is no need for real heavy coats a light coat will work fine.
Looking For Jordan XIs SZ. 9 Any Color

finally had a hot sunny day. so i did them all day all day. every few hours i'd redo it. the results are decent, but i was expecting more. i'd pour seaglow on a rag wipe the clear parts, scrub with a 3m pad then wipe some more on the set in the sun. i saw somone mention about scrubbing with a toothbrush, that sounds like it would work better on my V's(no pics, i did them at the same time and am waiting for better results, but here are my VI's

2it6kcz.jpg

the infrareds were barley yellow to begin with but are looking better, i hope to get my oly's better.

2ninpqo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom