The Official: Doerenbecher III thread, pics at the beginning of October.

Originally Posted by Killajay209

funny even though I didn't get my pair/ on to the next jordan release/ theres just to many good comin out and especially next year so I aint trippin

that's exactly what I did..copped the flints yesterday since I missed these...cause chances of me being quick on a restock is slim since I sleep during the day from working at night...now its on to the altitudes..if I want these bad enough I will just have to pay resell price

some observations...

1. people need to stop crying. NT is NOT a charity
laugh.gif
People help who they want to help. As Ive mentioned a number of times over the months, NT is full of people who 1) just want a favor and will never return or 2) cheap $%^&s who dont want to tip, cover shipping or anything else. Oh yea and some NTers believe there is no such thing as "tax." Retail price does NOT mean thats what YOU pay flat. factor in tax, shipping, paypal, time, etc

2. $240-260 resell is not ALOT on these....like Jed said, 160+tax+shipping youre looking at nearly 200. If a buyer is selling for $260 lets say, hes already paid 160+tax, then there is paypal fees (3-4%) and then shipping cost. Profit of say, $30-50 for standing in line for X number of hours and on a $160+ investment? People who had these early and were selling for 300+ made the real money.

3. If you want shoes, DO SOME WORK. There are always LOW KEY spots that people forget about. I know in the past 2 DB releases, me and a few people were able to order DB Is and VIs on RD through phone orders. good sizes too. Without leaving my home I was able to cop on RD. but I passed on these.

4. People need to stop the bickering. There will be re-stocks. Its common knowledge. If its happened the past 3 years, why not on these? I wouldnt be surprised if NTowns even re-stock today. Just keep calling up NTowns and see whats going on. Not that hard people

To stay relevant to the topic... DB VIs > IIIs > IIs > Is

some observations...

1. people need to stop crying. NT is NOT a charity
laugh.gif
People help who they want to help. As Ive mentioned a number of times over the months, NT is full of people who 1) just want a favor and will never return or 2) cheap $%^&s who dont want to tip, cover shipping or anything else. Oh yea and some NTers believe there is no such thing as "tax." Retail price does NOT mean thats what YOU pay flat. factor in tax, shipping, paypal, time, etc

2. $240-260 resell is not ALOT on these....like Jed said, 160+tax+shipping youre looking at nearly 200. If a buyer is selling for $260 lets say, hes already paid 160+tax, then there is paypal fees (3-4%) and then shipping cost. Profit of say, $30-50 for standing in line for X number of hours and on a $160+ investment? People who had these early and were selling for 300+ made the real money.

3. If you want shoes, DO SOME WORK. There are always LOW KEY spots that people forget about. I know in the past 2 DB releases, me and a few people were able to order DB Is and VIs on RD through phone orders. good sizes too. Without leaving my home I was able to cop on RD. but I passed on these.

4. People need to stop the bickering. There will be re-stocks. Its common knowledge. If its happened the past 3 years, why not on these? I wouldnt be surprised if NTowns even re-stock today. Just keep calling up NTowns and see whats going on. Not that hard people

To stay relevant to the topic... DB VIs > IIIs > IIs > Is

^ co-sign. Dude acting like reseller didn't wait in line for the shoes and instead called and ordered in bed...

^ co-sign. Dude acting like reseller didn't wait in line for the shoes and instead called and ordered in bed...

Originally Posted by riddla713

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Damn, I didn't even TRY to get these and I could have. Ya'll dudes that wanted these could have been helped out before hand instead of complaining. Do a little work on your "wants."
nobody wants to help out on nt. i pmed at least 3-4 nters the night before rd and they all said they werent going to go to their niketowns to cop, but then they post on this thread their db 3 pick-ups the next day. im not complaining, my point is that 99% of nters could care less about helping out a fellow nter they dont know.

But then again why should they? NT is a community shared by those with passion for sneakers. It's not a union. I don't expect those same "99%" people to help me out now just the same as I didn't the moment I registered on this site. So I just do what I can for myself and try to help others when I can.....only person I'll do a favor for is someone on here who helped me out with the SpaceJams last year for retail. I never forgot that...and to this day I appreciate that when I know the average NT'er would've hit me with a crazy resale markup to "help" me out....

I don't complain anymore...I work for my money like most on here do. I have no time to waste precious hours of my life to resell or camp out for any sneaker. At the same time, others do what they do and if I'm intrigued with a fair offer I usually act on it. I don't condone the resale game but it is what it is....

Originally Posted by riddla713

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Damn, I didn't even TRY to get these and I could have. Ya'll dudes that wanted these could have been helped out before hand instead of complaining. Do a little work on your "wants."
nobody wants to help out on nt. i pmed at least 3-4 nters the night before rd and they all said they werent going to go to their niketowns to cop, but then they post on this thread their db 3 pick-ups the next day. im not complaining, my point is that 99% of nters could care less about helping out a fellow nter they dont know.

But then again why should they? NT is a community shared by those with passion for sneakers. It's not a union. I don't expect those same "99%" people to help me out now just the same as I didn't the moment I registered on this site. So I just do what I can for myself and try to help others when I can.....only person I'll do a favor for is someone on here who helped me out with the SpaceJams last year for retail. I never forgot that...and to this day I appreciate that when I know the average NT'er would've hit me with a crazy resale markup to "help" me out....

I don't complain anymore...I work for my money like most on here do. I have no time to waste precious hours of my life to resell or camp out for any sneaker. At the same time, others do what they do and if I'm intrigued with a fair offer I usually act on it. I don't condone the resale game but it is what it is....

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Look, nobody is complaining about resellers that buy 3-4 pairs to make a little profit for themselves..If that's what you're doing then fine..And yes there are a few people selling their pairs for reasonable prices but for the most part, those people are selling tiny uncommon sizes like a 7 or huge sizes like a 14...If you can point me in the direction of a common sized pair that's going for a BIN price of $240 then I'll cop right now..I'm not gonna cry about $70 over retail...But almost everyone on eBay is selling their pairs for $350+..You're telling me because the nearest Niketown to my house is like 3 hours and because I actually have a job that doesn't give me the time to line up for 6 hours before every limited release that means I have to pay more than DOUBLE the price? That's how the game is supposed to be?

If people were trying to do favors for their fellow sneaker collectors while still trying to make a profit for the work they put in to buy the pairs, they would be charging reasonable prices, not $1000 like they did for the DMP when they dropped $350 for it
1) Correction, people are BUYING pairs at $350. The customers set the price.

2) You have a job. You can either pay the current market value, or not. You don't "have" to do anything.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Look, nobody is complaining about resellers that buy 3-4 pairs to make a little profit for themselves..If that's what you're doing then fine..And yes there are a few people selling their pairs for reasonable prices but for the most part, those people are selling tiny uncommon sizes like a 7 or huge sizes like a 14...If you can point me in the direction of a common sized pair that's going for a BIN price of $240 then I'll cop right now..I'm not gonna cry about $70 over retail...But almost everyone on eBay is selling their pairs for $350+..You're telling me because the nearest Niketown to my house is like 3 hours and because I actually have a job that doesn't give me the time to line up for 6 hours before every limited release that means I have to pay more than DOUBLE the price? That's how the game is supposed to be?

If people were trying to do favors for their fellow sneaker collectors while still trying to make a profit for the work they put in to buy the pairs, they would be charging reasonable prices, not $1000 like they did for the DMP when they dropped $350 for it
1) Correction, people are BUYING pairs at $350. The customers set the price.

2) You have a job. You can either pay the current market value, or not. You don't "have" to do anything.

If you wait in line for countless hrs to pick up a hot shoe, you should be able to sell them at whatever price you feel. Dudes gotta stop being lazy and wait like everyone else. I do feel bad for those who don't have a Niketown in their area though.

If you wait in line for countless hrs to pick up a hot shoe, you should be able to sell them at whatever price you feel. Dudes gotta stop being lazy and wait like everyone else. I do feel bad for those who don't have a Niketown in their area though.

Let me chime in if i may..Reselling is not cool..there is no way to justify it .really it suck's for those that are trying to pay retail and keep it moving..have i done a little reselling YES.. when opportunity comes i will still jump on something but i wont be on here telling people quit crying and get out and hustle harder etc..etc. just my 2cents.( I equate it to cheating with your best friends lady..easiest thing to do but causes alot of hurt in the long run.)

Let me chime in if i may..Reselling is not cool..there is no way to justify it .really it suck's for those that are trying to pay retail and keep it moving..have i done a little reselling YES.. when opportunity comes i will still jump on something but i wont be on here telling people quit crying and get out and hustle harder etc..etc. just my 2cents.( I equate it to cheating with your best friends lady..easiest thing to do but causes alot of hurt in the long run.)

Originally Posted by oldsole73

this had me
roll.gif
laugh.gif

phone orders already starting tomorrow i see. good info
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by oldsole73

this had me
roll.gif
laugh.gif

phone orders already starting tomorrow i see. good info
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man listen, if someone is willing to pay extra money then so be it. Shame on them for not putting in work or just expecting handouts.

The only exception would be two things: there's no NT or concept store in your area and you missed out on NDC. Let's be realistic though did everyone think they would be able to order on NDC? But with that being said, pictures came out in early october and they usually release in November. With the RD being pushed back you had 2 months to ask someone to grab a pair for you or to build a connect with someone.

Now if you lined up in the cold for hours and someone in front of you buys 5 pairs and takes your size then you have the right to be salty and complain about resellers. But to be mad cuz you missed out then complain after the fact cuz someone bought multiples is petty.

All this reseller hate is laughable, do you have a "holy grail" in your closet? Is it limited? Chances are you paid a reseller for them and was happy about getting your grail. Of course no one wants to pay extra but make sure you don't have to next time.

I'm done with this #$*@ though, got me in here writing essays and #$*@
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Man listen, if someone is willing to pay extra money then so be it. Shame on them for not putting in work or just expecting handouts.

The only exception would be two things: there's no NT or concept store in your area and you missed out on NDC. Let's be realistic though did everyone think they would be able to order on NDC? But with that being said, pictures came out in early october and they usually release in November. With the RD being pushed back you had 2 months to ask someone to grab a pair for you or to build a connect with someone.

Now if you lined up in the cold for hours and someone in front of you buys 5 pairs and takes your size then you have the right to be salty and complain about resellers. But to be mad cuz you missed out then complain after the fact cuz someone bought multiples is petty.

All this reseller hate is laughable, do you have a "holy grail" in your closet? Is it limited? Chances are you paid a reseller for them and was happy about getting your grail. Of course no one wants to pay extra but make sure you don't have to next time.

I'm done with this #$*@ though, got me in here writing essays and #$*@
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom