The Official Fantasy Football Thread

I pretty much agree w/ the answers above except for the first one, which I might consider Lloyd instead of Welker. Broncos might find themselves down by alot, forcing them to pass the ball for most of the game.

I really need input on my lineup. Got 1 response so far and wouldn't mind getting some more.

Right now, I'm starting McFadden, Wayne and Bowe in 1 RB and 2 WR spots. Gotta start 1 more RB and 1 Flex from this list...

Peterson vs. CHI - faced CHI wk 10... carried 17 times for 51 yds, 0 TDs. Bears rush D is top 3, allowing just 88 yds/gm, 11 total TDs. AP/Vikes have struggled against top rush Def's this year.
Bradshaw vs. PHI - faced PHI wk 11... carried 12 times for 29 yds, 0 TDs. Carried 11 times for 103 yds, 1 TD vs Vikes D this past week who're equal rank w/ PHI Def. Split carries w/ Jacobs.
Green-Ellis vs. GB - Solid no matter the defense (dipped below 8 fantasy pts just once in the past 11 games) but doesn't have explosive games. Pack D allowed 117 yds/gm, 5 total TDs.
Blount vs. DET - Inconsistent the past 2 weeks; carried 20 times for 103 yds, 1 TD vs. a good Falcs D, then 15 times for just 68 yds, 0 TD vs. a poor Skins D. Faces another poor D this week.
Britt vs. HOU - Faces the worst ranked passing D. I'm sure most of you saw what Flacco did to them yesterday.

Which 2 should I play? Or should I bench one of the guys already in my starting lineup for another guy in this list?

All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I pretty much agree w/ the answers above except for the first one, which I might consider Lloyd instead of Welker. Broncos might find themselves down by alot, forcing them to pass the ball for most of the game.

I really need input on my lineup. Got 1 response so far and wouldn't mind getting some more.

Right now, I'm starting McFadden, Wayne and Bowe in 1 RB and 2 WR spots. Gotta start 1 more RB and 1 Flex from this list...

Peterson vs. CHI - faced CHI wk 10... carried 17 times for 51 yds, 0 TDs. Bears rush D is top 3, allowing just 88 yds/gm, 11 total TDs. AP/Vikes have struggled against top rush Def's this year.
Bradshaw vs. PHI - faced PHI wk 11... carried 12 times for 29 yds, 0 TDs. Carried 11 times for 103 yds, 1 TD vs Vikes D this past week who're equal rank w/ PHI Def. Split carries w/ Jacobs.
Green-Ellis vs. GB - Solid no matter the defense (dipped below 8 fantasy pts just once in the past 11 games) but doesn't have explosive games. Pack D allowed 117 yds/gm, 5 total TDs.
Blount vs. DET - Inconsistent the past 2 weeks; carried 20 times for 103 yds, 1 TD vs. a good Falcs D, then 15 times for just 68 yds, 0 TD vs. a poor Skins D. Faces another poor D this week.
Britt vs. HOU - Faces the worst ranked passing D. I'm sure most of you saw what Flacco did to them yesterday.

Which 2 should I play? Or should I bench one of the guys already in my starting lineup for another guy in this list?

All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

whats the word on Floyd? I gotta work all day tomorrow probably until after the game starts so I need to know whether its safe to start him or not by tonight... %%@@!

whats the word on Floyd? I gotta work all day tomorrow probably until after the game starts so I need to know whether its safe to start him or not by tonight... %%@@!

Originally Posted by Durden7

I think its time I sit Ronnie Brown and start Mike Goodson.
I would play Ronnie Brown vs Buffalo.  Mike Goodson has been good, but J-Stew is still the starter RB and looked great this past Sunday against a very good ATL run defense.  They'll use J-Stew heavy in this game, so I would stay away from Goodson.

I would play Ronnie Brown vs Buffalo.  Mike Goodson has been good, but J-Stew is still the starter RB and looked great this past Sunday against a very good ATL run defense.  They'll use J-Stew heavy in this game, so I would stay away from Goodson.

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

First week of playoffs and I'm lost as to who to start. I have one position that I can't decide on, I can put either a WR or RB. I am going to leave Jennings in as my WR. Ok, so who should i start

Shonn Greene vs Steelers (After the past 2 weeks, I have a feeling the Jets are gonna go to the ground and pound, only problem is, its the Steelers)

Malcolm Floyd vs 49ers (Had a great performance this past weekend. 2 TD's. However, he didn't practice today and they play tomorrow)

Tim Hightower vs Panthers (Had 148 yards and 2 td's this past week. Plays against the Panthers who have given up the third most points to running backs. Also, their QB is terrible)
oh that's easy, go with Hightower.  He's getting a lot of carries and it shouldn't change this weekend.  Shonn Greene is a bust this year and Floyd is too inconsistent for me to trust especially in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

First week of playoffs and I'm lost as to who to start. I have one position that I can't decide on, I can put either a WR or RB. I am going to leave Jennings in as my WR. Ok, so who should i start

Shonn Greene vs Steelers (After the past 2 weeks, I have a feeling the Jets are gonna go to the ground and pound, only problem is, its the Steelers)

Malcolm Floyd vs 49ers (Had a great performance this past weekend. 2 TD's. However, he didn't practice today and they play tomorrow)

Tim Hightower vs Panthers (Had 148 yards and 2 td's this past week. Plays against the Panthers who have given up the third most points to running backs. Also, their QB is terrible)
oh that's easy, go with Hightower.  He's getting a lot of carries and it shouldn't change this weekend.  Shonn Greene is a bust this year and Floyd is too inconsistent for me to trust especially in the playoffs.

Here comes the fraud.

The guy im playing this weekend picked up Joe Webb and is playing him at receiver. I swear if I lose this week cause of that. I am done with this fantasy football.

Need 1 out of these 3

Branch vs GB
Britt vs HOU
Holmes vs PIT

Here comes the fraud.

The guy im playing this weekend picked up Joe Webb and is playing him at receiver. I swear if I lose this week cause of that. I am done with this fantasy football.

Need 1 out of these 3

Branch vs GB
Britt vs HOU
Holmes vs PIT

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I'm actually considering starting both Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson together, over  Rashard Mendenhall at the Jets or Chris Ivory at Baltimore, both of which are tough road games.

Since Stewart returned in week 12, he and Goodson have combined for 28 (9 and 19), 22 (15 and 7), and 24 (11 and 13) points. Against an Arizona run defense that's 3rd worst in the league, I think it might be my best option.

Durden, I'd go with Goodson. Ronnie hasn't scored in double-digits the last 5 games, and I read somewhere earlier that Sticky Ricky was asking for more carries this Sunday.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I'm actually considering starting both Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson together, over  Rashard Mendenhall at the Jets or Chris Ivory at Baltimore, both of which are tough road games.

Since Stewart returned in week 12, he and Goodson have combined for 28 (9 and 19), 22 (15 and 7), and 24 (11 and 13) points. Against an Arizona run defense that's 3rd worst in the league, I think it might be my best option.

Durden, I'd go with Goodson. Ronnie hasn't scored in double-digits the last 5 games, and I read somewhere earlier that Sticky Ricky was asking for more carries this Sunday.

Need help with the following:

Pick 1 QB:
Kerry Collins vs Hou
David Garrard @ Indy

Pick 2 WR:
Sidney Rice vs Chi
Brandon Marshall vs Buff
Mike Thomas @ Indy
Anthony Armstrong @ Dal
Brandon Gibson vs KC

Goodness, I can't believe I need this much help
laugh.gif