The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Lost by 9 last week, I would've won if I started Mike Williams (Or if Victor Cruz would've broke that last reception for a TD. That play had me screaming at the top of my lungs
laugh.gif
). That's around 5 weeks that I would've won had I started the right people.  
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That puts my playoff hopes pretty much out of reach, as I need to score over 200 points and the guy ahead of me needs a dud. I still gotta try to get that 200 though right?
ohwell.gif

Who to start:

Michael Bush vs. Bears

Chris Johnson vs. Tampa Bay   <------ Pick one of those

Kevin Smith vs. GB

Denarius Moore vs. Bears

Stevie Johnson vs. Revis     <----- Pick one of those

Damian Williams vs. Tampa Bay

Help me out... Which 3 rbs out of the following should I start?

Ryan Mathews vs Den
Ced Benson vs Cle
D. Murray vs Mia
Kevin Smith vs GB
B Jacobs vs NO

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Lost by 9 last week, I would've won if I started Mike Williams (Or if Victor Cruz would've broke that last reception for a TD. That play had me screaming at the top of my lungs
laugh.gif
). That's around 5 weeks that I would've won had I started the right people.  
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That puts my playoff hopes pretty much out of reach, as I need to score over 200 points and the guy ahead of me needs a dud. I still gotta try to get that 200 though right?
ohwell.gif

Who to start:

Michael Bush vs. Bears

Chris Johnson vs. Tampa Bay   <------ Pick one of those

Kevin Smith vs. GB

Denarius Moore vs. Bears

Stevie Johnson vs. Revis     <----- Pick one of those

Damian Williams vs. Tampa Bay

Kevin Smith and Moore.

Fred Jackson may be lost for year
November 23, 2011 - 12:33 PM | 0 comments

The Buffalo Bills' season took a major turn for the worse today with the news that star running back Fred Jackson may be out for the year with an injury to his lower right leg.

Bills coach Chan Gailey said Jackson is out for Sunday's key AFC East game against the New York Jets. And Gailey said Jackson might be done for the year.

"Fred's not good, and I know he'll miss this one," Gailey said. "Then we'll have to decide what happens from there."

Asked if there was a chance Jackson could be back before the end of the season, Gailey said: "I don't know about that. We'll have to wait and see."

Jackson could be placed on injured reserve due to the injury, which came late in the third quarter in Miami Sunday when the running back was hit hard from behind on his calf.

Jackson is second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage through 10 games. He has 934 yards rushing and 442 yards receiving for a combined total of 1,376 yards. Chicago's Matt Forte leads the league with 1,391 scrimmage yards.

Jackson has accounted for 40 percent of the Bills' offense this season. The Jets' defense ranks seventh in the NFL in yards allowed and shut down the Bills' attack three weeks ago in a 27-11 New York victory.

---Mark Gaughan

first jamal charles gets injured, then I picked up fred jackson, and now hes hurt. guess I'm riding with mccoy and bush, unless theres something better?

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

Pick 1 WR...
Antonio Brown vs KC
Jeremy Maclin vs NE
That's tough but I would go with Maclin that is if he's at 100%.  Gotta check back on Sat if he's a full go. 
Antonio Brown is kinda a stretch. Only 1 td on the season so definitely he's a sub only if Maclin can't go. 

Johnny White is a sleeper for real if Fred Jackson is out for the year. He'd probably end up being the primary guy while Spiller is the change of pace back. Might drop David Nelson for him.

i think i might play Titus Young over stevie Johnson. my bench sucks but Johnson has gotten like 2 points combined in the last 2 weeks and hes still injured

SMH

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Pick 3.

Mendenhall vs. KC
MJD vs. Hou
Kevin Smith vs. GB
DeMarco Murray vs. Mia

And Denarius Moore vs. Chi or Antonio Brown vs. KC?

Mendenhall, MJD & Murray.Antonio Brown.

Any more opinions? I really wanna go Smith over Murray.
laugh.gif

And Moore is hurt? When did this happen?
30t6p3b.gif

Santana Moss is coming back this weekend, just scooped him off waivers. Also picked up Johnny White and Joe McKnight.....I'm on my deep sleeper mode *%!*.

Kevin Smith is a must play if you have him. Packers give up quite a bit in YPC, not to mention what Smith can do receiving out of the backfield.

Miami's D-Line is not as bad as people thing and with the Cowboys missing Fiammetta, Murray may not have a very big game.

Would I be silly to start Titus Young over Mike Williams? I'm out of the playoffs anyway and it's always funner to start guys on your home team, but at the same time I'm not trying to give up any easy Ws either...

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

PICK UP CJ SPILLER
NOW
RUN, DONT WALK
Fred Jackson and Donald Jones are done for the season

I wonder how this is going to effect David Nelson....

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Johnny White is a sleeper for real if Fred Jackson is out for the year. He'd probably end up being the primary guy while Spiller is the change of pace back. Might drop David Nelson for him.
Expound a little more on this statement....... I just dropped Mo Morris for this Johnny White fellow..... 
contemplating dropping Jon Baldwin for him in another deep league

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

I'm having trouble deciding who to start for my WRs, any help is appreciated

I can start 3 receivers and have a flex so that would make it 4 total.

Here are my receivers:
Marques Colston vs. NYG
Steve Smith vs. Ind
Roddy White vs. MIN
Wes Welker vs. PHI
Anquan Boldin vs. SF
i have Quan on my team also with hopes he'll have a big game

Thanks for the advice man. I can start one more receiver, Welker or Colston?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Expound a little more on this statement....... I just dropped Mo Morris for this Johnny White fellow..... 
contemplating dropping Jon Baldwin for him in another deep league
Simple, (please pardon my tone as I am extremely jaded right now)...
CJ sucks...will probably fall flat on his face, the Bills will give Johnny the opportunity at some point this Sunday. Johnny will show that he is the superior player (unlike Spiller the breeze doesn't knock him down) and will outperform CJ....

Leaving him the starting RB....However, I liken him to a Jackie Battle who can catch with Mershawn Lynch "beast mode" upside....That's it, he sucks. FJAX owners unless you have depth it's a wrap. 

At least I have 2 other fantasy teams. *sigh* 
indifferent.gif
...This was my best team though, I was once in the 98 percentile for ESPN Fantasy Prize Leagues in scored points, very close to breaking into the leaderboard and actually had a shot at winning the whole damn thing. Due to injuries the past two weeks (Wes being a bit banged up, FJAX going down for the season, Julio getting hurt, Dwayne Bowe's QB sucking, and Hillis just never being an option for me all season long) I fell down to  93.1%. I have an insanely potent team but without a second RB I'm going to get annihilated come playoff time. 

I'm playoff bound in all 3 leagues but I was really trying to win the ESPN Points Prize League title, 
laugh.gif
. Done.....Aspirations, shattered. My fault though as I knew DeMarco was going to overtake Felix injury or not, I knew it I was going to pick him up but my timing was off. I waited too long and boom Felix got hurt, DeMarco was picked up by some scrub 2-6 team (who is now 5-6 and will probably walk through his next two opponents en route to a playoff spot to play me, only to destroy me, he has MJD and Steven Jackson also), and then blew up.

I knew it and I didn't listen to my gut, never again. Next season I'm going to torture every league I'm in. People gonna think Nostradamus is back and plays fantasy football. I even knew Kevin Smith was going to overtake Maurice Morris for the simple fact he could catch the ball and that the Lions liked the shape he was in (plus I knew he was better because we all knew what he did his rookie year). Picked him up in another league I was in but didn't pick him up in this league because I was hoping Helu would start at some point....

I did this to myself, cool story huh bros? Hope ya'll learned something, if you know something the next man doesn't, make moves. Knowledge and foresight is power, use it. No, scrap that, abuse it....

Back
Top Bottom