The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

I noticed in these new pics. This is a shoe that's gonna split the "old heads" from the "new blood". Why couldn't Nike due this shoe justice like the 1st Penny Foam retro in 07.

The old heads and the new blood been separated. Hell, half the fools who consider themselves old heads are the new blood and they don't even realize it.

People have been saying "what's the big deal" about removing Nike Air from Jordans. People buy AJ13s that originally had 3M without 3M. People go crazy for AJ11s that bear no resemblance to the shoe. AM95s are cardboard. AM1s are shaped like bananas. AF1s are a joke. All these things still sell. The "old heads" don't really even get worked up any more - the outrage is fun but once you've really grown up, you know better. ...Sort of like how Ayn Rand offers compelling ideas if you are 15, but as adult, you should really realize how idiotic it all is, and how precious it was that you were once naive enough to eat it up.

Nike doesn't care about it's most passionate, oldest, and loyal customers because we aren't worth the effort required to keep us happy. "Sneakerheads" seem to be under the mistaken impression that sneaker companies like them. They don't. Nike doesn't like you - you nitpick too much. Your local Foot Locker doesn't like you - you force them to open early and only buy the stuff that would sell out anyway; when you do buy other stuff you figure out how to almost completely obliterate their profit margin.

Businesses like people who spend money non-critically. People like me helped Nike become the urban culture Goliath it did decades ago. It doesn't need us any more. Should they owe us something? It's free market capitalism in action.

Want to know the irony? We built the tools that killed us and thought we were helping ourselves when we were helping them. Places exactly like NT served as the breeding ground for the next batch of less savvy consumers. And, they got gassed off of what the old heads did. So, they tried to replicate it, but it's like writing graffiti in a neighborhood of mini-mansions - it just doesn't work the same. You can't recreate the spirit and the context, so nothing has the same meaning. So, lacking that, they cling harder and harder to the physical, trying to one up one another forever. ...People with a little knowledge are a lot more dangerous than people with no knowledge. ...We dug our own graves. And, as self-righteous as we like to be, NT has plenty of blood on its hands for what has become of this hobby.

And, that's some real talk.

@BIP Roberts great post. Reputation has been added.
What he said 
pimp.gif

My goodness, that's horrible. 
mad.gif

The cats in here will probably account for less than 1% of the sales of these, but hey, we gotta start somewhere.  Unite.   Just say NO.

Last edited:
looks a lil off but that Nike for ya... they look good enough to kop
Come on son, I know you're better than that 
mean.gif

I'm with @Putting In Work  . Don't buy. It might work for our demographic, but because of the times of social media, it lends itself to a younger demo. I never get impressed with an IG pic or some pic on a blog, you can't tell how you really like a shoe until it's in hand. So many of the new cats get fooled by what they see, which is why you see a lot of pairs going for over retail that have been worn (this is so backwards to me). That being said, the crap will continue and we'll get shafted. It's true though, I don't know how Nike does it, but it gives it's consumers short shrift and they still sell out. It's a weird phenomenon. 

looks a lil off but that Nike for ya... they look good enough to kop
Come on son, I know you're better than that :smh: .

I'm with @Putting In Work
 . Don't buy. It might work for our demographic, but because of the times of social media, it lends itself to a younger demo. I never get impressed with an IG pic or some pic on a blog, you can't tell how you really like a shoe until it's in hand. So many of the new cats get fooled by what they see, which is why you see a lot of pairs going for over retail that have been worn (this is so backwards to me). That being said, the crap will continue and we'll get shafted. It's true though, I don't know how Nike does it, but it gives it's consumers short shrift and they still sell out. It's a weird phenomenon. 

So true man so true...

#$%& it....i'm out. makes no sense to cop when i have an og pair to wear until it crumbles.

what truly hurts is that all the other colorways that will eventually drop will have the same problems and there was definitely one that i was eagerly looking forward to and now i'm not even the least bit excited to see the actual outcome.

BIP, that post was on point 
nthat.gif

Doesn't it hurt knowing the ruined your favorite shoe? I felt the same way with the steel toe fire red Vs earlier this year.... :\

Would everyone be upset if they re-retroed the ZF 95, but with a proper CF-pattern?

Shaun, it definitely hurts. Especially with the beyond possible project finally within reach.

Want to know the irony? We built the tools that killed us and thought we were helping ourselves when we were helping them. Places exactly like NT served as the breeding ground for the next batch of less savvy consumers. And, they got gassed off of what the old heads did. So, they tried to replicate it, but it's like writing graffiti in a neighborhood of mini-mansions - it just doesn't work the same. You can't recreate the spirit and the context, so nothing has the same meaning. So, lacking that, they cling harder and harder to the physical, trying to one up one another forever. ...People with a little knowledge are a lot more dangerous than people with no knowledge. ...We dug our own graves. And, as self-righteous as we like to be, NT has plenty of blood on its hands for what has become of this hobby.

This. Succinctly put. This man just described the "soul" of loving shoes if you will.

I been expressing the same sentiment in different threads. Yeah the older heads made it popular, a side effect of our love cannibalized it at the same time 
mean.gif

The old heads and the new blood been separated. Hell, half the fools who consider themselves old heads are the new blood and they don't even realize it.

People have been saying "what's the big deal" about removing Nike Air from Jordans. People buy AJ13s that originally had 3M without 3M. People go crazy for AJ11s that bear no resemblance to the shoe. AM95s are cardboard. AM1s are shaped like bananas. AF1s are a joke. All these things still sell. The "old heads" don't really even get worked up any more - the outrage is fun but once you've really grown up, you know better. ...Sort of like how Ayn Rand offers compelling ideas if you are 15, but as adult, you should really realize how idiotic it all is, and how precious it was that you were once naive enough to eat it up.

Nike doesn't care about it's most passionate, oldest, and loyal customers because we aren't worth the effort required to keep us happy. "Sneakerheads" seem to be under the mistaken impression that sneaker companies like them. They don't. Nike doesn't like you - you nitpick too much. Your local Foot Locker doesn't like you - you force them to open early and only buy the stuff that would sell out anyway; when you do buy other stuff you figure out how to almost completely obliterate their profit margin.

Businesses like people who spend money non-critically. People like me helped Nike become the urban culture Goliath it did decades ago. It doesn't need us any more. Should they owe us something? It's free market capitalism in action.

BIPS comments should be posted in the nike jb and general forums for all to see
This. Succinctly put. This man just described the "soul" of loving shoes if you will.

I been expressing the same sentiment in different threads. Yeah the older heads made it popular, a side effect of our love cannibalized it at the same time :smh:  .

Thanks for the love, guys. But, most of the kids don't care. They're too cool for school and I'm a bitter old guy telling them to get off my lawn. That's how they see it. ...You can't tell me nothing. Everybody is a genius and an expert nowadays.

Thanks for the love, guys. But, most of the kids don't care. They're too cool for school and I'm a bitter old guy telling them to get off my lawn. That's how they see it. ...You can't tell me nothing. Everybody is a genius and an expert nowadays.

Oh bip

I know you love it everytime u hear one of em say.....

"Adapt or die"

Makes me wanna puke haha

I agree. Has anyone else noticed we've completely taken over this thread? I can count on one hand how many people have said their gonna cop over the last few days. Even when the most recent pics came out traffic stayed low. I'd like to think our voices are being heard. If not by Nike by our peers.

I agree. Has anyone else noticed we've completely taken over this thread? I can count on one hand how many people have said their gonna cop over the last few days. Even when the most recent pics came out traffic stayed low. I'd like to think our voices are being heard. If not by Nike by our peers.
One could only hope

Back
Top Bottom