The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Yep, I’m grateful lol

287F06FF-E798-4CA1-A8CA-E3D825378F4B.jpeg

The changes on the medial front-quarter have to come due to structural issues and vent tears via consumer feedback/returns. I really see no other explanation why the whole tooling of the upper and outsole near where the first metatarsal are completely updated from 2014 on...purists are not pleased.

I had the all navy with white outsole pair. I think it was a Footaction exclusive. To me, FTA had the best exclusives back then in the late ‘90s, early ‘00s. That pair I had in particular seems to be even more rare. I never see pics of it anywhere. It’s a personal grail for me. I think it was the first $200 shoe I had ever purchased and with my own money from my first job at the local H-E-B. Got those and Columbia AJ 15s like a week apart for one another. Couldn’t tell me nothing lol. I was a mere 10th grader at the time. Would spend good money to own that pair again.
this was my first pair too. 7th grade for me, convinced my Pops to cop em for me after I scored 3 tds in a little league game. Literally could not tell me anything.

theres a sz 13 on ebay for $1k I been watching for over a year:
IMG_8046.jpeg

i didnt get the columbia 15 but got the black/red for $20 on clearance at Footlocker.

this was my first pair too. 7th grade for me, convinced my Pops to cop em for me after I scored 3 tds in a little league game. Literally could not tell me anything.

theres a sz 13 on ebay for $1k I been watching for over a year:
IMG_8046.jpeg

i didnt get the columbia 15 but got the black/red for $20 on clearance at Footlocker.
That’s them! My Grails 🔥. So many memories that shoe.

Thanks fdub fdub !
That's the detail I had picked up but when looking at the article on Sneakernews, they used the OG pictures, that's why I was confused.
(I did not watch SNKRS live)

The changes on the medial front-quarter have to come due to structural issues and vent tears via consumer feedback/returns. I really see no other explanation why the whole tooling of the upper and outsole near where the first metatarsal are completely updated from 2014 on...purists are not pleased.

I gotta believe it's something like this. Obviously they also changed the actual mold of that area of the posite material, too, with two additional seams in the upper area around the big toe area. Still a bummer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the 2013 Flightposite Exposed that initially had the stripped down outsole?

1718996129564.png

And then when the regular Flightposite returned in 2014, they retained the stripped outsole.

How are the new outsoles in terms of performance and possible separation?
From what I was told, they wear tested the new pair and the on court performance was the same, and that played a role in the decision to not change it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the 2013 Flightposite Exposed that initially had the stripped down outsole?

1718996129564.png

And then when the regular Flightposite returned in 2014, they retained the stripped outsole.

From what I was told, they wear tested the new pair and the on court performance was the same, and that played a role in the decision to not change it.

But why was it changed in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom