The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

The PLM from this project from the jump decided not to fix the outsole.

Redoing the mold/getting new steel casts made not to mention changing the current outsole too was just far to expensive for the project.

I think it’s super lame but Nike is about making money and the original change in 2014 was to cut costs with the outsole wrap change…highly doubt we’ll see a fixed medial wrap outsole anytime soon if ever.

And yes I talked to some higher up folks at Nike and this was exactly the reason.
So by Nike math let’s use the last mold from 2019 but slap a $40 up charge from the last price of $200 for the same shoe.

And Nike heads sitting around at WHQ wondering why they stock is tanking and other brands they could have cared less about 10 years ago are now slowly and steadily carving away their market space.

Reactions: fpk
The PLM from this project from the jump decided not to fix the outsole.

Redoing the mold/getting new steel casts made not to mention changing the current outsole too was just far to expensive for the project.

I think it’s super lame but Nike is about making money and the original change in 2014 was to cut costs with the outsole wrap change…highly doubt we’ll see a fixed medial wrap outsole anytime soon if ever.

And yes I talked to some higher up folks at Nike and this was exactly the reason.

I don't get it. They didn't have the original mold? They retroed them right before. They didn't have those molds?

Too expensive, but you're going to release all these wack *** clogposites

Reactions: fpk
Back
Top Bottom