THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Aaron Bowen says Hoyas are his leader after his visit this weekend and will likely decide this week.

yeah he's announcing his decision today on facebook
tired.gif
 good pickup for gtown

it's official...
We had a feeling this one could end sooner than later. On Tuesday, Winston Salem (N.C.) Quality Education shooting guard Aaron Bowen reached a decision. The 6-foot-4 Bowen, who acknowledged Georgetown as his leader, committed to the Hoyas.
“I really think what sold him and his parents was how close together their family atmosphere is,

good pickup, now we have a second wing until goodman arrives, barring any shadiness. i hope he can give us some good production. seems like a good kid. nice steal from marquette.

dunno too much about the kid, got this from ESPN...

"Bowen is a long and lean wing that played well at the Kreul Classic in December. He has great length and can score over smaller defenders with ease. Bowen sprinted the wing in transition where he hit spot up

jumpers from behind the arc or finished above the rim when ahead of the pack. He can hit the open three when set in the half court by spacing to the open area or coming off screens. He also displayed good touch

and body control along the baseline when he received drop off passes created by dribble penetration. Bowen also had a presence on the offensive glass where he had a couple nice tip ins. Bowen is capable of

defending both wing positions as well. He must add strength and be more consistent to take his game to the next level but he has the size and skill to be an excellent college wing."

I like it, mostly because we're seeing Clark really lacks in going get his own shot and finishing at the rim.

Seems like this kid can do it. Should be a nice counter to Clark.

Payback #1 tomorrow.

Aaron Bowen, a 6-6 senior shooting guard from Quality Education Academy, has committed to play basketball at Georgetown.

Bowen, a native of Jacksonville, Fla., said he made his decision after an official visit to the school last weekend.

"I like the coaches, Coach (John) Thompson and Coach (Kenya)Hunter," Bowen said. "They were straight up with me about everythingand made me feel comfortable being up there. The players are cool, andI like their style of play."

Bowen, who is finishing his only season at QEA, also consideredoffers from Auburn, Providence, Miami, Florida and Florida State, CoachIsaac Pitts of QEA said.

"The whole way they run their program, it's so tight-knit," Pittssaid of Georgetown. "The way Coach Thompson runs his program is sort oflike his father did. The kid said it just blew him away. The history ofthe school, the historic buildings. Everywhere you look around, you seeformer players.

"They need a shooter and a guy that can get to the basket. What wehave seen, the academics are second to none…. Every kid that has comethrough there has graduated from college, and with Aaron's parents,that was it right there. That was big."

Bowen averages 17 points and six rebounds for the Pharaohs, who playa national schedule. He can sign a binding national letter of intentduring the signing period for basketball (April 14-May 19).

"He has a very smooth game," Pitts said. "Athletically, he's afreak. When they measured him (at Georgetown) he is 6-6 and hiswingspan is 6-11. Standing flat-footed, his reach is 8-8. This kid isthe perfect body type, and he is athletic.

"He can defend on the ball, he is so long he gets in the passinglanes…. He can shoot it and get to the basket, but he will have toimprove his ball-handling at the next level."

nice to see he's bigger than the reported 6'4...more size on the wing is a plus.

and they should be up for this one after the prior meeting.

Very nice to see him do well today.

All around good game. Don't expect Free to be off the mark like that again tomorrow.

Nothing to lose, leave it all out there.

sims is still a bum.

how the hell did practically everyone have 4+ fouls
laugh.gif

bring on the orange

Originally Posted by LMBAssclown

"who needs roscoe?" - deadset after hollis hits a three
laugh.gif

eff that dude roscoe...have fun at conn

big things today...cannot wait

Back
Top Bottom