The Official Gran Torino Movie Thread...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'm not tryin to see any movie about some old racist White dude going to battle against the dangerous minorities who turned his once beautiful whiteneighborhood into a brown cesspool of crime.

This sounds like it's gonna be to old racist white people what Pineapple Express was to weed smokers.

Just a bunch of old white people in the theatre screamin, "YEA!!! This is his neighborhood!! Damn foreigners!!!" at the screen every 5 minutes untilone of 'em strokes out.

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

I'm not tryin to see any movie about some old racist White dude going to battle against the dangerous minorities who turned his once beautiful white neighborhood into a brown cesspool of crime.

This sounds like it's gonna be to old racist white people what Pineapple Express was to weed smokers.

Just a bunch of old white people in the theatre screamin, "YEA!!! This is his neighborhood!! Damn foreigners!!!" at the screen every 5 minutes until one of 'em strokes out.
the script flips over, just watch the dam movie!

I know it's Oscars time when DvdScr are out.

I enjoyed this movie, some parts seemed pretty ridiculous but overall another great Clint Eastwood movie.

Looks like I need to check this out. Funny how they named the movie and it's about asians... "I see what they did there"

It's hilarious what Walt calls the boy throughout the movie.

I swear he called him a pusscake, a damn PUSSCAKE.

this is a dope movie. i didn't expect it from the commercials and my girl said lets go see it and wow i am glad i did so. even though its racist, everyonein the crowd was laughing including the asians and etc. def check it out

Originally Posted by truestt

pimp.gif
i love academy season

kb666 aka kingben has been doin work though...gran torino, appaloosa and changeling

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

I'm not tryin to see any movie about some old racist White dude going to battle against the dangerous minorities who turned his once beautiful white neighborhood into a brown cesspool of crime.

Just a bunch of old white people in the theatre screamin, "YEA!!! This is his neighborhood!! Damn foreigners!!!" at the screen every 5 minutes until one of 'em strokes out.

You don't get it. Its okay.

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by MvP07

OMG this movie was horrid to 10th power. The acting, the blunt racist name calling/jokes, the actors. Clint sounds like batman with that crazy voice
laugh.gif
, hilarious crap son hilarious crap.

what the hell happened to CLINT man, downgrading himself like this
laugh.gif
man this movie was ill son. had me cracking up when he was trying so hard to keep ol'e girl distant with the racist remark only for her to brush em off as just that bs to TRY and keep her distant
cosign ... movie was
pimp.gif

sue got od on i was like
frown.gif
mad.gif
when i seen her ....

excellent movie .... clint eastwood does it again ...

i suggest every1 go see it

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

OMG this movie was horrid to 10th power. The acting, the blunt racist name calling/jokes, the actors. Clint sounds like batman with that crazy voice
laugh.gif
i thought the same as the poster above.. was no where near horrid imo

horrid? NO... thats y he is only nominated to win a golden globe for best film score cus of this movie... Grade A movie IMO. Clint is hilarious and a bad mofoin this movie... never ending racial slurs was classic. I couldnt stop laughing when he wouldnt stop calling the girl "yum yum" and the boy"toad".
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

laugh.gif
i thought the same as the poster above.. was no where near horrid imo

horrid? NO... thats y he is only nominated to win a golden globe for best film score cus of this movie... Grade A movie IMO. Clint is hilarious and a bad mofo in this movie... never ending racial slurs was classic. I couldnt stop laughing when he wouldnt stop calling the girl "yum yum" and the boy "toad".
roll.gif

My thoughts exactly. The racism was pretty funny and Clint is great at playing the old tough guy. They could have casted someone better for"Toad," he annoyed me everytime he was on screen. Pretty decent Clint movie. Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River were much much better though.

WOW, this movie is something else...

Outside of the racial comments and indifferences, its really a touching movie.

Glad I took my friend's advice and watched it.

I just watched the movie and yes there were a lot of racial comments but the character Eastwood portrayed was great. It is a very good film and for those whosaw the film, were you surprised with the ending? Also, the gang members reminded me of some people who I went to high school with. It was pretty humorous.

Originally Posted by truestt

I enjoyed this movie, some parts seemed pretty ridiculous but overall another great Clint Eastwood movie.
DVD Scr the new hustle got me taxin em
pimp.gif

Anyway GREAT MOVIE 8.5/10

Not too bad. To tell you the truth I was hoping for more, but I expected worse. So I was pleased and outside of some parts that seemed more humorous thanserious I enjoyed the movie.

clint had me dying with all the racial slurs. And toads cousin stayed in them red shorts. Dirty Harry went out like a G though.

Good Movie.

This movie had better be nominated for best original song thats played during the credits, so out of left field.

pretty good movie i guess. Looking at it for entertainment, it was pretty good, the ending was good, nice how they lead you to it but you could catch on whatwas going to happen right before it did, the ending was good minus one major thing.
looking at it through another eye, it was pretty bad. I won't say much b/c I know whatever I will say will not be well received by many, if not all, of NT,let's just say it borders along the lines of what knowledgebones said, just a with more analyzation after watching.

edit: anyone notice during the scene where clint reads his horoscope he kinda sounded like yoda?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom