The Official help a NTer land a new job and / or help a NTer advance their career thread VOL. PUT ME

i work in finance in boston...and part time personal trainer

pm me if anyone is looking for an internship or something..the program isnt bad at my company.. work normal hours, get paid, and even get some college credits....and they take you out to eat once every week or so....overall good experience.

What type of finance?

I'm a full-time student (Econ Major, Business Minor) and interning in the Finance Department at a large fleet management/mortgage origination company (weird combination but they specialize in outsourcing so it kinda' makes sense).

Got my degree in May, Business Management (yeah I know 
indifferent.gif
, I goofed) in DC. 

Haven't been able to find steady work. I'm overqualified for retail, restaurants, etc. Yet apparently under qualified for entry-level positions.

The struggle is real and we have one of the lowest unemployment rates around here.

Got fired in September from my old retail job. At the time, it was only my second job, but I never stressed about it because dat retail life isn't for me. The pay is horrible and I had to plead for extra hours. Hated that my schedule changed every week. The only positive was the eye candy that I got to work with.

Now, I have two jobs. The first I got a month after being fired; another retail job, at Pier 1. Probably the easiest job imaginable. At this point, I'm there probably once a week, just so I can have that employee discount when it comes time for me to move out next year.

My main job though is a Nutrition Assistant at a hospital. The job is fairly easy, just have to get used to the routine. The job title is extremely misleading. It sounds more glorious than it is, but I'm thankful for the work. I get paid just under $20/hour and although I'm part-time, which is guaranteed at least 19 hours a week, this job definitely allows for overtime every week.

With all of that said, I'm looking to move into the pharmacy or phlebotomy sector in a hospital, while I'm still in school. I have retail pharm tech experience. Any NTers got that hookup?

that thread resurrection , just wanted to update NT ......well i got a new job at Road America , starting at $10.50 which isnt bad , a much more flexible schedule then what i have grown used to here at this current place . mostly excited at how i can move up the ladder in this company im going to , tommorow is my last day here at this towing company craphole , Thank you NT i really dont know what i wouldve spent my downtime at work on without this site , thanks for the support when i originally made this thread .

Back
Top Bottom