* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Overall, I am incredibly disappointed with Tim on these beats. Dude usually goes into hiatus and comes back vicious with some new stuff.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Overall, I am incredibly disappointed with Tim on these beats. Dude usually goes into hiatus and comes back vicious with some new stuff.
You can also blame Jay for picking the beats though, they're not terribly bad just not up to par with other Timbo/Jay stuff. He's probablysaving all the good stuff for Timberlake
laugh.gif

i was watching fade to black last night and i tuned in right when jay and tim were in the studio.. all i have to say is smh. how times have changed...

There's a possibility more Jay/Tim songs were recorded but will probably be used for another project. He's probably keeping the good ones for"Shock Value 2?" Who really knows.

I have a feeling that Jay will be on one song in Shock Value 2 and that song will be better then the three songs Timbo and J-Roc produced for BP3. Venus Vs.Mars is crazy the breakdown actually made me go
eek.gif

Venus vs Mars > anything thats leaked so far
and thats Cassie on the hook.

Idk about everyone else, but hearing more of the songs and putting together some songs that arent on BP3 (BK Go hard, Brooklyn, Jockin Jayz etc)
it is making me want this album more...

we !*#%$ too much, Off That is pretty hot, and Reminder is dope (the hook is the only issue, but its nit picking)
ill wait to judge the beats when i get the album and put it in the whip.

This is reminding me of Jay making fun music again.... like im not sensing a direct mold or theme for this album, just making some fun good tracks, likeBP2....

IMO
DOA = 3.5
Run this Town = 4
Reminder = 3.75
Off That = 3.5
Venus vs Mars = 4.5

take the tracks for what they worth, they are miles better than anything out, and dude is going on with the flow/lyrics etc....

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i was watching fade to black last night and i tuned in right when jay and tim were in the studio.. all i have to say is smh. how times have changed...

imagine the NT hate if jay had picked the first beat that Ludacris got or the one Brandy i think got
grin.gif

All in the selection

Jay's whole theme for this album since day 1 has to use bangin' productions that stand out for the 2009 audience. Music that'll seriously have yahead nodding (pause) I'm talkin' heavy drums, obscure instrumentation, aggresive beats. Regardless if you like the leaked songs, you have to admit thebeats all bang. Look back at the promo singles "Jockin' Jay-Z" & "Brooklyn Go Hard". I'm not surprised so many Timbo beats madethe cut, nor surprised him and Timbo supposedly made an album worth of songs, since Timbaland is pretty much the originator of this production style. Onlything I'm worried about is rappers tend to not be as lyrical on these type songs unless your flow is
eek.gif
(see "Hovi Baby")...so we'll see if 2009 Jay-Z has that in him.

I hope he has another verse on Venus Vs. Mars because that song is short. But without a doubt the best song that has leaked.

I'm liking Venus vs. Mars. Mad at myself for listening to all of these leaks before buying the actual cd. I just found Blueprint Reconstructed and gonnarock with this until release date. You guys should check it out.

Does anybody recall a while back when kanye said he made one of the greatest beats of all time for BP3...........I wonder which one it is?

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

take the tracks for what they worth, they are miles better than anything out, and dude is going on with the flow/lyrics etc....

Uh, how much hip-hop have you listened to this year? Slaughterhouse album? Escape Route? Relapse? AZ? There are Fabolous songs I'd rather listen to thansome of this. Not saying that those albums are better as whole, but they have tracks that are better than some of these Jay tracks ...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

laugh.gif
this thread is gonna take a complete 180
next week. I got money on it.

Hope you're right. I hope I mysteriously fall in love with the album once I hear it in full ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Uh, how much hip-hop have you listened to this year? Slaughterhouse album? Escape Route? Relapse? AZ? There are Fabolous songs I'd rather listen to than some of this. Not saying that those albums are better as whole, but they have tracks that are better than some of these Jay tracks ...

Relapse... No
Slaughterhouse... eh
Escape Route... .no
Fabolous... HELL NO absolutely hell no

Ok maybe not Miles better... but its better than 90%, give or take a few tracks from some artist

after further review, venus vs. mars is boring and pretty wack. let's hope ye and no i.d. save this one.

Back
Top Bottom