pimp.gif
eek.gif

2. forever young
3. what we talkin about
4. venus vs mars
5. thank you
6. empire state of mind

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

I just think musically, Jay had found his "old man" niche on American Gangster. That's my main letdown.

I think his "old man niche", or as i call it his mature rap is shown on this album almost to the same level as on AG. He definitely has thisgrown-and-sexy hip hop thing down, there aren't many rappers who make music that sounds like Jay-Z. As a 25 yr old hip hop fan who kinda grew up withJigga, I really appreciate hearing his music grow as he grows, KC the exception as that was a rushed Def Jam project.

I'm not feeling "Forever Young" at all. I keep thinking about Napoleon Dynamite with that weak +@@ sample. Maybe it'll grow on me like BeachChair
ohwell.gif

I'm here at So Ambitious and I'm very surprised I haven't skipped anything yet...Solid album so far

As Real As It Gets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Empire State Of Mind
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im'a wait till September 11th to purchase the album because of the last two songs that leaked (above) and hearing NT talking about how great some othersongs that leak are. I want to PURCHASE this album... Jigga didnt let us down. Thank the LORD ALMIGHTY!!!

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

I just think musically, Jay had found his "old man" niche on American Gangster. That's my main letdown.

I think his "old man niche", or as i call it his mature rap is shown on this album almost to the same level as on AG. He definitely has this grown-and-sexy hip hop thing down, there aren't many rappers who make music that sounds like Jay-Z. As a 25 yr old hip hop fan who kinda grew up with Jigga, I really appreciate hearing his music grow as he grows, KC the exception as that was a rushed Def Jam project.

Nah, I feel you on the maturity thing...I'm 29, "old" by NT standards. I'm not talking about the content, I just prefer the instrumentationon AG. From the record to the stage, its almost a seamless transition.

Back
Top Bottom