**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

figaro spacing applied to styles other than curb and open is dope. sorry if rp

sorry if repost-- the 18 inch herringbone looking like MJ in the 85 dunk contest. that cant be more than what, 7 or 8 grams? should pick one up for the summer 

i read somewhere that a lot of 'made in italy' 14k has an added plating of 18 or 24k to give it that rich gold look that 18k or 22k would have. Anybody ever heard of this? Ive seen some 14k with that type of orange yellow tone; i assumed the particular manufacturer's alloy was orangeish rather than amberish, but now im wondering if they use 24k plating.

Daniel has a process where they electroplate their 14k chains to look like they are 18k. It makes 'em darker.

figaro spacing applied to styles other than curb and open is dope. sorry if rp

sorry if repost-- the 18 inch herringbone looking like MJ in the 85 dunk contest. that cant be more than what, 7 or 8 grams? should pick one up for the summer 

Whoever that is, dude's whole jewelry game is trash. Someone needs to bust out with a thick heavy figaro link tho. :smokin

Last edited:

i read somewhere that a lot of 'made in italy' 14k has an added plating of 18 or 24k to give it that rich gold look that 18k or 22k would have. Anybody ever heard of this? Ive seen some 14k with that type of orange yellow tone; i assumed the particular manufacturer's alloy was orangeish rather than amberish, but now im wondering if they use 24k plating.
Daniel has a process where they electroplate their 14k chains to look like they are 18k. It makes 'em darker.
yep.

Question--anybody ever clean 14k with ammonia and water?

Got a vintage rope that has a nice sparkle when the light catches it, but in the shadow it looks much more brown then id like. I soaked it in hot water and dish soap, but im wondering if another cleaning solution will give me that yellow color as opposed to an amber color. Would an ammonia and water bath get that bright yellow look? It could just be a dark alloy but it seems too dark

Got a vintage rope that has a nice sparkle when the light catches it, but in the shadow it looks much more brown then id like. I soaked it in hot water and dish soap, but im wondering if another cleaning solution will give me that yellow color as opposed to an amber color. Would an ammonia and water bath get that bright yellow look? It could just be a dark alloy but it seems too dark

No, that will damage the metal. When I clean my gold jewelry, I use aqua regia. Make sure you wear gloves when handling the solution though and it is probably best to wear closed toe shoes and safety goggles.

Clean it with instant sneaker cleaner...it melts da grime & grease right off.

Use da penguin brand one.

you should use a dremel polisher and then clean with dish soap.

It will make your jewelry shine like crazy

Last edited:
where should you go if you want a byzantine chain? Daniel has sick prices but he only does Cubans and I don't want to limit myself to the option of a Cuban only because his prices are to damn good. Any other good places I can go to for proper prices on gold chains? A link as to the style I am looking for.

http://www.avianneandco.com/14k-yellow-gold-mens-byzantine-chain-26-3-mm.html

EDIT: I just checked traxnyc and they have a better price but I have read some **** reviews on them, does anyone have any solid experience with this company?

http://www.traxnyc.com/Mens-Chains-...-22-Inches-3mm-42.8-Grams-as_2-item32172.html

Last edited:
where should you go if you want a byzantine chain? Daniel has sick prices but he only does Cubans and I don't want to limit myself to the option of a Cuban only because his prices are to damn good. Any other good places I can go to for proper prices on gold chains? A link as to the style I am looking for.

http://www.avianneandco.com/14k-yellow-gold-mens-byzantine-chain-26-3-mm.html

EDIT: I just checked traxnyc and they have a better price but I have read some **** reviews on them, does anyone have any solid experience with this company?

http://www.traxnyc.com/Mens-Chains-...-22-Inches-3mm-42.8-Grams-as_2-item32172.html
Gotta ask upstate hustla about trax

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom