**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I remember reading in an article, or it may have been that jewelry book, that GFK made Steve Rifkind buy him that Jesus for 6 or 7k to sign a record deal.

Boxer Amir Khan:

Last edited:
Wow at a jesus piece taking 50 days and $7800 back then...

P

50 diamonds, not 50 days. Those pics are from when gold was around $300 an ounce, so imagine how much those pieces would cost now. That GFK Jesus is around 5" tall and solid too. All of those pieces were mall jewelry, which is all there really was back then. You could get the same pendants in any mall kiosk or small jewelry store from Manhattan to San Diego to Atlanta. You could also get a crazy dope piece and chain for like 5k in 14 carat. I remember stores would carry 300 gram pendants and 15-20mm cubans and rolex chains like it was nothing. I know Ninja, BigL and any other 80s babies in here all remember those days fondly like I do.Times have changed. :smh:

Last edited:

P

50 diamonds, not 50 days. Those pics are from when gold was around $300 an ounce, so imagine how much those pieces would cost now. That GFK Jesus is around 5" tall and solid too. All of those pieces were mall jewelry, which is all there really was back then. You could get the same pendants in any mall kiosk or small jewelry store from Manhattan to San Diego to Atlanta. You could also get a crazy dope piece and chain for like 5k in 14 carat. I remember stores would carry 300 gram pendants and 15-20mm cubans and rolex chains like it was nothing. I know Ninja, BigL and any other 80s babies in here all remember those days fondly like I do.Times have changed.
mean.gif
tired.gif
word...

and yea that ghost face killah jesus piece was life sized posted in da catalog..and it was LARGE, and he said you can get it

completely solid.. im actually looking for that

famed big pun jesus piece with da halo, as a plan B just in case da loon piece doesn't pan out

because im DEAD serious about copping this **** before da end of da year...

P

50 diamonds, not 50 days. Those pics are from when gold was around $300 an ounce, so imagine how much those pieces would cost now. That GFK Jesus is around 5" tall and solid too. All of those pieces were mall jewelry, which is all there really was back then. You could get the same pendants in any mall kiosk or small jewelry store from Manhattan to San Diego to Atlanta. You could also get a crazy dope piece and chain for like 5k in 14 carat. I remember stores would carry 300 gram pendants and 15-20mm cubans and rolex chains like it was nothing. I know Ninja, BigL and any other 80s babies in here all remember those days fondly like I do.Times have changed. :smh:

|I word...

and yea that ghost face killah jesus piece was life sized posted in da catalog..and it was LARGE, and he said you can get it

completely solid.. im actually looking for that

famed big pun jesus piece with da halo, as a plan B just in case da loon piece doesn't pan out

because im DEAD serious about copping this **** before da end of da year...

What did he price that GFK Jesus at today? Once you find out that they sold that Loon piece two years ago, you should get LAX to reproduce that Camron Mary piece, joint would be fuego. :smokin

i think i like the gfk version of the jesus piece more than the tito/jacob variety. if it got cleaned up/modernized it could be perfect.

i think i like the gfk version of the jesus piece more than the tito/jacob variety. if it got cleaned up/modernized it could be perfect.

What would you change about it?

don't know exactly what id want to change, would have to think about it for a minute.

but imo the strength of the gfk piece is the detail on the face/beard/neck but im not crazy about the diamond cut hair or the amount/width of the hair. id like it to be a lil more of a mix between jacob/tito diamond hair and how it is on the gfk piece since the hair on it seems more realistic. might change up the bail. and i don't know if its just the pic or what bit the gold looks like that brushed/matte looking type and im not too crazy about that.

i know this aint the most official piece but i like the detail on the face/beard/neck on this joint too.

Last edited:
i like because its actually 3D. its not flat like da pieces these days have turned into...notice da chin

Ghostface_Killah-Album-hhdx.jpg

Last edited:
Whats so great about that mold? That was like the official mold for bang bangs. I'm not ashamed to admit I used to own one made of silver and Czs when I was a teenager. Looking back I don't think it was that appealing. :lol:

i like because its actually 3D. its not flat like da pieces these days have turned into...notice da chin

So how much he quote you on the reproduction?

Couple of variables.. Carat purity (14k-18k), and if i wanted

It solid or hollow wit a soldered closed back or "gallery"

Quit being mysterious and tell us the price.

Im not being coy, remember this piece been outta

Production for a decade plus so its made to order.

Da more you pile on to it da more it effects da price.

Whats so great about that mold? That was like the official mold for bang bangs. I'm not ashamed to admit I used to own one made of silver and Czs when I was a teenager. Looking back I don't think it was that appealing. :lol:

You are right. That's why I said it's the official mall jewelry mold style. Still classic. I like it cause its bigger than the Jacob and Tito. At that size, even if it isn't solid, it has to be 170 grams. Probably 300-400 if solid. For the price you will pay for it, you could get a custom mold though.

So how much he quote you on the reproduction?

Couple of variables.. Carat purity (14k-18k), and if i wanted

It solid or hollow wit a soldered closed back or "gallery"

Quit being mysterious and tell us the price.

Im not being coy, remember this piece been outta

Production for a decade plus so its made to order.

Da more you pile on to it da more it effects da price.

So dude didn't give you a general price range? Everything is made to order these days. Not many people have big gold pendants just laying around to be picked up. If I call Icee Fresh, LAX, Jacob or Icebox up right now for a Jesus, they are going to have to make it and it will take at least two weeks.

You can get a good glimpse of it and gauge its size in this video:

I forgot RZA had that fresh *** angel piece too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom