**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

lets keep it all da way funky & perspective folks, if it was that serious about me getting da piece as soon as possible i could've sold a couple

of my kicks, but thats too easy and wack, i put myself in a position to get BIGGER money for da long term and NOT

sacrifice my flyness ..i just dropped nearly 2 grand

just on my truck license, and i BLEW 2 and 1/2 grand in 48 hours after a lil come up..i dont like to boast too much, but da fact

that im in a position to even drop 10 grand or so on something as superficial as a diamond flooded jacob jesus is something i can

only thank god and feel blessed about..da question about it should NEVER be about IF imma get it, but WHEN... keep that in mind.

That's what's up man. I remember your posts before about things going good for you recently so I figured if things keep going the way they are plus a drop in gold prices, you definitely going to get that piece sooner rather than later.

b052382abe6611e28b4622000a9e2975_7.jpg

da way OG's used to rock out...

So a few pages ago, some folks here were saying a lot of the work is done in China or Hong Kong. So in theory, if we order directly from them we can get stuff for nearly scrap price? :nerd:

Last edited:
So a few pages ago, some folks here were saying a lot of the work is done in China or Hong Kong. So in theory, if we order directly from them we can get stuff for nearly scrap price? :nerd:

Da labor is outsourced...not da material, although

U can buy gold bullion for market price.

Da labor is outsourced...not da material, although

U can buy gold bullion for market price.

Yeah. You can get them to do the work(diamond setting and molding/casting), if you know the right people. But you have to supply the diamonds and gold.

Yeah. You can get them to do the work(diamond setting and molding/casting), if you know the right people. But you have to supply the diamonds and gold.

I swear if the gold price was lower I'd pitch you guys to do a group buy on Cuban links. I'm sure someone has the hookup overseas.

It shouldn't be hard for just gold chains. They can get the gold anywhere. The difficult part might be the customs declarations and minimum order quantity.

I swear if the gold price was lower I'd pitch you guys to do a group buy on Cuban links. I'm sure someone has the hookup overseas.

Just give it some time. The economy is getting better and people are taking money out of gold and putting it into stocks. Gold may be at $1000 at 6 months to a year from now.

Back in 2009...

The Original Man piece...

So a while back (about a year ago) i was approached by Nate, a guy ive done quite a bit of work for in the past. He had this idea for a new jewelry piece that he wanted made. He wanted the classic hip hop staple, the Jesus piece, but with his own twist on it. He wanted HIS jesus to be portrayed as a black man, not the typical white version. So i said "no problem" and got started sketching.

This was the first rough sketch, to show Nate what i was thinking. It ended up being pretty damn close to what he wanted. So we proceeded to finish up a tight, final, digital mockup.
Jesus+sketch+1.jpg

They got to work on the wax mold, and after a whole bunch of slight, subtle revisions, this was the final mold.
Wax+Mold+2-5.JPG

Wax+Mold+3-2.jpg

From there they go ahead and cast it in 14k white gold. This is the rough stage, directly after the casting.
Gold+Mold+2.jpg

From there, they polish it up, and start setting the stones. After 900 or so diamonds are set, this is what you end up with.

These are the final pics.

OG+Jesus+Final+4.jpg

(The yellow jesus in this pic is the one made famous by Jacob the Jeweler. Its the most coveted and famous piece for hip hop heads that want a jesus piece. As you can see, ours is quite a bit bigger and much more detailed)
OG+Jesus+Final+7.jpg

Gold+with+ice+5-2.jpg

OG+Jesus+Final+2.jpg

Gold+with+ice+5-1.jpg

These are the final specs of the piece, taken from Bens Blog, where its also posted.

jewelry specs:
TOTAL WEIGHT IN GOLD: 200 GRAMS 14K
TOTAL DIAMOND WEIGHT: 20.9 CARATS OF ALL VS1 DIAMONDS (APPROX 900+ DIAMONDS)
HEIGHT OF PIECE: 4.5"

Also, this past weekend i was in Southern California for business, but decided to stay a couple of extra days to hang out with a couple of buddies (ill post about that later). So we went down to the Slauson, checked out the If&Co store and spoke with Steve a little bit. He pulled the piece out of the safe in the back, so i could see it in person.

So this is a candid pic my man Yong snapped when we were checking it out.
009.JPG

The drawing looks good. The end product...not so much.

Jacob & Company Diamond Cross Pendant
Total diamond weight 12.50ct
Color D-Clarity - VVS 1 Cut - Baguettes and Round Diamonds
18k White Gold 3.25" Tall x 2.25" wide(size does NOT include the bale .80 tall)
8mm thick
44.7 grams

Not a bad idea. Not sure if this is true but I have heard of Cubans and different chains being mass produced and sold on spools. There's also the option of buying Pamp Bars in a group buy.

Back
Top Bottom