**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Meek's either gonna go broke soon or we'll see some articles pop up about lawsuits for not paying the jewelry on time.

Either way he'll end up broke the way he's overspending.

you guys know you can download creo parametric cad 2.0 for free the student version from their site, but its like 4 gb file

I highly doubt any jeweler is gonna make a micro jesus piece in silver and charge less than 300. Unless someone hits up Lax of JFK and see if they would do it for less, but I doubt they'll go thru the labor for a couple hundred.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-JESUS...510129247262&hash=item4ac64d5ee4#ht_394wt_924

If you want a cheap micro jesus piece and don't care the material. Here you go. $50.00. Mold isnt as perfect as IF&Co. but it's a micro, these things are tiny and you'd have to look up close to see detail.

saw that and no thanks, if im wearing gold its gonna be real.

if they made a stainless steel version then id consider it.

saw that and no thanks, if im wearing gold its gonna be real.

if they made a stainless steel version then id consider it.
why?

because i rock two religious chains which are stainless that were bought from a church. i wouldnt mind a 3rd to go along with them.

i want a gold micro but will eventually get one down the line when i retire these two. but ill def be picking up a micro silver soon, just wanted some more real life pics. hope they come through with them

seen someone sent me a pm asking for the link to the cad program, but if you check out this http://www.ptc.com/company/community/download/

you must have a valid university email, confirming you are a student and if so you got a top of the line program thats used through out the engineering community for stuff like washers, nuts, bolts, rims, cars, and anything you can think of

Not sure if these been posted...

HOW DO YOU ALL DEAL WITH THE NECESSITY OF HAVING WHITE METAL JEWELRY TO MATCH YOUR WATCHES, CLOTHES, ETC????? WHITE GOLD OR PLATINUM?

I have had a hard time even finding platinum chains online or on ebay. Getting platinum chains instead of white gold is intriguing to me; as an 80s baby platinum was the thing to be rocking by the time i was like 12 or whatever. So yellow gold i associate with the crack era golden age we came up in, and then platinum is like the metal of the adolescent years

THE PLATINUM VS WHITE GOLD COMPETITION IS ALSO SOMETHING I WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ON.

Ive heard that, since rhodium plating became standard for white gold, the quality of white gold alloys has decreased and the alloys are yellower than in the past, because the rhodium covers it up anyway. but then supposedly the rhodium wears off and needs to be replated. which raises the question why even rock gold if it covered? you could just rock silver with rhodium plating if the rhodium is on the surface anyway. ALSO, i am under the impression that non-rhodium plated silver alloys are better than ever as far as color.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY THINK? I DONT WANT TO BE LOOKING LIKE A BAMA WITH A STAINLESS STEEL WATCH BAND BUT A YELLOW GOLD CHAIN--I THINK THIS WHITE JEWELRY IS NEEDED BUT IT DOESNT GET DISCUSSED AS MUCH IN HERE BECAUSE YELLOW GOLDS BEEN SO HOT THE LAST FEW YEARS

Last edited:
#318 is the joint. ive seen that in silver but not gold. I wonder how chunky it is--i want a 3d chunky jesus like that

I tried paying someone for a wax mold of their Jacob Jesus but unfortunately the thorn crown joint is a two piece Jesus. So a lot more labor than just molding it. You'd have to seperate and resolder the piece together. Def wasn't worth it. A kufi joint might be more doable tho.

I tried paying someone for a wax mold of their Jacob Jesus but unfortunately the thorn crown joint is a two piece Jesus. So a lot more labor than just molding it. You'd have to seperate and resolder the piece together. Def wasn't worth it. A kufi joint might be more doable tho.
i thought i told ****** this a LONG TIME AGO...

da top of da head is removable and you either add da kufi or da crown of thorn.

Wear whatever you want geez. Some of you are some Divas.
Haha i hear you my man. Seems like too many people wearing what they think other people want them to be wearing when i survey the jewelry game and see the lack of diversity.

but no need to get all surly my man. its a jewelry thread im talking jewelry. but yeh the first half of my post was nonsense. ill go edit that out cause its taking away from the main platinum vs white gold question

HOW DO YOU ALL DEAL WITH THE NECESSITY OF HAVING WHITE METAL JEWELRY TO MATCH YOUR WATCHES, CLOTHES, ETC????? WHITE GOLD OR PLATINUM?

I have had a hard time even finding platinum chains online or on ebay. Getting platinum chains instead of white gold is intriguing to me; as an 80s baby platinum was the thing to be rocking by the time i was like 12 or whatever. So yellow gold i associate with the crack era golden age we came up in, and then platinum is like the metal of the adolescent years

THE PLATINUM VS WHITE GOLD COMPETITION IS ALSO SOMETHING I WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ON.

Ive heard that, since rhodium plating became standard for white gold, the quality of white gold alloys has decreased and the alloys are yellower than in the past, because the rhodium covers it up anyway. but then supposedly the rhodium wears off and needs to be replated. which raises the question why even rock gold if it covered? you could just rock silver with rhodium plating if the rhodium is on the surface anyway. ALSO, i am under the impression that non-rhodium plated silver alloys are better than ever as far as color.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY THINK? I DONT WANT TO BE LOOKING LIKE A BAMA WITH A STAINLESS STEEL WATCH BAND BUT A YELLOW GOLD CHAIN--I THINK THIS WHITE JEWELRY IS NEEDED BUT IT DOESNT GET DISCUSSED AS MUCH IN HERE BECAUSE YELLOW GOLDS BEEN SO HOT THE LAST FEW YEARS

I've been thinking about this as well. I want to do a real small setup with platinum and a white gold diamond cross. Something I can wear with a suit if I wanted to.

White gold needs to be replated every 6 months.

i thought i told ****** this a LONG TIME AGO...

da top of da head is removable and you either add da kufi or da crown of thorn.

It's not the top of the head. The whole head is one piece. It's the actual crown. The crown is soldered on the side of the head kinda at the temples to the head.

I've been thinking about this as well. I want to do a real small setup with platinum and a white gold diamond cross. Something I can wear with a suit if I wanted to.

White gold needs to be replated every 6 months.
damn, every 6 months? thats crazy

would you do the chain in white gold cause that would make the diamonds pop more? (im assuming rhodium plated white gold would shine harder than platinum)

i've been looking for platinum chains online but havent found much...

Back
Top Bottom