**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I want a bracelet so bad, but I feel like I need a designer watch first. Is rocking a $1000 bracelet with a $250 watch a jewelry sin? Should I start off with an entry level rolly? But then again, is it a jewelry sin to rock a Rolex and drive a $15,000 car? It's an endless cycle
mean.gif
I can't win
Depends on how you feel... Most of our clients start off with a nice timepiece first and buy a nice bracelet later on to compliment it... What was your budget for a watch?

I want a bracelet so bad, but I feel like I need a designer watch first. Is rocking a $1000 bracelet with a $250 watch a jewelry sin? Should I start off with an entry level rolly? But then again, is it a jewelry sin to rock a Rolex and drive a $15,000 car? It's an endless cycle :smh: I can't win

Me personally I rock a bracelet with no watch, waiting for a rolex.

I want a bracelet so bad, but I feel like I need a designer watch first. Is rocking a $1000 bracelet with a $250 watch a jewelry sin? Should I start off with an entry level rolly? But then again, is it a jewelry sin to rock a Rolex and drive a $15,000 car? It's an endless cycle :smh: I can't win

It is your money man. Spend it in whatever way makes you happy. As long as your car is reliable, it doesn't matter but I might look at you weird if you are driving a Civic or Focus with a $30k Day date 2 on. At the end of the day, it is your money and good watches last a long time, way longer than cars.

Why buy an entry level watch, just buy the watch you like and can afford or save up to get what you want. No point in spending thousands on an entry level Rolex that you don't really like that much just to be able to say you have one.

Just don't show up to a school with thousands of dollars in jewelry and shoes on to donate a $1000 check

I want a bracelet so bad, but I feel like I need a designer watch first. Is rocking a $1000 bracelet with a $250 watch a jewelry sin? Should I start off with an entry level rolly? But then again, is it a jewelry sin to rock a Rolex and drive a $15,000 car? It's an endless cycle
mean.gif
I can't win
You can rock a $20,000 bracelet with a $100 g shock who gives a ****. For myself i would consider it a sin to wear a $250 Michael Kors watch with or without a bracelet. There are plenty of good watches in the $150 - $500 price range. I would also say never buy jewelry with a credit card and don't buy any jewelry if you're in debt. If your car is payed for then go for it. 

These luxury watches are overpriced anyways. They do the same thing as a $200 Seiko. I still like them though, but I think they all are about $3-5k priced higher than they should be. (At least the watches in the Rolex tier of luxury watches)

Paul Wall and Johnny are having a deal if you buy a watch from them and the East all stars win on Sunday, you get the watch for free

mean.gif
I can't win
if you or anyone else for that matter really wants some jewels but dunno what to do get a simple 14k-18k bracelet.  watches cost money to maintain.  a clean bracelet is something that seems like an easier sell down the road when/if you wanna upgrade cause it's basically unisex and "classy".  if you drive a 15k car from the past 4-5 years and have jewels of any kind people might think they're fake.  then again if you have a 15k car from  the 1990s or early 000's and have jewels people may not tend to think your jewels are fake.  I really haven't checked used car prices in awhile though so I could be a little off there

Last edited:
if you or anyone else for that matter really wants some jewels but dunno what to do get a simple 14k-18k bracelet. watches cost money to maintain. a clean bracelet is something that seems like an easier sell down the road when/if you wanna upgrade cause it's basically unisex and "classy". if you drive a 15k car from the past 4-5 years and have jewels of any kind people might think they're fake. then again if you have a 15k car from the 1990s or early 000's and have jewels people may not tend to think your jewels are fake. I really haven't checked used car prices in awhile though so I could be a little off there

if you or anyone else for that matter really wants some jewels but dunno what to do get a simple 14k-18k bracelet.  watches cost money to maintain.  a clean bracelet is something that seems like an easier sell down the road when/if you wanna upgrade cause it's basically unisex and "classy".  if you drive a 15k car from the past 4-5 years and have jewels of any kind people might think they're fake.  then again if you have a 15k car from  the 1990s or early 000's and have jewels people may not tend to think your jewels are fake.  I really haven't checked used car prices in awhile though so I could be a little off there

Last edited:
If you bought one of those Johnny watches than you know nothing about watches... I'd rather have one of my G-Shock's over those things.
What's wrong with em? Not saying I agree or disagree, I really don't know much about watches n wanna know what to look at while looking

It's at the same quality as a Joe Rodeo watch
joe rodeos are trash but come on, it's like the seiko discussion except I would take the seiko over the joe rodeo, some brands just don't hold the same water others do regardless of price/craftsmanship and company history.

joe rodeos are trash but come on, it's like the seiko discussion except I would take the seiko over the joe rodeo, some brands just don't hold the same water others do regardless of price/craftsmanship and company history.
I think we're agreeing on the same thing.

Were Jacob & Co . watches even any good ? In terms of quality/movements ? Or was it just overpriced doo doo.

Last edited:

Were Jacob & Co . watches even any good ? In terms of quality/movements ? Or was it just overpriced doo doo.

They are the biggest rip off, all cheap chinese or Japanese quartz movements, the diamonds are the only thing worth anything as most are steel not even sure if they're 316 steel. Some were gold but that 5 time zone was a piece of junk that every one in and around hip hop had to have, wonder how many got their heart broken when times got hard and had to sell it for less than a 1/4 of what they paid or less.

Back
Top Bottom