**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Saw this on IG. Pretty cool actually :lol: :pimp:

FC508358-C325-47FC-90DE-33799FF45117.png

F091661A-1608-48CA-A01A-D44E1B654B0C.png

Acid tested my 18k Cuban from Daniel's and it disappeared lol, used an 18k ring in comparison and it didn't desolve it completely. Ran 14k acid over it aswell and it didn't have any effect. Comparing it in luster to some 14k chains I have its definitely 16kt or 17kt but wont no for sure till it hits an xray machine.

like where? all i hear is asian countries rockin 22-24k gold in their norm.. no way the UK rockin with 8k

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading something about anything under 10k can’t be classified as gold in the states..while the EU does. I also do remember reading that 8k is pretty common in European countries.

Tbh and correct me if I’m wrong, I feel like 10k even 14k is a very western thing.

China, India, Africa all rocking high gold content jewelry.
I visited Dubai this past year and went to the gold shops there and they didn’t do anything below 18k. I had to go out my way to just get 18k there and only Americans and Africans were in that shop.
Most shops sold 22k and up.

I’ve always read that 14k is the better choice for something you’d wear everyday as it’s harder than 18k. I’m not sure if that also applies to thick Cubans and whatnot, but what if I were to get a 4mm rope? Would 18k still get messed up? It’s not the thickest, but also not the thinnest i guess.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading something about anything under 10k can’t be classified as gold in the states..while the EU does. I also do remember reading that 8k is pretty common in European countries.
Smh broke *** Europeans... out here flossing nothing better than basically fool's gold. :smh:

also just for some numerical ideas in terms of "hardness"

lets use the HV scale (Vicker's Hardness Value):

14 kt gold = 125 - 165 HV
18 kt gold = 85 - 125 Hv
24kt gold = 35 hv (soft as bird sh-----)
The best platinum alloys = 110 - 135 Hv

Tiffany's plat alloys are 130Hv (95% Plat 5% Ruthenium)

so if u wanna go with 18K gold and are afraid of scratches, request the alloy to be the one that has 125 HV. idk what the mix of metals is and the percentage for that HV though. also, it'll probably affect color a bit.

Acid tested my 18k Cuban from Daniel's and it disappeared lol, used an 18k ring in comparison and it didn't desolve it completely. Ran 14k acid over it aswell and it didn't have any effect. Comparing it in luster to some 14k chains I have its definitely 16kt or 17kt but wont no for sure till it hits an xray machine.
Acid test is horrible for your gold.

egaroc1 egaroc1 what were them prices hitting for?
i didnt do too much pricing out there but what i did learn was that they charge 14K price for 18K. Most chains were fair quality but hollow 22k-24K. Custom orders would be done in 2-3 days for most stuff.

It was very overwhelming and i didnt have much time to investigate the gold souk and bargain shop.
i did get a custom cross made there 4.7 grams 18k(750 stamped) 2.74 ctw single cross pendent GH/SI. i paid around 3 bands for it and compared to the 4-7K in the states(IB/IF/Ebay). Quality of custom was on point and diamonds were good quality. They pretty much do what ever you want for a decent price.
I do think getting custome gold and diamonds are cheap there but its hard to put an exact price on everthing.
The expeirence was priceless tho :pimp:

i didnt do too much pricing out there but what i did learn was that they charge 14K price for 18K. Most chains were fair quality but hollow 22k-24K. Custom orders would be done in 2-3 days for most stuff.

It was very overwhelming and i didnt have much time to investigate the gold souk and bargain shop.
i did get a custom cross made there 4.7 grams 18k(750 stamped) 2.74 ctw single cross pendent GH/SI. i paid around 3 bands for it and compared to the 4-7K in the states(IB/IF/Ebay). Quality of custom was on point and diamonds were good quality. They pretty much do what ever you want for a decent price.
I do think getting custome gold and diamonds are cheap there but its hard to put an exact price on everthing.
The expeirence was priceless tho :pimp:
Kinda sounds like St. Maarten or other Caribbean islands for that matter. Gold be cheap out there.

Back
Top Bottom