**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

10k. if 14k is just gonna keep breaking it aint even worth it, and plated is just that. i mean GG got quality plated but that still dont escape the fact itll wear off eventually

If you got 14k that keeps breaking, it’s a quality issue at that point. I truly never seen or heard of a 14kt Cuban breaking.

Now if it’s a necklace like the one Red’s grandma gave him, then you got a problem right there chief

So I purchased a Cuban from Daniels Jewelry and on their site it says approximately 50g but it’s actually 48g. Is it petty to ask for a refund for the 2g I was shorted?

So I purchased a Cuban from Daniels Jewelry and on their site it says approximately 50g but it’s actually 48g. Is it petty to ask for a refund for the 2g I was shorted?

If you want the 60 bucks ask for it . Many times jewelers doing labor let the customer know from the bat that it's just approximate , but still refund out of good faith.

I remember one time I ordered a 52 gram franco from Sarraf and got a 44 gram one . I was so pissed I returned it for all my money back regardless of approximate or not.

If you want the 60 bucks ask for it . Many times jewelers doing labor let the customer know from the bat that it's just approximate , but still refund out of good faith.

I remember one time I ordered a 52 gram franco from Sarraf and got a 44 gram one . I was so pissed I returned it for all my money back regardless of approximate or not.

Did they try and refund you the difference
That’s a big difference in weight not that approximate b.s.
I would be pissed

I would

That’s what a lot of these online jewelers seem to do
they figure the customer will just wear it and be happy
Be smart when getting gold online weight it yourself if possible and take it to a jewelry to make sure it’s the gold karat you brought

You can ask, but not sure if they’ll actually refund you the difference. The site does say approximately 50 grams and I would say 48 is close enough.

im surprised they didn't credit u when it was shipped out tbh.

:rofl:

C'mon man.... It just doesnt work that way. You realize you are talking about the worth after it is melted down and separated. Do you think that labor is priced for free?

Like someone else said, the only way you get the price for the pure weight on your 10k chain would be to find a sucker.
Then find a 200 gram Cuban for $2bands! The reason u can't is because it still holds value. Yall are talking about pawnshops and middle of the mall jewelers with that lossing value talk. In that case take ur 14k to a pawnshop and see wht u get...10% of the spot value!

Hell nah

Ask for that refund of 2G.

Wtf.

They probably do it to every 25 customers and that’s 50g they recover to sell another chain that’s already been sold.

Last edited:
200 gram 10k Cuban= 80 grams of 24k gold at spot prices of $40 gram=$3200 then pawnshops pay 10% so that chain is worth $320 to pawn

200 gram 14k Cuban=116 grams of 24k at spot prices of $40 gram=$4640 then 10% for pawnshops= $464 to pawn

$144 ain't enough for us to s*÷× on 10k‍♂️

I am talkin about the refined value..u can melt it down to pure for 10% of ur yield so why pawn for 10% when u can give up 10% and sell outright?

Also u should be dealin wit a reputable jeweler that lets u update or sell at a minimal loss... they are out there

A142E5F4-B5E6-49D6-AD72-78FE2CA94E86.jpeg

Chunky :sick:

Just cop the 10k chain man. That's what YOU want anyway. No point to convince you otherwise
I'm good homz...I own 14 and 10k..I always do wht I want anyway so no press. Just tired of yall givin bad advice. Then yall say dumb s*÷× like "ur gonna lose value because it's 10k".. so I pulled out the simple math and wht yall sayin don't add up! I know better but for people just gettin into jewelry yall would steer them in the wrong direction! I been on here and avoided all the little personal back and forth and I dont need niketalk beef but when u give out faulty info.. it needs to be corrected! I've stated my position.. nothin wrong wit stating a preference but to say don't buy 10k at the right price is WRONG. U OGz should know better

61140CFB-AD7F-4DBF-BFA6-7307043427AD.jpeg
6D1AFAF4-F4D6-410E-92A0-B5578436DA13.jpeg
Guys, I’m in love with this David Yurman set, comes out to about 7k is so simple and I guess that’s what I like about it, the chain feel strong too, 14k gold, not sure on the diamonds on the charm of in completely honest, the chain is about 2500 and the charm is about 4500, what are tour thoughts guys? I’m I better off not buying from a brand store?

Guys, I’m in love with this David Yurman set, comes out to about 7k is so simple and I guess that’s what I like about it, the chain feel strong too, 14k gold, not sure on the diamonds on the charm of in completely honest, the chain is about 2500 and the charm is about 4500, what are tour thoughts guys? I’m I better off not buying from a brand store?

Your just buying the name David Yurman.

Jacoje probably has something cheaper you would like
https://www.jacoje.com/shop/2mm-franco-chain-ad24h-g7t5e-pj2pz-46yre

the pendant looks cool but probably not worth the close to 5 grand. I have no idea how much a good jeweler would charge to make a similar piece so maybe I'm wrong. the chain looks straightforward enough, here are a bunch of similar links on sarraf.com
http://www.sarraf.com/categories/14K-Selection--/14k-Yellow-Gold/Chains/Box-(Round)/
http://www.sarraf.com/categories/14K-Selection--/14k-Yellow-Gold/Chains/Box/
sum people say that the just over 50 bucks a gram for 14k sucks while others have said it's reasonable. You will probably not get a premium for the David Yurman name if you have to sell it off down the line.

Back
Top Bottom