**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

That platinum Cuban is next level. Still love the platinum era of hip hop jewels.

it was kinda boring for me tbh, that's why da gold era came back so strong...looks so much better in person..and da layman can't tell da difference between white gold and platinum.

if you wear a rhodium plated necklace and it has to get replated every 6 months-1year where does all the rhodium go?

it was kool for a few years on rappers & athletes if you expected to see them to wearing a yellow chain. was just a change of pace visually and made you question what the material was if you were like me and weren't all that familial with white gold & platinum.

if you wear a rhodium plated necklace and it has to get replated every 6 months-1year where does all the rhodium go?

The rhodium wears off over time, usually due to the acidity of your skin but also due to other elements and chemicals it's exposed to. I have a two tone chain I've had for a few years and it doesn't look bad but not as dope as the day I bought it.

when it comes to its appearance platinum is more white and shinny, white gold has a a dull look with a hint of yellow, silver is grayish.

ptvswg.jpg

Anyone know where I can find something like this besides IF&C? Or would it be easier to go to any jeweler and ask them to custom make it? Not looking for anything huge or anything, just for my newborn and wife.

Attachments

• 79BFEB5A-290A-44BA-B69C-31AA5D7A55F3.jpeg
    79BFEB5A-290A-44BA-B69C-31AA5D7A55F3.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 75D88A03-FD23-4445-B7BC-1FC865D499A0.jpeg
    75D88A03-FD23-4445-B7BC-1FC865D499A0.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
  • FA44831A-7F2F-4056-BA99-389B26A5A1D1.jpeg
    FA44831A-7F2F-4056-BA99-389B26A5A1D1.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 32
**** da next man.

yeah thats fine, problem is white gold loses its whiteness fairly quickly (gotta replate it) and platinum tbh looks like polished chrome... doesn't really capture your imagination like glimmering polished gold.

When I was a kid, Floyd came into my barbershop and had a whole platinum setup on. That **** was shining hard man, like the actual metal.

So in the market to finally get a baby Jesus piece partially iced before the year ends and wanted some input. Looking at If&Co (know pricing is high), Icebox, or Jacoje. Liking the Icebox piece but wasn't sure if it comes w/a chain like the If&co and jacoje one. As far as baby jp go, is 6mm the max you can go w/a cuban? Want to eventually upgrade to a Leon or Gmc chain.

ya i always thought white gold was wack... it does look silver... i rather have that yellow gold... it just looks more rich imo...

That’s when platinum was the move. Everyone at school was rocking a “platinum” chain from the kiosk at the mall and size 42 jeans.
soo many ppl would come and sell silver chains for a month or two at a couple of shopping malls near me in the late 90's. I wonder if the platinum jewelry era was engineered in part by ppl hoarding a lot of silver who wanted to unload.

Back
Top Bottom